Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester v Leinster 07/05/2022 - Welford Rd, 5.30pm. BT Sports

• 06-05-2022 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭

LEICESTER TIGERS

15. Freddie Steward, 14. Chris Ashton, 13. Matias Moroni, 12. Guy Porter, 11. Harry Potter, 10. George Ford, 9. Ben Youngs, 1. Ellis Genge (c), 2. Julian Montoya, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Ollie Chessum, 5. Calum Green, 6. Hanro Liebenberg, 7. Tommy Reffell, 8. Jasper Wiese.

Replacements:

16. Nic Dolly, 17. James Whitcombe, 18. Joe Heyes, 19. Harry Wells, 20. George Martin, 21. Richard Wigglesworth, 22. Freddie Burns, 23. Nemani Nadolo

LEINSTER RUGBY

15. Hugo Keenan, 14. Jimmy O'Brien, 13. Garry Ringrose, 12. Robbie Henshaw, 11. James Lowe, 10. Johnny Sexton (c), 9. Jamison Gibson-Park, 1. Andrew Porter, 2. Ronan Kelleher, 3. Tadhg Furlong, 4. Ross Molony, 5. James Ryan, 6. Caelan Doris, 7. Josh van der Flier, 8. Jack Conan.

Replacements:

16. Dan Sheehan, 17. Cian Healy, 18. Michael Ala'alatoa, 19. Joe McCarthy, 20. Rhys Ruddock, 21. Luke McGrath, 22. Ross Byrne, 23. Tommy O'Brien

I dunno, Leicester have been in great form but I look at the respective teams and I think if Leinster are in form, they will have too much quality. Would be nice for Furlong to even the scores with Genge.

Paddy Power says Leinster are 6-point favourites. Sounds about right to me but it will be a tense afternoon I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Always going to be tense at this stage of the competition. I have a sneaking suspicion Leicester will not be able to live with our attacking game though. They looked very fragile in both Connacht games, when the tempo sped up. Whatever about the battle at scrum time. The ruck is where this game will be won and lost. If we can get out ruck speed and accuracy right. We will cause them all sorts of problems that I don’t think they can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Most resurgent teams find it very hard to compete on two fronts and it usually takes a couple of seasons to progress in Europe notwithstanding success in domestic league. Just look at Saracens, Exeter and any number of French teams. Success at Europe must be earned. I am hoping Leicester fall victim to this as well.

That being said, less than ideal prep for Leinster in the run up to this game with SA trip.

Finally, delighted for Molony getting a start in a big QF game. Has become such an important player for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

That leciester team will need some wizardry from their back 3 to come out on top

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Leicester may well be fighting on two fronts, but they had a home semi in the Prem wrapped up a few weeks ago, so they can concentrate on this. I still expect Leinster to win out, but I expect it to be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very wary about this game. Leicester might copy what La Rochelle did to us last season and what Munster have been trying to do to us for years. Hoist the ball in the air and put on a huge chase. Then attempt to turn us over when we counterattack. They've a very strong set piece so any penalty turnovers we concede will be punished.

But I also think Leinster are better prepared to face that sort of game plan this season. Our counterattack has improved immensely. Just look at our first try against Connacht from a few weeks ago. We forced a turnover inside our own 22 and a few quick passes gave us a three on one overlap from which we scored a try. Upskilling our forwards to where they're all comfortable as passing options has brought our attack to that next level.

Keenan, JOB and Lowe are all pretty safe under the high ball too. Hopefully that won't be a massive issue. Also, for as good as Leicester are, I don't think they have a game breaking forward in the mould of Will Skelton. Someone who did so much damage to Leinster last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm not that fussed about comparisons to the La Rochelle game, I think this matchday squad is just a lot stronger. No Sexton, JGP, Doris that day, Toner started in the 2nd row, Porter hadn't made the switch to LH, the sub SH was Rowan Osborne, Sheahan hadn't come on the scene yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Skyfloater

Is the €10 day pass no longer an option on Sky or BT Sport anymore? Don't fancy having to sign up for a 3 month deal which I won't use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

On Now TV, you can get a month of Sports Extra (ie BT sport) for 10 euro, so that will take you right through to the final.

I got a link for 3 months at €10 a month. Do you have a link for that offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Leinster just need to control discipline and compete at the scrum. If they get hammered at scrum time it could be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

You can sign up to the "10 euro pm for 3 mths" deal but cancel immediately and you'll only pay for one month

Being the most improved team in the gallagher premership is all well and good, but its still the gallagher premership and this is another level that tigers have not been at before, or if they have been at it before they are past it like ashton and coles.

Leinster by 25-30 after a tight 50-55 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

If Leinster won by that much, I'd prostate myself on the floor and sing hymns and some Fontaines dc to anyone who'd listen.

Ugh. Bricking it now.

Head says that we've better players and a more expansive gameplan. But awful feeling that we'll be undone by the side with home advantage an very solid set piece.

BT are showing the Munster and Leinster games in the same channel. What happens now that Munster had gone to extra time?

Does BT delay coverage of the latter until the former is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Extra time will be over just in time, I'd imagine they will smash cut to Welford Road and analyse both later.

Not unless it goes to a shootout!

• Advertisement

BT just announced they've changed the channel for the match to Extra 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scott1974

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

The scheduling of these games is an embarrassment for the tournament

0-3 Leinster after 4 minutes for anyone who can't watch.

JGP kicks out on the full from just outside our 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I can but I'm not. You can't flick back and forth from a red button channel.

Leicester win a penalty on Leinsters put it.

Ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

What a joke, bought a subscription bt sport via now TV only to watch the leinster games and now can't watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Really hope they switch the game back to BT2 asap

Advertisement