Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester v Leinster 07/05/2022 - Welford Rd, 5.30pm. BT Sports

Options

Comments

Kelleher showing up everywhere. Has clearly been rushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

It’s a bit silly to schedule not enough time between the matches. Missed first 15 minutes. Leinster totally dominant. Leicester look like they have no clue. JGP is playing really well. Much faster to rucks and to clear ball than his adversary. If Leicester don’t score first after break it’s game over. They seem to have a lot of what I’ll kindly call veterans in their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leicester's game plan is clearly for Wiese to go through Sexton at every opportunity. But it isn't working.

Near the end of the half, he got the ball in his 22 and made an arcing run away from support to target Sexton. But he'd run so far already that he was no longer accelerating into contact and was out down easily. If he'd made a direct carry he had a better chance to make metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think the scheduling is ok tbh, the shootouts happen about once a decade and I know if I had to wait 60 or 90 mins between games I'd get a bit fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Top of the Premiership? This lot?

Ask me b....

• Advertisement

Leicester were getting more possession near the end of the half. Need to make sure their fans nor players have anything to get behind. Need that early score.

There was a few moments tin that half where Ford was really threatening the line. He was making good runs and trying to draw the tackler and out a player into space. But the receiver fluffed the catch and knocked on. They won't always mess those up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The fact that three of four semi-final games were happening at the same time was beyond bad. No excuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Leicester facilities and dressing rooms look pretty poor on tv considering the Premiership spends so much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

The French quarter final being on now is crazys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Old stadium. And away dressing room is intentionally bad at Welford rd

• Advertisement

That's a try we shouldn't have conceded. Got the break with the crooked throw and failed to capitalise with Lowe's kick.Their driving maul looks lethal.

Could be trouble here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Bad start for Leinster to this second half. Expected some response from Leicester but helped on by a poor clearing kick from Lowe.

Ok, game on.

More errors

Keenan from the high ball and Doris with the carry.

Yeah matches overlapping is ridiculous. I'm specifically referring to the gap between games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

All the momentum has swung to Leicester now. Leinster really need to weather this and get their game going.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Some power up front for Tigers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster being run ragged this first 10 minutes or so. Really need to retain possession.

They haven't the fitness to keep this up. Soak for another 5 minutes and we'll build back in. No bother.

Big, big trouble

• Advertisement

JAMES FUPPIN RYAN

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. So good to see him back.

Thank Jaysus for Leicester's hot headedness.

Big scrum here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Need to play some territory here. Take the heat out of it.

Really need some territory.

We've had none in the second half.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

20 minutes in our own half.

Doris needs to do better there. We've had no possession or territory this half and he immediately handed it back to them.

Hmm Doris coulda held on to that one and let's have the ball in Leicester half

• Advertisement

Of course JDF covered the ground to charge that down

Advertisement