Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leicester v Leinster 07/05/2022 - Welford Rd, 5.30pm. BT Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Ryan was brilliant. JGP motm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If he continues this career trajectory, Van Der Flier will go down as our best ever 7.

Porter on and scrum goes against Leinster. Really needs to get better in that area of his game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Normal service has been resumed!

Great to get the required win but will have to up their game by many levels to beat Toulouse next week and they to win the whole thing.

Ryan was brilliant after being out for so long.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Awful second hand performance. Strong defence never got any go-forwzrd ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leicester were absolutely the better side in that half. They pounded away for 25 minutes and finally got their maul going.

But the damage was done in the first half by Leinsters excellent attacking performance. We made them start to chance the game and they tried to play a high tempo based game they weren't suited to. Made a lot of handling errors.

Also, we defended much better than Leicester. BT highlighted how many spacing and numbering errors Leicester made. Leinster made one all game.

Special mention to James Ryan for a dominant lineout performance. Stole two Leicester attacking lineouts from 5m out and took away their biggest weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Be nice if they put the prices like Munster today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭LostArt

It's epcr pricing for the semi so there's not a hope of that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I almost wish the Semi was in France, I'd just love to be hopping on a Ryanair to the south of France somewhere, it's a really beautiful time of the year down there before it gets too hot, outdoor beers in the cafés and town squares, moules et frites to survive on. Heaven.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah I know, sure supply/demand, but would have been nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭TRC10

I've reached the end of my tether with Doris. He is absolutely awful. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen a worse handler of a rugby ball playing professional rugby. Drop him for Baird or Rhys.

Porter having the same issues at scrum time and just doesn't seem to be improving at all. Moving him back to LH is starting to look like a very bad move.

It's a damning inditement on the Premiership that we can put in such a terrible performance and still beat the best team in England in their backyard. Massive improvement needed to have any chance v Toulouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Who on earth are the absolute morons trying to drown out the after match interviews on BT? It's embarrassing.

TRC and his blind hatred of Doris is always a treat.

He makes handling errors sure. But overall he's one of the best backrows in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

The traveling fans celebrating a massive win? come on

Ah come on, it's a bit more than that. Most of the travelling fans are already down the pub.

Rob was visibly annoyed.

These ones are just pathetic. Absolute eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭TRC10

No he is most certainly not. That's just the typical overhyping of Irish players. You can't be one of the best back rowers in Europe if you can't hold a f*cking ball. Maybe if he learns how to he will be. But right now he's an absolute liability.

I don't hate anyone. I'm sure he's a lovely fella.

• Advertisement

If we want to talk about a Leinster player who genuinely played poorly, then we have to look at Luke McGrath. His passing has regressed to his early years as a pro. They're loopy and three feet above the head of the receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Pathetic? Trumped up the cash for an away fixture and hanging around after to cheer on coach and team for a job well done. Fair play I say. Let us know when you attend your first match though.

Whatever. I've been a season ticket holder since we played matches in Donnybrook.

I'll leave you to it. Have good evening

Took the premiership leaders to the cleaners in the first half in their own back yard and never looked in top gear.

Leinster will have to close out games and opted to spend the second half keeping Leicester in their box and predominantly did so. That we turned the second half into a training exercise speaks volumes.

Completely dominant performance against a top team.

We were a bit loose in parts and individually a good bit of the 23 failed to hit their high marks but for the most part they didn't need to.

Don't really fear Toulouse, I think we'll have too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭LostArt

My only worry about next weekend is their scrum, right now I'm 6 cans deep but I reckon we'll win by 7+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭leakyboots

His hands are absolutely awful for a backrow. He's time to fix it though, Jean Kleyn in the last 4-5 months is a different player to the one spilling in contact and unable to offload.

I do think he's slightly overrated on here at Irish level like you said.

VdF though, wow, now he's a player.

As for next week, Toulouse don't have the fitness, if Leinster move them around for the 80 they could do them. I'd fear for Leinster up front though, especially in the scrum. They're one of the biggest teams I've ever seen

(bit of a sign of the times that a Heineken Cup quarter final only gets 5 pages at this stage and likewise 8 for the Munster match, this new site is a bit ****)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

No they didn't. They drew after 100 mins and won in a pretty arbitrary three-kicker penalty shootout :) Munster could have wrapped that up on the 80th and 100th minute and I don't think Toulouse could have complained too much, our kicking letting us down was a deciding factor.

They subbed off the first of their fatties after 46 mins. If Leinster have their usual tempo at ruck time and survive in the scrum Toulouse won't cope, Leinster are that bit more clinical than us at the moment.

Ulster and Munster have shown the template - quick ball and move them around.

Will be a big test for Porter and, later on in the match, Healy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I think home advantage could be huge, and the lack of extra time. Leinster fly home, recover, train as normal. Toulouse potentially flying home after playing extra time, try to recover, hop back on a plane and then play Leinster at home. I would certainly prefer to be in Leinster's shoes going into next weekend.

Advertisement