Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does Israel Get way with this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Had that been verified?

Terrible stuff if true. What crimes were the accused of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Ireland and Europe stood by and let 6 million jews be murdered.

Meanwhile in Israel:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/israel-knife-attack-elad-three-killed-tel-aviv-b998263.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,226 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They can't keep sitting up on the backs of those who were killed 80 years ago as an excuse to give them licence to do whatever they want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because, dear reader, the Israel-Palestine conflict has been gaslit to the point of tears.

Its the Palestinians who are the war criminals not Israel.

• Advertisement

27 million Russians died in WWII.

I think it's still fair enough to criticise them for their current "activities". Would ya not agree?

The fact that loads of them died 80 years ago has no justification for individual actions today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Israel are as bad as russia....but sure if you say anything negative you are labelled "anti semitic"...

Have you seen the Russia thread lately?

The language used to describe Russians there simply would not be tolerated when discussing Israeli crimes....

The Ukrainians are getting a flavour of what the Palestinians have had to live with for decades....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Right, because Israel has never been evidenced committing war crimes. I completely forgot I had Jerusalamnesia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

People get terrible annoyed when you bulldoze their house and shoot their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

There is no innocent side in that conflict - however random, unverified Twitter videos are not a good basis for an opinion. The mere fact that they set it to twinkly, heartstring music shows that it's an attempt at emotional manipulation, rather than actual journalism. I would completely discount it as propaganda until it is verified by a credible journalist.

Unless you have an agenda yourself here then you should really be more savvy in your information sources. That said if you wanted rational discussion you wouldn't have posted in current affairs.

Post edited by CrookedJack on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

This could be veeeeery interesting.

Gets loads of popcorn ready.

Take their land and wipe them out, right? Rings a Nazi bell.

I notice you haven't denied the op just used the Jewish faith as an excuse for Israeli butchery. The Jews have suffered enough, they don't need you abusing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I think the most accurate thing to say is there are rights and wrongs on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Yahweh. Israel gets Yahweh with everything.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

We know of verified criminal acts perpetrated by Israeli forces. We know they steal land. That's enough IMO.

Palestinians don't want peace

Apparently the Ukrainians are also not agreeing to allow Russia to have some of their country. Very inconsiderate

Which is why this will never be resolved.

They're as bad as each other. I'm not even joking. The crap that Palestinians have gotten up to over the decades is horrible. Justified by what Israeli's did... but that shouldn't excuse such behaviour.

This taking of sides is what's fuelling the apathy towards dealing with this crap. Treat them equally, and punish them equally.. and then step back, forcing them to come to terms, and hold them both to those terms.

Anything less, with any taking of sides, will guarantee that this crap will continue for centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

Because, Israel propaganda has infiltrated the west with years....

Any "criticism" of Israel is considered "anti-Semitic"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the evidence would suggest otherwise.

while palestinian millitants have committed crimes, israel is the big war criminal by billions of miles with the most UN resolutions against it as a state.

the poster donald trump is correct, israel can't use the holocaust, disgraceful and unjustifiable as it was as an excuse for it's behaviour.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A propaganda poster doesn’t help your argument.

Israel is the aggressor. If Palestinians fight back, that's all on Israel. Why should an aggressive force do as it pleases but the victims play nice?

It's all wordplay BS. Each side manipulating the world for support. You've got to take away their support... otherwise this will never end.

And no, Palestine will never have enough support to stand on its own. The only realistic answer is to disarm them both from having such support.

No its not.

Israel expands more and more. It has a moving border. That alone tells us all we need to know.

It ruins friendships. Say nothing of fault of Israel or you're, basically Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

They invaded Palestine? The region corresponding to modern Israel and Palestine were formerly part of the Ottoman provence of Syria which then became the Mandate of Palestine after the region was split up between the French and British which eventually led to a civil war.

🙈🙉🙊

That alone tells us all we need to know.

It doesn't matter what Israel does or doesn't do (This is not, in any way, an excuse for Israel.. because I can see where this discussion is going).

You have decided that Palestinians are the victims, and nothing is going to shake that.[Because victims have zero responsibility for what happens to them]

Now, personally, I see you as part of the problem. No different from the posters/people who support Israel.

You're not interested in peace or resolution of this conflict. You're interested in who is "in the right".

Even if we could get peace tomorrow, you would be wanting Israel to be punished, even if it meant that peace wouldn't happen. And that's why this conflict won't end any time soon. We really need to move beyond that, and just care about finishing it.

It's application of selective logic. There was never a Palestinian state before Israel invaded either. Both groups pre-empted the British declaration.

Logic and/or historic fact doesn't factor highly in these discussions.

To be fair, you're basically Hitler if you criticise Palestine in Ireland... The Irish love an underdog, and the propaganda has been going hard for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

I wonder how Israeli prisoners would be treated by the Palestinians. How humane they'd be. We'll never see videos of that I'll bet.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Let's rewrite that. Palestine and it's people do not want to be forcibly displace to appease people who believe they have some sort of sovereign right to the land due to some descendants living there hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

It really opens a can of worms as to what people should be allowed then claim as their land and tell others to f*ck off. And anyone who disagrees is an antisemite apparently (despite Semites not being only Jewish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Its basically a US colony so EU pander to them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,580 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Pretty sure that creepy man doll Jared Kushner  sorted all that out.

Has to be fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭foxsake

we can go back decades to see the horrible nature of the political elite there.

for example, who backed the Phalange - who murdered thousands in Lebanon in the 1980s . Not to mention the many assassinations their agencies carried out in Europe and on more than one occasion killing non combatants.

the fact Hamas or the wider Palestinians don't behave well is irrelevant.

Israel sells itself as a modern civilized society yet behaves abhorrently . especially given how more advanced in militarily the Israelis are - they brutalise a population over the actions of a militia they can easily defeat. The stupidity of this is it only drive more to join Hamas.

In any case, since the founding of the state of Israel they have stolen huge amounts of land and committed war crimes against another people. They have no moral ground to stand on . The fact the only argument is something that happened 80 years ago is evident who morally bankrupt they are and they play that guilt on people who had no hand in, part or knowledge of.

As if any of our families could have known about it while picking potatoes and going to dances at the cross roads under the watchful eye of Archbishop McQuaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

not only something that happened 80 years but also committed by a completely different group of people than the ones they are persecuting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

The Israeli ambassador should have been kicked out of Ireland when it came to light that Mossad were using forged Irish passports.

"the fact Hamas or the wider Palestinians don't behave well is irrelevant."

I think it's very relevant. It's not whataboutery, it's having a sense of perspective. The fact is that Israel, for all it's faults, and there are plenty, is still head and shoulders way more tolerant and humane towards Palestinian prisoners than would be the case if the roles were reversed. That doesn't mean Israel is right or wrong - it's context that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

israel are wrong. they are forcing people from their homes and stealing their land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Same way we can invade any country we like under the guise of NATO world police, ignore all the proven war crimes, but then put on our judges hat and demand Putin is tried in The Hague by the very criminals guilty of the same act.

Israel is a Western state in the Middle East, they can do what they like.

• Advertisement

Sure you couldn't do that and upset our friends in America... I will wager the ambassador has a New York accent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Israel gets away with it because they take part in a concentrated astro turfing campaign to spread anti-palestinian and pro-israeli sentiment.

They have entire teams of people whose job is purely to police the internet in this manner

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭foxsake

I cant agree.

firstly as I mentioned initially - Israel sells itself to a high standard.

Secondly, tolerant and humane treatment in Israeli prisons for prisoners. this just isnt true . I'm not sure if your are taking the piss.

Even the Israeli Public Defense Office says widespread abuse and torture and the Israeli media report this.

That's even before you take into account eye witness reports.

this!

Israel are wrong. They do bad things. But the other side is worse. We'll never hear how Palestinians treat Israeli prisoners. We'll never hear any talk about Palestinians committing war crimes. Not because Palestinians are perfect innocent angels. It's because people aren't interested in holding Palestinians to the same standard as Israel. They almost show their own prejudices, as if they don't expect the Palestinians to be anything other than bloodthirsty barbarians, incapable of empathy and humanity towards Israelis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

This is exactly it. Added to that, the average Irish person hasn't got a clue about the history (1967, 1973). Israel is surrounded by enemy states with the stated intention of wiping Israel out, which especially with the history of attempted extermination makes Israelis feel they need to have this siege mentality. I don't agree with the settlements or any of that, so not an Israeli apologist on that front. If you are a minority (religion, sexuality etc), I think Israel would be the best place in the middle east to live. We simply don't hold the arab states to anything like the same standards as some hold Israel to.

That for me is crazy...

Its like saying to a man convicted of beating his wife... well really its ok because if she was stronger than you she would beat you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭monseiur

If the Israeli army (IDF) and it's political masters had to stand trial for the innmuerable war crimes they have comitted against the Palastinians since 1948 The Hauge court would be a very busy place indeed and many who are in in the top echelons in both politics and army would be languishing in jail today. The fact is that Israel is an American state but to an extent semi autonomous. The US pumps billons of $ into Israeli military under the guise of economic aid and supply them with the most sophisticated and up to date military equipment including nuclear bombs since the 1960's Jews are deeply rooted in the higher echleons of power in the US, politics, media, banking etc. and they use and abuse that priviliege.

There are numerous Anti Semetic Hate Crime Acts passed by US congress over the years yet back in 2015 a group in Texas were free to organise a Muhammad Art Cartoon contest with a $10,000 first price, the first prize going to the most offensive, degrading cartoon depicting Muhammad. Needless to say Muslims were outraged and regarded this as blasphemous, the hall holding the contest was attacked by gunmen who were shot dead by police. I am not suggesting that Jews had anything to do with this cartoon contest, indeed, chances are they didn't but it shows the double standards involved in Congress and it's acts thanks to Jewish influence and they sure know this and use it to their advantage. There is no such thing as justice in this world....might is right and the mighty get to write the history books.

I think it's like criticising the zookeeper for keeping lions in cages. Some cultures are simply not the same. Some are more aggressive, espouse blatant hatred, blatant calls for violence, and nobody cares. They only care about the stories that fit their worldview - Israel=BAD / Palestine=GOOD.

The fact is that Israel is an American state but to an extent semi autonomous.

I think you've got it backwards there

America is an Israeli state/puppet. The amount they send in aid every year shows that quite clearly. American coffers are pilfered on behalf of their "greatest ally" Israel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement