Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regeneron Great Limerick Run 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Sussex18

There used to be a bag drop area in one of the city centre primary schools, 'Limerick Project School' I think.

My entry is an old one, dating from 2018 and I opted for number delivery. I'm not sure about this year for new entries though. No Expo though I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

There are some posts on their facebook page: seems if you enter by 15 April (this Friday), you have a postage option. I don't recall selecting an explicit postage option, and don't see that clicking the entry link now, so assume it's included if you enter before the postage cut-off date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

They used to have bag drop, pre-covid, but not sure about now, no mention on the website or facebook page that I can see from a quick search

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Put this little table together (roughly estimated - might not be bang on) incase anyone finds it helpful. Number arrived in the post today accompanied by the god awful t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,043 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Got my t-shirt the other day. Registered for this a few years ago so looking forward to finally get to complete my first half marathon!

• Advertisement

What a god awful tshirt it is too! Started seeing all the road markings for mile markers and toilet/water stations over the past few weeks and have run as much of the route as possible. Almost there. Starting into taper over the next few days. Starting to get real!

If anybody has any questions that a "local" might be able to help with please ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Best place to have a comfort break when driving to on the way from m7?

Any time I've wanted to break that journey the plaza in Portlaoise (I think its before the toll?) is located ideally almost midway between Dublin and Limerick. Any of the other half decent stops are either too close to Dublin or too close to Limerick.

I meant in Limerick when you arrive. Might need the bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

O'Connell Street currently dug up. Will it be ready in time for the race? If not where will the finish line be?

• Advertisement

Are you travelling down the morning of and if so where do you plan on parking? There will be portaloos in the park at the start line but millions of other places depending where you are coming in.

Supposedly it's gonna be done...I'm sceptical. All the road markings ive seen are exactly the same as other years but I was running on o connell St the other day and it certainly ain't done!

Travelling down that morning. Usually come down night before but not this year. as impossible to get a place. I'd be down early enough. I was thinking might be a hotel somewhere on the road into Limerick from m7 as heading from Kildare. I'd even pay to park the car if I could use the toilets. Maldron maybe?

Train station is near the start. Also Clayton Hotel is on the Dock Road, which u could come in from the motorway. Free parking on the streets near there on a Sunday

Parking shouldnt be much of an issue. I'll be driving in myself and will likely park on one of the side streets but if I was in your shoes id probably park in the Qpark on Henry St (which has a toilet) . As Toffeeboy also said, the train station has parking and is near the start. Also has toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Race pack arrived today.

Never been so unenthusiastic about a race tbh.....still nowhere near right after Covid...can trot around reasonably ok but speed just not there atm.

Would not have bothered entering but managed to snaffle a free entry (for the 6 Mile) so will give it some sort of a lash on the day.

The t-shirt isn't that bad....was expecting worse 😆

Plain black 🤮

At least the quality is decent.

The 6 miler is usually jam packed at the start. Don't be sitting back in the pack or you'll be passing buggies, walkers and dog walkers.

Enjoy the Ennis road 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've done it a few times so know the drill....there's guaranteed to be a bunch of walkers wedged up at the front causing total chaos for the first few hundred metres :-)

I'll undoubtedly go out too fast and detonate at the Gaelic Grounds, before regaining composure for the photographers near the Strand Hotel 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I'd say Sunday morning could be tricky enough in the town for a comfortable comfort break. There is an applegreen service station just off the motorway in Birdhill about 15 minutes before you arrive in the city that might serve your purpose better than trying to find parking that suits both toilets and start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

I actually don't mind the t-shirt. Its a nice change from the bright colored ones we normally get and as you said the quality is decent.

• Advertisement

Also be careful of the new average speed cameras will be operational between nenagh and limerick on m7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Agreed. Thinking back over the muti-coloured monstrosities I've accumulated over the years, this actually looks good.

Black never goes out of fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JimmyChew

I'd imagine the GLR have the pressure on to get that street habitable before next week. Closing off William St probably isn't an option. Maybe around by Arthurs quay as a fall back but not ideal.

Top isn't too bad, as others have said, decent quality a bit dark but I'll add it to the pile.

No Expo? Meh.. usually little more than a bib pick up but I do enjoy bumping into some old friends the day before at these things.

All in all it's shaping up pretty we'll all things considered.

Struggling a little with the taper. But will be hot to trot come showtime. Local here also if anyone needs a little support.

To be honest ,as much as I give out about the shirt I don't really care about that stuff anyway...it'll end up in the back of the wardrobe.

Taper going well so far although very tired today.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JimmyChew

Just in town this morning. No way O Connell st is going to be finished or able to take a big crowd by next Sunday...

The latest I heard today is finish on William St. So no right turn after coming over the bridge by the Strand. Straight up on to William St instead. Take that with a pinch of salt though..the usual rumour mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Does anyone know how the chip timing works?

I'm not really into races but ran in the 2012 GLR. if I remember correctly they put a chip in your shoe or am I misremembering that?

If so, do you get the chip where the race starts in Pery Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Oh cool thanks! I hadn't looked at that closely. I see it now.

• Advertisement

Advertisement