Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Regeneron Great Limerick Run 2022

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ Caspero

Super event!

Does anyone else's GPS say the 6 mile Great Limerick Run today was actually a 10km? Mine says 9.99km whereas 6 miles is of course 9.656km.

The 6 mile/9.656km mark per my GPS was on Sarsfield Bridge bridge (which would make sense if the above is correct because per Google maps, that is about 0.35km from where the finish line was).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭ Swiper the fox

My watch said 9.8K which was a little over, exact same course as previous years so perhaps you took the long way around at some of the bends.

Was there race photography, and if so by who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ Caspero

Thanks @Swiper the fox ! I had a look on Google maps and it's almost the same as your watch at 9.79km so it looks like that's the distance. In case anyone else is curious here's the map https://imgur.com/1wxkQ7G

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ thelordgod

Finished in just over 3:22 - not my best run. Loads of support along the route. The only fault I had was running into the slower half marathon runners which took a bit out of me trying to get around them. Thankfully the rain held off until afterwards with just some drizzle in the last 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭ gaf1983

Great day yesterday, I was delighted to come away with a PB of 3:35:28. I had missed about 5 weeks of training in February/March with an ankle injury and Covid, so at one stage I thought I'd have to pull out.

Definitely went out too fast, finished the first half in 1:40... had to stop and walk a couple of times between Miles 20 and 22, but got going again just after Villiers.

The massage at the finish area was a Godsend, though it was nearly sorer than the marathon itself at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ Lostnfound

Great race, I planned to do this marathon a few times but commitments to other races got in the way. This year I had no excuse not to and really enjoyed it, took it handy, enjoyed the course, great support and lots of water along the way.

I have to say it’s one I might do again.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭ SeeMoreBut

It was well run event. Only confusion in half was just at the start when it was mentioned about holding pacer groups back to create a gap. I was just infront of the 1:30 guys and they seem to be scratching their heads as first they heard of it and didn't know if they just went or not because first group.

Buckets of water and great support on route.

Done the half many times and maybe I'll do the full next year for a change. I say it every year next year but the thoughts of 30+ km runs in Feb and Mar don't really appeal to me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ JMSE

Seemore try leaving Feb out? Just run as normal in Feb, decent volume. I had a crap Feb, and on the last day of it I began my training for Limerick, and was only 32 secs off my pb.

Advertisement