Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helen McEntee & Those Donations - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,958 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Has I said previously, I admire your resilience 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

For anyone claiming that a masters in media & communications is a good enough qualification for one of the most important ministries in the land, bare this in mind

Joseph Goebbels obtained a phd in German literature where after this, he worked as a writer, journalist, and clerk before joining the Nazi Party in 1924.

Politicians, who through their studies understand how to manipulate the media are the most dangerous of all. This applies to Simon Harris too.

Time to relegate Fine Gael back to the wilderness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sertorius

I am a dues paying member of FG.

The party of Varadkar et.al are a pure shambles, more concerned with Twitter feels.

The sooner they stop listening to NGOs and bellend predatory capitalists the better.

If theres nothing to hide be open and honest with the electorate. A Minister for Justice should have integrity.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jimwallace197 threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I am a dues paying member of FG.

I am sure you are! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sertorius

I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just randomly calling people out now? Great tactic.

You seem not to have a clue about what is going on with a large portion of FG supporters (many now ex-supporters). Including many previous ministers and many current FG politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Yes because an Internet forum is a great source of information on what is happening in the real political landscape of ireland

Remind me of the comment made at the start of this thread “she had a baby”

Then look a few posts back and tells anyone what they need to know about the content, do you not think?

This particular forum (Thread) has infact dealt with what happened in real politics and in particular in relation to one TD.

I've yet to see a logical or indeed coherent explanation for the sequence of events, which by any measure are troubling.

I certainly do not condone references to having a baby or other unsavoury comments posted, but equally such comments should not be used to then justify throwing all sorts of unrelated accusations, such as misogyny and a person's Educational prowess into the mix or I might add another political parties history or policies.

As Dan Aykroyd once famously said

"Just the Facts " Ma'am"

It is clear Helen McEntee has questions to answer, the excuses to date are utterly unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,268 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see the Taoiseach has defended her, so this will go the way of Leo and Simon C's difficulties. Coalition will circle the wagons around her...'nawthing to see here!'.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I couldn't resist but given the day that's in it 🤔😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭Xander10

I see Helen is rethinking offering a room to a Ukraine refugee.

Or in plain English, she is backing out.

Some excuse about the remoteness of her house. Has her house physically moved itself in the last for weeks from somewhere else since the offer?

I'd imagine someone fleeing bombs would be happy with a quiet location for walking and a bit of TV etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Floppybits

She said were she lives is pretty remote and her and her husband are not there at all during the day so anyone coming to stay with them would be left on their own most of the time. There is also a problem with Ukrainian driving licences not being recognised in the state except for car rentals. Don't know if she didn't know all this prior to making the offer or maybe she just made the offer to be seen to be making an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Yet another case of,

wait for it

LESSONS LEARNT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭TheDavester

i think it would delight them to be on their own, if she wasn't there virtue signalling/boring the shite off them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Sounds a lot like Helen doesn't trust strangers to be in her house alone, but expects others to be ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Typical, lead the hoardes in a charge of virtue signalling europhia and then duck out ASAP with a feeble excuse. Talk about being duped in full view they really believe the irish people are fools and sadly many are .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭Allinall

I would have thought there would be major security issues with the Minister for Justice having a refugee living in their house.

Wonder did she check this before making the offer?

• Advertisement

She just wanted kudos for volunteering her house and then after all the praise she sat down at her lovely wooden, possibly oak kitchen table and had a rethink about how utterly stupid she had been, to endanger her small child & her husband and give over her home to a stranger from a country with 6.0 murder rate as opposed to ireland with 0.7.

So she fumbled out an excuse to withdraw her offer. BUT there is a saving grace here, she also remarked that much of Ireland is unsuitable for Refugees / Poor Immigrants / Low Paid Immigrants so we give her 1 point for being brave enough to say something sensible & logical . Its such a rare thing in our government these days..

NB

According to Wikepedia Ukraine's homicide rate is 6.2 per hundred thousand while Ireland is 0.7. Almost 9 times the rate. This is worth considering when you open your families to accepting unknown & unvetted people.The government is refusing to do background checks on the people coming despite protests from their own citizens and the British government. Expect even more Irish people to be murdered this year and those of us who speak up against it to be shouted down. I hope reprisals are taken against the idiots behind this madness, strictly at the ballot box of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,737 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Expect even more Irish people to be murdered this year and those of us who speak up against it to be shouted down

Yep all those women and children will be going on murdering sprees.

Absolute next level delusion. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Helen has indicated that, "If it is possible, the government will avoid forcing people to give up properties or open their homes for Ukrainian Refugees"

Is that some sort of cloaked threat?

If I change the status of my home from house to airbnb can I claim €1000 per week per Refugee which is what is allegedly being paid now to hotels etc.. Or am i still going to be forced to take them for free if the Government cannot 'avoid' it - which I presume is inevitable if they keep bringing them over here.

Ahh the fear of "da foreigner"

I am sure we heard similar stories when the Polish arrived etc etc etc

You could call it racism. Sorry it is racism

If you are not aware Ireland has a huge issue with employment, we can't get the good old Irish off the dole. So we need thousands of immigrants into Ireland to keep the country afloat.

Just under 5%. Ireland has never had "full employment"

Of course some people can't work, other won't work

We now don't have enough people for the amount of jobs we have, so guess what the big bad foreigner is going to have to come in......oh would someone please think of the children

Where are the houses for them be logical instead of calling any observation racism its a boring retort to everything these days. Am i racist if i prefer a whippet to a greyhound grow some brain cells instead of singing from the virtue signalers bible and look at the state of our country. This country will hit crisis soon and for once tourism cant save us as the hotels are all blocked booked by the government for the incoming visitors. Its gone past madness now we have safely taken 25k and we are out of offers of homes those here are comfortable the next wave will be in camps would you live in a camp?

Full employment is not the same as zero unemployment because there are different types of unemployment, and some are unavoidable or even necessary for a functioning labor market. At any given time, jobs are being created and destroyed as industries evolve, and the transition from old jobs to new is not seamless.

Or those jobs will remain unfilled and some companies will go bust and/or be subsumed by others.

What you are proposing is a giant pyramid scheme.

I love you boggles you are always there to condemn and call people names, congrats on consistency ! :)

• Advertisement

It is racism. It is even worse you bring dogs into the conversation.

I would live in a camp if the alternative was to be killed.

If you are so concerned have you offered to help with the situation? or prefer to spread hatred online?

Advertisement