Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helen McEntee & Those Donations - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,039 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I haven't claimed anything JJ, it's Helen's shifting claims that are under the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Now your being unpleasant, crass and absurd, I've not once brought Gender into this but it's very telling you and others reach to the gutter trying to deflect . As others have said , Gender has absolutely nothing to do with this , nice attempt at baiting, I won't bite ..

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

The one you'll attempt to deflect from poorly , I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

As a big tayto park attendee I can confirm it was closed during the pandemic, it opened during the mid pandemic interlude and then closed against for 2nd lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Quelle surprise

a business sends an email asking for clarification so they can plan to hire etc and suddenly we have a “story”

As I pointed out already every company in ireladn was doing the same, if it wasn’t then they are a bit stupid

It is funny how the papers now realise the content or facts doesn’t matter anymore, just a fancy headline and it will get the bees buzzing, does anyone actually think this will make any difference to an election?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just happens that same business likes to throw donations at the TD it's asking.

If it walks like a 🦆and quacks like a 🦆 it's a duck.

Throw donations 😂

every party in ireland gets donations

if they got an advantage or opened sooner then it’s a story, they didnt

People need to stop looking so foolish making up a scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It doesn't matter that Tayto park wasn't open. What matters is, she had extra donations from them, and pushed for Tayto park to open during restrictions. I suppose she also has another masters to compete with anyone in NPhet? She also didn't come clean of her own volition, SIPO were lied to that the money came from three uncles, ad She is disputing SIPO's account of the donations, and this is our minister of Justice? This is the most headlines she has made for doing anything since she got voted in.

As for the 'nothing to see here' brigade, What has that led to so far for Bailey, Murphy, Varadkar, Harris, Coveney? Wrong every single time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They wanted to know could they open their zoo part, because Dublin zoo was open, looking for clarity.

Apologies I know facts are not welcome.

Carry on.

What happened to making up truth and facts? Only applies to others? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No one is making up a scandal. Just discussing the facts which are being highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

To me.. Irrelevant what they wanted open. Maybe instead of trying to circumvent SIPO regulations with extra donations, they would have been better off using the correct channels. Not sure how you think anything McEntee did for her part, is excused because Tayto park wanted to open the Zoo part. Couldn't possibly care less what they wanted to open if I tried.

The lies made on her behalf were called out, the donations had to be pointed out. Attempting to discredit SIPO won't help. She would have been better off acknowledging the mistake and moving on with an apology.

I know, facts are irrelevant on this thread that has already been pointed out today. Strange but sure what can you do.

😕

Stick to the facts and excellent idea, you should try it and stop trying to throw this Gender nonsense into the discussion, it's offensive and has zero to do with the substanive issue or Thread Topic.

I'm already following your guidance in relation to this thread. 👍️

people can make up their own minds as the the truths, facts or otherwise

Now please leave my truths and facts alone.

The facts are all that I have mentioned. If anyone is ignoring them, I suggest you start looking at yourself. I have pointed out numerous relevant facts, you have mentioned one irrelevant story.

• Advertisement

Ah Heyor.

The payments were flagged by her own office and paid back, no favours have been returned.

Nothing gives me greater joy than seeing a smug FG Justice Minister getting the boot.

But as conspiracies go, this is beyond shít.

So what else is at play here?

Is that a Truth or Fact?

Anyway enjoy the echo chamber you're building. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark when the Justice Minister is disputing SIPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

A corrupt minister of justice lol

Only in Ireland.

Ah heyor yourself, spouting nonsense about ignoring facts to others, when none were pointed out, then ignoring plenty of valid facts when it suits you.

It took SIPO to point out the payments, How do you know no favours have been returned? We already know she lobbied to have it opened during the lockdown, as if she were to know better than NPHET etc. Look up the word conspiracy.

Nope.

There was no attempt to hide or not provide information, I’ve been very clear on this all along.”

Ms McEntee said that her office raised the issue with Sipo and provided all documentation that was requested.

My office highlighted this mistake to Sipo and subsequently provided any information that they asked for and subsequently cleared all of the information that we had given them

Again if you have evidence of these favours for cash I'll gladly take a look.

A constituency business looking for clarity from it's elected official is not the "favour" you think it is.

So in your own good time.

Yep.

Justice Minister Helen McEntee failed to tell the Standards in Public Office Commission (Sipo) that three donations totalling €4,200 came from three companies controlled by Tayto Park boss Ray Coyle...

Internal Sipo emails show that commission officials raised concerns over the €4,200 political donation from Tayto Park owner Ray Coyle which were made in three cheques.

Sipo official Brian McKevitt recalled a conversation that he had with another official who told him that the minister’s parliamentary assistant told him that they were payments “from three of Ms McEntee’s uncles”.

Minister McEntee said that apart from the three cheques, she did not receive any further donations from Mr Coyle, despite receiving a €5,000 donation after attending an event where Mr Coyle was also present.

"Again if you have evidence of these favours for cash I'll gladly take a look."

First off... "Again"?? What are you referring to there? and as for "if you have evidence of these favours for cash" - could you point out ANYWHERE without stuffing your words into my posts, where I said there were any favours for cash?

Followed by "I'll gladly take a look." - That's good of you, but sincerely, I doubt anyone gives a toss if you look over anything, you seem incapable of reading posts or articles correctly unless you can somehow make them suit your twisted narrative.

"A constituency business looking for clarity from it's elected official is not the "favour" you think it is."

What favour do I think it is? Please enlighten me.

EDIT -

Actually don't bother, I am not going to to reply anyway. I have seen the way you keep trying to suit yourself rather than reading the facts, avoiding the obvious issues that are serious enough etc.

IMHO, you (and similarly minded people) are as much to blame for the issues we face trying to get the government to own up to their unscrupulous dealings when you keep coming out with reasons to defend the indefencible, instead of pointing to the rule book, knowing they are tearing it up in front of us.

She lobbied to have it open 😂

Hilarious how people make things up.

• Advertisement

Tayto Park, in Ashbourne, Co Meath, subsequently reopened in the weeks before Christmas but was forced to close later in the month when Level 5 restrictions were reimposed.

Meanwhile, in April 2021, Ms McEntee said she was “pushing” to ensure Tayto Park could reopen as “early as possible” as the country reopened for the second time.

Mr Martin said he did not have the specifics of the lobbying by one of his own Cabinet ministers but added: “Generally, within society, a lot of people at different times on Covid-19 were making representations about restrictions and about the guidelines and so on.

Advertisement