Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte - Wembley Stadium - April 23rd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Here's a thought, all!

Waking up Sunday morning to the news that Dillian Whyte is the Lineal HW champion of the world.......

My goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

They finally faced off today and there looks to be no bad feeling between them at all. Nice to see for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Was chatting about this in the gym the other day ,

Who do you lads reckon the quite nice build up suits better, I reckon Tyson i think Whyte needs this fight to be emotional charged and hope Fury makes mistake trying to trade,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Booked the fight there, looking forward to the main event, any of the undercard worth watching? only one i recognise is the celebrity love island fella.

I don't think any that matters. Bell goes and Whyte will try win and Fury will try win........well, that's what's meant to happen

What you say "Should " be the case & sometimes is so i can't disagree,

But fight week can also set the tone for a fight & the mindset for the fighters ,

Some guys need to be in the right mental space hence why some keep away form there wife's and kids fight week they need to be in a destructive frame of mind, Not just to go out and land there shots but to ready for what's coming back ,

Wait till we see AJ next time out i can bet you anything he isn't laughing and joking & laid back on fight week, He'll be mean & aggressive for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Butson

John Fury.

WTF is up with that lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Whyte always comes across as a likeable fella.

One of his grandfathers was from Dublin if I remember correctly from when he fought Joshua. Both had an Irish grandfather

Post edited by Donald Trump on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Povetkin was a tough fuc$er though. Was Whyte not beating him but then got caught?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Pov was going out in the next round had he not caught Whyte with that left. That was some knockout. Another fighter that doesn’t get enough credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Kurt Walker who just missed out on bronze for Ireland in the last Olympics is having his 2nd fight. Not too familiar with many other names on the card, thought such a big domestic bout would have a better undercard than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

John Fury nearly caused a rukus there. Not the brightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

They should of had him taking on challengers from the crowd on the undercard, or maybe pundits

Whyte grand Da is from Cork Patrick Whyte, Its been said in some places it says he emigrated from Dublin which is probably true but he was from Cork emigrated to Jamaica as a late teen

Crazy to think Whyte, AJ & Fury all have very big Irish connections

His grand mother, he said before his Dad Roberts mother was Irish ,

For the record he said she meet his grandfather in England and then went & then they moved to Nigeria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Aul John hasn't been at one of his son's fights since Pianete in 2018 so he was always going to get a bit over excited

You can tell his lives vicariously through Tyson , its not for me or i'd imagine many of us but from the background John comes from you can understand where his mindset & actions come from , Its a completely different culture & outlook on life than the general publics ,

Biggest crock sh1t is our infatuation with trying to tie everyone to Ireland....it's embarrassing!

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone is claiming any kind of ties , to be fair it was both of them who said it in normal interviews,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I think that's overanalyzed nonsense.

If a man who won 41/42 fights by KO couldn't knock Fury out in 3 attempts after putting him on the ground 4 times, there's just no way Whyte can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭squinn2912

At HW any of them can KO the other that’s been proven for years and years. I think it’s likely that Fury can take Whyte’s shots but Wilder didn’t catch him with a haymaker or anything. Good, clean shots. Fury can be knocked down without a sledgehammer type hit. If Whyte got the right shot on him then he could well stop him. Now I don’t expect that to happen but we can’t go much on the basis of what Wilder did or didn’t do

So go analyse the 4 knockdowns. Hardly over-analysing. 4 short moments.

First was a nothing cuff. Doesn’t even warrant analysis

second was a two punch combo that saw Fury on the floor for ten seconds. Some refs wouldn’t have even counted.

third a good short shot that if you watch it shows Fury cleverly absorbing the impact. He was badly wobbled

fourth was nothing remotely special…a shot barely even landed. He was partly pushed over!

so 2/4 knockdowns were absolutely nothing!!!

nothing at all extraordinary about Fury recovering from all shots.

And as to Wilder’s KOs against everyone else. He has hit many men cleaner and heavier than what he hit Fury

so analysis is needed when making a claim that Whyte won’t KO him because Wilder could not.

and Fury has been badly wobbled by lesser shots than what Whyte could potentially deliver.

Yes, odd vibe off this. Smell of an upset!

but if it happens, is it that much of an upset?

if Whyte justifiably wins on points I’d consider it a big upset, but taking Fury out wouldn’t be that big an upset for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Wilder had awful trouble with Fury mentally as well. In the first fight he was totally bamboozled but hung in there and got the knockdowns. When it ended in a draw he had no choice but to have the rematch and when he lost that he had no choice but to have the trilogy. In that way he had to face a guy who had his number and they both knew it. He couldn’t really improve much. I don’t think Whyte is as naive as Wilder was going into the fight. He isn’t at all expected to win so it’s a real free hit for him. I think he’ll come in relaxed enough and if he performs well then he’ll be a handful especially early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭StevenToast

A comfortable nights work for fury.....

I just hope he gets the opportunity to unify the whole division soon....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Your analysis of the big knockdown is nonsense , fury was hit clean with two heavy shots from the heavyweight with the best ko record, if you look at wilder as he spins away he is convinced fury is done for, that tells you they were heavy clean shots, not many know better than wilder what a ko shot is.

anyway aside from a punchers chance Whyte has no chance, fury will wear him down and finish him before 10.

• Advertisement

My analysis of big knockdowns? Read my post again. All I said was the first big one (rd 12 fight 1) had Fury down for ten seconds. Is this incorrect? Who said the shots weren’t clean?

second big knockdown (fight 3 rd 4) saw Fury badly wobbled from a good shot that Fury took the steam out of by tucking his head/chin low.

what are you seeing here? Where is the nonsense? All I did was describe the knockdowns. As usual you see things that aren't there when (for whatever reason) you think Fury needs defending.

you then go on to say that Whyte only has a punchers chance, which is what my post was all about. My explaining that just because Wilder couldn’t KO Fury doesn’t mean Whyte can’t. Hence one needs to analyse. Your jump/take here is odd. Has to be your usual “defend” Fury nonsense, even when there is nobody criticising him.

Advertisement