Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 urbancowboy

Would be grateful if anybody could confirm if there are any known issues roaming? Off to Spain in a few weeks and just don't fancy getting caught with no data or having to try manually configuring. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭deezell

I didn't even have to choose Vodafone. It worked straight up on landing, and seems to treat you like a local Vodafone customer. I even switched on my VPN to my router back home so I could use RTE player and watch the Ireland Wales match (which was geo blocked) with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

Hi, Can you make hotspot on your postmobile sim?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I can anyway.

But I don't use it much like that.

• Advertisement

I've only done it on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

is there anyone here on PostMobile who uses an iPhone and is subscribed to Apple Music?

whenever I stream a few songs over 3/4G my phone always reboots. Logs show it is a kernel panic. I have a case open with Apple but I’m wondering if the same thing happens anyone else?

no problem on Wi-Fi. My phone is iPhone 11 Pro and my wife’s is iPhone XS and we both have the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Ah nice to see it wasn’t just me. My iPhone 12 started rebooting while connected to Bluetooth playing music. Only started happening after changing to Post mobile. Completely reset, restored the phone but it kept happening. Ended up changing back to Eir which resolved the problem.

Oh wow that’s interesting. I wonder what is going on that the combination of mobile network along with streaming music is causing a kernel panic. It was never a problem with Spotify so seems directly related to Apple music.

Actually with iOS 15.4 personal hotspot is working for me once i set the APN to isp.postfone.ie 🎉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I always assumed it was my phone. Nice to know its not

If you have the same issue as me and want to report it to Apple you can say it is the same issue as my Apple case number 101653234339 👍

The more people that report it the better chance they will fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Mobile data doesn't work since I got anpost mobile. Rang em a few times to no avail

What phone? Check your APN settings, make sure you're using the Postmobile one, not Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭billgibney

Anyone any idea how to find out my phone number, i just use the anpost sim for extra data as i have a work plan that gives free calls and 5gb data.

I don't top until i use the first 5gb from the other sim.

I had to reset my oneplus 8t a couple of weeks ago and now I'm trying to get credit on line but i can't recall my number and there's nothing in sim settings.

Any ideas?

Very difficult if you've no call credit to ring/text someone. Suggestions;

1. Drop into the post office with the sim, get them to check the number assigned. Bring id

2. Ring a freephone number, ask the person to tell you the number on their caller id. Try Vodafone one, 1800 805 014

3. Ring 999, and ask the same. You might get grief for this!

While there are USSD codes which return mobile numbers, I can't find one for Postmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭billgibney

Got ot through a free phone number for my insurance broker, once i explained and gave my details, while she couldn't give me the number, she could add it to my contact details.

Then I logged on to my account and there it was!

Haha, result.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NCNewb

Bought a new Redmi Note 10 Pro yesterday and can't get a decent LTE (or any mobile internet strength) signal with it. Maximum I can get is 1.56kb per sec whiich obviously doesn't work. Folllowed as much instruction as I could online and delted existing APN's etc but no joy, I'm guessing the phone is not supported for mobile data? Calls work fine but that's a bit of a major flaw. Icon says 4g+ is trying but it's completely throttled to nothing. These are the instructions and settings I used below. Only bit i can't see where to add is the URL bit which I'm guessing is not necessary? I guess I'll need to switch to tesco mobile or something like that. Annoying!!

Setting Parameters for Generic Phone

Internet GPRSAccount name:PostmobileAccess point name:isp.postfone.ieURL:http://www.google.iePort:9201Proxy port:8080

isp.postfone.ie is the URL. Put that in url field and try again. It goes in the field labelled APN. The field Name can just a Postfone or Postmobile.

• Advertisement

This is the APN on a Samsung S9 Copy to the Redmi settings

Thanks for coming back. 24 hours I've been messing with this, it's now you'd miss the no support bit. Yeah that's what I pretty much had. This is the way it looks. What worries me is that it is allowing the tiniest few kbs through so it's not broken, just not premitted maybe?

Delete all ports, proxy, Bearer, IPv6, set APN type to default, less is better. Check network mode, sounds like it's set to 2G

We've a 10T Pro on Post. I'll check the settings when they are back.

Sound lads, please do. I'm taking information from 2 places on their site which are contradictory. Say the less is more is the way to go but will see what you have there @Flinty997

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Add and select a new APN.

The only values needed are:

NAME Post Mobile (this can be anything)

APN isp.postfone.ie

MCC 272

MNC 01

Proxies and ports should be blank.

Interesting

First test I got 1.5 Mbps retested got 13.8 Mbps now getting 3 again.

On the other phone on Post Mobile we have got like 3 or 4.

Tested a three phone and got 14Mbps.

I wonder is the network having issues

Post edited by Flinty997 on

Using

ISP.Postfone.ie and setting same as above except IPv4 only

• Advertisement

Retested in the garden. On the redmi I got 6 then 24, 13 now 3 again.

On mine a pixel in the garden i got 3, 6 then 9.

Advertisement