Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Answering SOS doesnt work for me, have tried a few times to join randomers and gave up.

Coop works perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Great, they released a 260MB patch that didn't fix the damn issue where I can't upgrade my paraglider... 16 hours in stuck with a level 1 glider.

Word of the wise; if you join someone's game who already acquired the paraglider before you did, back in your own game DO NOT BUY THE BLUEPRINT AND UPGRADE IT BEFORE YOU GOT THE PARAGLIDER YOURSELF!!!

Beyond baffling how Techland didn't catch this easily found bug for such a core feature of the game from simply just playing as normal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got booted out of that game there now for the patch to be installed. 1.09gb on series X

Ummm so kinda got a game ending bug, just completed the stronghold mission and met the colonel. After that I get a lift into the city and I spawn in an area, the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Uhh kinda cant do anything but Alt F4 the game.

Kinda sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just doing the Broadcast mission tonight, it's very buggy. I've had to quit and reload a fair few times due to stuff not triggering. The grappling hook mechanic feels wrong, kinda floaty or something.

Got past the bug and finished it, 51 hours played when I finished the story. Enjoyable game has a few issues but i am sure it will fixed and added to over the next 5 years.

Frank dead, Lawan and Hakon alive, me and Hakon leave the city. Waltz super **** dead lol Think thats a good ending, city still exists.

Missing 3 inhibitors so ended with 123/126 no idea where they are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I can't be bothered with such achievements if they at least don't break it down into areas of what you're missing in that area.

They show up on the map for areas that have a Broadcast tower don't they? That should narrow it down and theres maps out there on different sites. There's no achievement or trophy for that anyway, it's just for getting the ones in the quarantine zones and maxing stamina and health which is broken on Xbox at least.

• Advertisement

The missing ones are in a safe top floor in a Dark Hollow North East of Spruce Windmill, in case anyone else has this problem.

They dont show up on the GRE thing if inside a safe, 987 is the code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

i love this game . it's so much fun . feels like a massive step forward from 1 for me . have all RT to max and getting 70-100 fps on a 3060ti and it's just lovely to look at and play .

Hit the end tonight. It was grand over all but the combat was terrible, I had stuff bound to LT and in my inventory I never used, ever. Only time I used LT was the **** grapple hook. The "skill trees" were awful and oddly complicated and situational and I never used most of what they offered, block for humans but over all just mash rt.

Seems to be a bug were you can't get a gear drop above level 6? I had to buy level 7 and 8 stuff from merchants to complete stuff that scales to your level.

Oh yeah end game loot is bugged, prolly too late but get that gear in the sunken city (leave it **** sunken btw) before you finish the last mission and you can farm the 3 chests daily. I have a few Level 9 katanas and artifact weapons from it that I just use the korek charm on to fix.

I got the good ending but playing with another who is a PK fanatic and will do whatever they ask cant wait to see how it plays out for him.

Overall great game but it has some issues which i guess is the reality of games now, at least with this one you know when something drops in a few months you will jump back in.

I had everything completed that can be done I guess, 2 paraglider challenge missions can **** themselves tbh.

Haven't touched this since Sifu and now Cyberpunk patch and Elden Ring next week. I'm kind of okay with letting DL 2 sit for a while and see what gets patched

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm in the main city for a good few hours now, amd I'm hitting a slight bit of "jasus christ this is massive" fatigue. I'm gonna persevere, because I'm really enjoying it. I'm powerful and nimble enough now that I'm flying about the place, still getting the hang of the glider which is apparently fully upgraded... Guess I need a lot more stamina!

Not that invested in the story. Also appreciate there's no timers, but it breaks the immersion when I spend 6 on game days faffing about in what seems like an immediate threat. Just now, 3 day/night cycles later and I decided to continue a mission. First thing Aiden says; "It's an emergency!"...

I wouldn't mind doing a second playthrough and picking the PKs just to see the difference, but I reckon it could be a couple of years before I do that!

Think I'm nearing the end. I've been blasting through the main missions for the last good few hours, it's a fantastic game to get sidetracked! Just after the part where

the missles strike

and they did the aftermath of it fairly well. Gonna plough through it to the end and trade it in. I won't be doing a second run, but I will definitely give it another go in a year or two. Very impressed with it so far, but it is massive! And I feel like I'm powerful enough right now. I'm level 7, only 2 combat abilities and 4 parkour left to get. Kinda annoyed that there's trophies for max health and max stamina, but you can't max both in 1 play through, it's either or (max of either 20 or 21 if you want them even). Won't ever be a plat game for me!

Techland being Techland did not do the aftermath of that well at all, there are serious bugs as a result of that. Collectibles and side missions tied to locations affected by it get broke!!!. You can save scum for the health and stamina achievements assuming you know there aren't enough points in the game to do both in one run and horde them but then find out they broke the health one with the last patch.

I've moved on to Elden Ring.

Oh i'm just finishing it at this stage, will play the fixed version then in a year or two and pick the other side.

barely played this since horizon and elden ring came out and wasn't sure how far was i in main story . dipped in for 3 or 4 hours tonight and i checked im about 2/3 through main story . the game is really starting click into gear now when your well leveled up , game only really coming into its own now . will defo finish it now and do some side stuff . not ideal playing 3 diff open world games at once but at least iv them split between pc , ps5 & series x.

• Advertisement

Finished the story last night. Not sure if there's multiple endings, but the whole end part seemed rushed. The story is definitely the weakest part of this, but the gameplay is smooth and very enjoyable. You get to go back after end game to finish off side missions and every enemy is then scaled to your level from then on.

I will eventually go back and make different choices, but I'm done for now anyway. Really good game but with a lacklustre story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Downloaded this yesterday, been dying to get it for a while now as I really enjoyed DL1.

How does the co-op work? Do you go off the hosts progression?

No, your own game "story" is completley seperate. You level up and keep gear from another players game thats it.

I had no issues with it and my coop buddies we all made different choices and got drastically different outcomes.

Iv been playing this since release on and off because of the crazy Feb and march of games . I played the first one last year and it was probably a 10/10 for me i loved it. I'm afraid 2 is only maybe a 7.5 for me . I heard some people give out about story in first one but i loved it . 2 was so so bad . comical at times . i really didn't care what happened to anyone when i had choices save or kill people . Gameplay great but i have to say i missed guns . As for the final boss fight ..... fair annoying and stupid . Missions weren't anything special either . Very disappointed over all.

I haven't played it since Sifu and Elden Ring came out. Nearly finished ER bit I'm more looking forward to going back to Cyberpunk than dying light. Initial impressions on it, definitely enjoyed the first one more, 2nd is just missing something, not sure what.

ya i think exact same thing !! it's missing something and i can't quite put my finger on what ! defo think this game was effected by covid a lot of it feels " it will have to do " . mission design so poor . i duno how many missions you would have turn on power and after you would turn it on it would go off again . happened 3 times in one mission 🤣it was poor mission design and needles filler it was like they didn't have imagination for mission design .

Saying all that the latter part game when you unlock all parkour skill points & get all the equipment the parkour is class . id love see what it was like if i had picked the other faction .

Went back to this this evening and got bored after 15 minutes, such a disappointment. I felt like i wished i was playing the first game which is not what you want when playing a sequel. Gonna trade it and get it again down the line once more is added/goes cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just reached the bit where you get the parachute thing,

Its really not grabbing me the plot seems so silly and its hard to stay engaged with it , the parkour is great but the combat is dull.

Shall I stick it out does it get better?

• Advertisement

I gave up on it shortly after the glider, had the same issues as you. I even put in DL1 after it to see the difference and i immediately had more fun playing that, bit sure what went so wrong with this one in comparison. Boring story, annoying npc's and weirdly worse combat didn't help.

Advertisement