Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light 2

Options

Comments

Yeah I found even the spidey senses don't work at times and take 3 or 4 presses of R3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Had a go on coop for about 45 minutes with a mate. Only problem was the sound was completely messed up, had to voicechat via whattsapp.

Back to solo after, and as Zero said above, definitely has the 'just one more quest' feeling nailed down, always a good sign. Delighted with this so far, starting to open up some of the cooler parkour moves now too

The collectables are going to be a right pain to complete in this I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is it just me or are weapons a lot harder to find then in the first game?

I thought so but then I noticed while passing a military container for umpteenth time that loot restocks after time (not sure how long) so I know where I can get a regular supply of Artifact hammers and prices in shops aren't too bad for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Well the PC controls issue was worse than I first thought. Besides no mouse keys being re-bindable you can kinda get around this by mapping keys to them if your mouse software allows but there are certain times when instead of using your remapped button/key internally it expects the original, which you aren't using anymore so you're kinda fkd. This kind of issue happens a lot on controller first games and it's so bloody annoying, it's sloppy code and QA, where a variable should be used instead of a hardcoded key to allow for remapping that var yet they hardcode them for some events or combos. But over and over again the same chimps make the same mistakes and then seemingly breed it into their peers and next generation. So basically if you play with a controller or are ok with the default keys you're apparently fine, otherwise right now it's borderline unplayable on PC if you need to reconfigure for any reason. The only reason I'm holding off on a refund is how much I loved DL1 tbh, which I actually went back and start playing when this turned out to be such a cluster-fk. I was in the mood for some parkour zombie mashing over the weekend so back to the oldie I went.

I just picked up a tape in a mission area that becomes inaccessible after wards, thats some kind of BS. You can actually screw yourself out of one of the collectible achievements in the prologue if you miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Twitter thread here with details on the new hotfixes released for each Platform.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Solid hours put into this since Saturday, and I'm enjoying it a lot. No major issues, but there are still a few bugs. Lately, every conversation I have, Aiden looks off to the right a out 90 degrees after 30 seconds and I can't get him back. And for 3 characters who have died in my arms so far, they were all sotting/lying, and when Aiden goes to lay them down, they stand up and Aiden closes the eyes of an invisible person. Until the cuts cutscene is over, then they flop to the ground dead.

Had an issue with one of the night boss type monsters, he jumped into the ground and didn't come back out.

Upgrading is slow, and parkour is levelling up quicker, I'm 4 on combat and 6 on parkour. And I take it those crate and night shop markers never "complete"? Think I've spent way too long in those places trying to complete them. Still on the first area. It's a big game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not sure how far you are into the game I am on the 2nd or 3rd story mission in the new area and uhh level 10 on health and 12 on Stamina :( All but 3 Parkour to unlock and about 8 Combat.

The crates only "complete" if you get the 3 items listed, it doesnt go away it just has no items under the possible to be found list.

Addicted to Inhibitors and side missions, think we have 75/126 or there abouts and still have points to spend.

The parkour races at night give a lot of XP.

My best weapon does 176 damage and sets them on fire and electrocutes them.

Does the gear sets actually work or are the numbers window dressing? I know COOP is getting classes with specific perks later in the year but are the those numbers working in game? I have an alleged plus 40% stamina regen with a medic outfit but I dont, there is no difference that I can see between it and any other gear set with stamina regen.

FYI later in the game the gear sets start to look different.

GOTY for the dropkick alone 😁

On the inhibitors, if my math was correct there aren't enough to max both health and stamina. It takes 81 I believe to max one side or the other.

Whats the max level on them? Games says there are 126 in total.

27 I believe just going on what I've seen mentioned in relation to the achievements/trophy for maxing them out requiring 81 inhibitors each. Seems quite an arbitrary number.

The follow up to the Sparker quest was funny.

Got onto the second area and it's really picking up pace. Still lacking lots of skills, haven't been actively looking for inhibitors, but getting a lot more comfortable with traversal. My biggest issue at the moment is that both factions are assholes and i don't want to help either. It's interesting in a way as it makes it tougher to decide who to help but would have been better if you actually liked both groups and torn between allegiance. Right now, i wish crane could make his own faction.

Not sure if i should push on with the story or go back to the old location to collect upgrades and the like.

Which one did you go with? I went with the settlers, begrudgingly because the traversal options seemed more helpful at the time.

Yeah, begrudgingly going with the settlers for the traversal. Had plans to go with the PK's but after hearing what they were gonna do to some prisoners, was enough to write them off. My brief encounter with them in central loop seems different though so will see how it plays out but at the moment, they can both get fucked. I wonder is this part of the reason reviewers didn't like the story. In contrast, DL 1 didn't have the best story but it did have characters i wanted to help.

You miss out on a certain weapon if you dont go PK, I realised that as i gave the surivors the final building :(

I went through the rewards alright on the screen when you have to assign a location and that weapon, if it's the same one you're talking about, unlocks about half way through the PK unlocks and yeah it's my one temptation to give em stuff.

• Advertisement

I had it in my mind you could get a basic version by crafting one with military tech? On those are they supposed to keep giving out tech after you've claimed them the first time? I went back to the two I found so far and got more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

this game is a dream to play on pc . seems be more stable since update last night . took two days of messing with settings but now it looks class on my 3060ti ! first time iv picked buying a triple A game on pc over ps5 or series x and it's worth the learning pains of keyboard & settings .

I'm close to getting to the new area. I've been taking my time, but like above I really don't want to help neither side. And I feel the game is doing its best to make me hate both sides. I apparently went with the settlers, but I was expecting a more clear option when that came up. I don't remember at what point I headed this route, and I'm still expecting the PKs to make a counter offer. First time I knew I took sides was a side quest helping a PK officer and he said we're on different sides.

Also, if you're still in the Bazaar and don't want to feel like a dick, when you get the "music box' mission, don't go to a vendor until after you've returned to the mission giver. The mission completed when you pick it up, but you still need to go back and return it. You can't buyback sold loot once you leave the sale interaction. I felt like a dick.

Skills are flying up now. Combat catching up with parkour, but I think it's because I'm head to toe in brawler gear giving me bonus combat xp.

My coop buddy is playing exclusively PK and when I join his game, it feels like a different game. There some massive differences and i mean massive between his 1st area and mine. Dont want to reveal any spoilers but i will deffo be playing a 2nd play through, I dont care for story but those differences are startling and are true to the "choices you make will define the world".

Cant wait to see his 2nd area!

Got something tonight that gives me +500 durability on weapons !!!!

I'm guessing by the number of upgrades each faction has, once you've decided you should probably stick with that side? There's 7 areas to take over, and 7 upgrades available for each faction. Unless you can change them at some point?

I did the second one last night and still had a choice. I think I've seen it mentioned only the first choice affects the story.

I had a choice on all of them and still made a stupid assed decision 7 times.

really wanted that weapon :(

Just saw elsewhere that locked doors can be opened with Bash, that has to be intentional and if so thats genius 🤣

• Advertisement

Something interesting happened to me tonight. I was answering distress calls. Currently only had 2 assigned but had the achievement for assigning all 7 to the same faction pop. On digging around it's a co-op bug where your assigned factions get added to your co-op partners. So I have all 7 perks with only 2 assigned in my game. Now I'm wondering if I do another power plant will I be able to assign to the other side.

EDIT: Reloading takes then away :(

Advertisement