Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

that Armagh girl will surely say No , Either that or shes one of those women who are completely unaware of how gorgeous they are

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

The Armagh girl is attractive.

That's a surprise for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Fair play to Cavan man,she’s gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Another yes thought that would be a no from the girl

• Advertisement

As the Saw Doctors say:

'there's no accounting for loving, cos we're such a strange creation, you could fall for your own second cousin, or a far distant foreign relation'.🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

another yes

Well done Aidan, 67 pulling a fine 55.

Say you're a hard-core city supporter & you go to a derby game & United are 6nil up at half time....you grab a United jersey & start screaming ' c'mon united'.... for the 2nd half... something like that I guess???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The 20% guy is very active on twitter tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Old James was absolutely insufferable, the way he marched off the escalator at the end!! I suspect the fact she was a GP and he was a healthcare assistant irked him. (Absolutely nothing wrong with a healthcare assistant, it's a job I definitely couldn't do) but I'd say he wouldn't like his women in a station above him, if that makes sense.

Not sure she offered up much herself, but with a different date I'd say you'd see a different side to her.

Don't think Aidan is fully over his wife but I'm delighted they went on a second date they made a lovely couple.

The other two couples seemed nice and normal, glad it worked out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

And for just €95. (Just looking at the receipt on pause. 😄 😉 )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I only caught up late last night.

That James lad I found insufferable. He obviously did not click with his date but he pretty much ran her down every chance he could. She said she hoped to be still buzzing around at 88 and he told her she had better start taking some sort of exercise then!! I didn't particularly warm to her but with a different date she might turn out to be a completely different person. The way he spoke to her and the way he walked off after made me think he wouldn't be a particularly nice partner anyway so fair play to her for not just turning him down but also speaking her mind.

The three other couples were lovely. They came across as honest and open people who chatted easily with each other. Caoimhe called John a breath of fresh air and to be honest I found this episode to be that. The three couples talked openly about their lives and subjects that were not always easy. I was delighted they all said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭furiousox

Not enjoying the episodes as much as we used to.

It's getting a bit x-factor now where everyone seems to have a sad story to tell.

I wonder is it a deliberate move by the production team?

The novelty and charm of the first few seasons is gone.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoyed that episode. Delighted for Caoimhe and John. They seem like a lovely couple and I hope it works out for them. She got a good kind man and him a very beautiful Woman she is no Supermodel she is far nicer than a Supermodel. She has beautiful curves and arms and is beautiful all over. No bones or ribs sticking out anywhere.

That old fellow with the GP was boring alright but she was nice and looked great for 55.

Chris and Aine seemed both nice but I do not envy him being 6foot6 do. It looks like they continued on anyway good for them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I must be alone in thinking the GP was a bit of a mare. I suspect she was on mainly to shill her business and improve her profile. The gurning faces she pulled were enough to put anyone off alone.

Yes her date was a tone-deaf, and likely half-deaf from all that time in the army too! A complete mismatch on both sides.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Agreed, I thought the GP was a bit of a dose. Thought she sounded quite self-satisfied at times too! But maybe I picked her up wrong.

agree too, I didn't warm to her ! Both of them seemed to be sussing each other out, a lot left unsaid. They were a mismatch... end of.

I found last night's episode completely forgettable! It was bland. Nice people on it but the chat was seriously dull..... "nice" doesn't cut it on a show like First Dates....... its far more interesting when there is a good sharp personality, banter and laughter (as opposed to nervous giggling). One of the most boring episodes in the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Caoimhe is beautiful, probably my favorite chick from the whole series. Babe if ur free even 20% of the time give me a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

She doesn't need to shill her business, she's got a huge waiting list and has a great reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭tintin67

I have just watched this for the first time ever. The giant 'for sure' SoCoDu goy seemed perfectly acceptable as did the chick until she opened her gob and revealed herself as another LikeLikeLike girl. Every second word is like like like. I'm in my 50s now and me and me pal have some sort of Paddy Power thing going on in bets in the office about the number of words a new girl can manage to communicate before she says 'like'. It's currently running at 5/6 on 5.5 words under/over. We also do a 'like' counter with the girls in the canteen to see if we can get up to a rate of 200 'likes' per 10 minutes from the grabbing a coffee station. The record is 227 'likes' if you must know.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

No idea wtf you're talking about and I don't even care. And if you're really in your 50's and refer to women as 'chicks', well that's pretty grim to be honest.

I'm in my 50's now but partake in a juvenile game of counting how many times somebody uses a word in our workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

And I even take not of the number of times I use the word chick in a conversation as it makes me come across as all cool and mod groovy and and funky, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,425 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What was her point about “ not being told what to do “? Did he say the wrong thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

He told her a number of things to do to change herself.

• Advertisement

He even said he hoped the experience of the date would encourage her to change. He definitely thinks a lot of himself. I didn't like the way he said cruises were for old people when she said she liked them. Could he not just say they weren't his scene.

Advertisement