Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Gmail also decided it was spam for me. The only thing that would make me think it may be legit is that it isn't really asking me to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Yeah that's true. I wish there was some simple way of knowing though. Want to add it to my safe senders list if it's legit, just in case I miss something important.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Myprotein PayDay sale - allegedly 60% off - a 5kg bag of Impact Whey is €115 even after discount applied.

In December I paid €58.

Is this the new normal with Myprotein?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

No way €115 for 5kg Impact Whey is the new normal. There does seem to be a moderate increase so I don't expect it to dip below €70 very often for the next while but I'll not be paying more than €80 for my usual order of 5kg impact whey.

It never dropped from the last time I posted. This appears to be the new normal. I ended up going the Total Blend route, but at these prices the Irish options are back in the game (at least for the moment) for whey.

• Advertisement

Not yet - picked up some Whey from Discount Supplements on offer, which pretty much price matched the current myprotein prices. Doesn't mix as well as Impact but tastes as good (Vanilla). Mixed with yogurt or blitzed in a smoothie in our house though, rather than shaker.

Yep, although normally just go their greek style tubs, as it's a good bit cheaper!

I'm skeptical on these Protein blends. I'm not seeing what percentage of different proteins they have included in the blend. It could be 99% of one and trace amounts of the other 6 proteins.

Blend contains- whey protein concentrate, whey isolate, hydrolysed whey, milk protein, micellar casein, calcium caseinate, and free range egg white powder

The Skyr protein tubs have higher protein % when compared to any low fat/natural yogurt. The skyr has 12g protein, 4g sugar, and 61cals per 100g vs. ~5g protein, 6g sugar, for low fat/ natural yogurts.

I'm aware, just normally don't need the extra protein from the yogurt to hit my goal. We were buying it, and then it disappeared for a few months, and then it wasn't available on click and collect (when we started doing that in the meantime), so it just kinda slipped off the shopping list when you can just go "repeat order"! Cost of whey definitely changes the equation even more towards whole foods rather than supplementation though, so I'll probably revisit.

Regarding the Total Blend, ultimately, does the make up matter? Genuine question, as it all looks milk protein + egg white, and if it's overall protein in take that matters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

So folks. Where is the cheapest place to buy protein online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Doesn't matter a sh1te unless your 6 weeks out from Mr.Olympia.

80% protein and less calories than the impact, cheaper at times too, no brainer for me. Chocolate smooth is good.

Have 5kg of strawberry I must try next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Jesus haven't looked at prices in a while. €33 for a kilo of whey with their discount code? Last orders I was paying €15/kg. And as usual, their clear whey is excluded.

It seems to be only the protein, as other stuff I get from them don't seem as affected. I do wonder is it something Brexit related, as Bulk are the same. Where as, so far at least, Irish suppliers don't seem to be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are you referring to My Proteins stock? Do you think it's overpriced compared to its competitors?

My response was in reply to the post above yours.

I don't view competitors, when MP have certain discounts on that match my criteria I stock up, I usually have at least 6 months of whey in surplus so I'm never stuck and need to buy at their silly prices.

I have about 18kg of unopened whey that will last me until maybe October, if an offer comes up that equates to €12 per kg or less in the mean time I will most likely make a purchase, if not I'll happily sit out the next 6 months and buy on my terms.

The ones that come on here moaning about price are the ones that get down to the last few scoops of their stash, panic and think if their not consuming shakes, they'll lose their gains and struggle to curl an olympic bar in the squat rack anymore.

Well apart from the complete nonsense about who may or may not be moaning... I'd generally have a good stash, rather than waiting for "the last few scoops", and normally would order with several kg left. I've been keeping an eye on the price all year waiting to pull the trigger. It simply hasn't got down to those prices from what I've seen since Black Friday (for my usual Impact Whey order anyway).

It simply has.

At least 2 occasions this year so far I have gotten impact whey for €12kg delivered or cheaper, got the blend for about a €10 per kg as have others so what you are saying is false and incorrect. You only have to look back on the previous page to see the evidence of those offers.

Fair enough, I could've missed some of the deals. However, I would contend that it hasn't been down as regularly as it was in previous years. I'm buying off them since 2014.

The unfortunate thing is there is no way of knowing when these deals occur. They can be very random, as such I'd suggest checking on the website daily, I don't sign up to their email campaign, I heard you can get 2-3 emails per day off them. Check daily and it's luck of the draw, when one of their better discounts comes up then go to town on it and stock up because you just never know what way prices will go now with inflation and all the other knock on effects that effect cost.

• Advertisement

Some excellent offers from February.

That Impact Whey for less than €8kg was an absolute steal, I've never seen prices as low.

I hadn't looked at Total Blend until this order. tbh I hadn't needed to move from the default 5kg of Vanilla Impact Whey, which I've never had an issue getting €60 - €65 until this restock.

I accept it could be missing deals, but I didn't have an issue getting them before, so perhaps they're just live for shorter period of time.

Couple of flavours there of the 2.5kg bags, works out at €12.80kg

78% protein.

I haven't tried this product from Bulk, but it gets good reviews and if I was looking for value for money, this is what I'd be buying.

Probably the best deal I've seen this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭golfpaul

Any sign of a price drop to the €60 mark for the 5kg whey? Ridiculous increase since February and not many deals since.

Is it a generic code?

Code is not valid or expired. I’ll try adding to basket and see if they send me one.

There is currently 55% off strawberry/chocolate mint 2.5kg - works out at €32.39 after discount. Pretty good offer.

https://www.bulk.com/ie/complete-protein-blend.html#nutrition

Have you received this yet?

I got the choc mint and choc PB

Choc mint tastes nice but BB date is August so I'll use that up first.

Didn't think the choc PB was great, that's dated march next year, I'll probably mix a scoop of vanilla with it and alternate with flavour drops too.

Still less than €13kg for a quality 78% protein is an excellent deal.

Some good payday deals.

• Advertisement

Advertisement