Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'll see does it come up again in a few mins if I went to reorder.

Not sure how I was able to get both codes working. I only entered in true geordie, think the other discount applied automatically.

I think I'd some products in the basket for a few days and a code was applied automatically. Then I was able to apply the true geordie code.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

why in the name of zeus' butthole do companies still deal with fastway?

3 weeks ago I placed my order, with MP, lovely, tracking away on the fedex website, you can see it being picked up, transferred, leaves country,

then, it gets to the bermuda triangle that is fastway, and no sign of it.

Back to MP to see WTF is up, and they want me to download a missing order form, which ironically is also missing as the link is dead.

scaldy email delivered and a new one is on its way, almost a month later.

I'd chalk it down to bad luck, but the only couriers I've ever had an issue with are fastway.

I use the nutribullet with all shakes so no mixability issues.

I mixed a scoop of vanilla with the choc PB flavour and it's nicer.

I can only see prices continue to rise so if there's any further sales, I'd be advising everyone to stock up.

• Advertisement

5 seconds is enough, couldn't be dealing with those bloody shakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

To be honest my diet has improved due to these ridiculous protein prices lately!

My local butcher is much more appealing now! Blessing in disguise for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pulled the trigger yesterday on bulk for their Blend at €71ish, when they had spend 45 to get 45% off. About the same as my last myprotein order, but their 45% off wasn't coming down that low for me. First time ordering from bulk in long time, I think the first since full brexit, so interested in the delivery compared to myprotein.

What flavour did you get?

Few of us bought that recently.

• Advertisement

Strawberry, but missed it on that deal (wasn't gone on the thoughts of the mint one). They had no vanilla in 5kg though. I hadn't brought the blends before - have they increased in price like whey too, or is that still coming?

The choc mint isn't bad, it's nicer than the choc peanut butter. I got both in an offer recently.

No idea why they ended up a little cheaper than say regular whey concentrate. Next to no difference taste/quality wise when you compare the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jordan181

Any offers going at the moment? I'm on my last KG and can't seem to find protein under €20/kg 😐️

God forbid anything goes wrong with an order. MP are a joke to contact and get a situation resolved.

Ordered from them and the package was split into two parts, received the first no problem, waited 8 working days further for second package, tracked it and could see the courier had an issue "attempting delivery", funny that as I work from home. Went onto the courier's site, couldn't get in contact with someone, so i logged it with MP instead and received an acknowledgement email days later to say they are looking into it, can see now the package is returned to them.

Still no word from MP, all this automation where you can't speak to a person leads to awful customer service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I ordered from The Protein Works last Tuesday and it was delivered by DHL yesterday morning.

1.2kg of dark choc raspberry and 1.2kg of choc digestive ... 63 euros delivered.

I know this isn't as competitive as some of the prices mentioned elsewhere but TBH I'm not that price focused. I've used Bulk and MyProtein in the past and The Protein Works has always seemed to me to be a slightly better quality product, better mixing, better flavours. This is their "360", more premium category of protein.

52% with "Beast" on myprotein, for a bit extra off "impact week".

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Yep, 5kg regular impact whey choco smooth for €72.56. I'll take that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Is €76.82 as good as you'll get for 5kg of protein these days?

With the way prices are trending, I'd say so. Its a good price, doubtful we'll see <€12kg delivered again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just hit the go button on 5kg at 75.11 used the IMPACT discount code on MyProtein (still more exp than my last BF purchase).

Anyone tried the cereal milk impact whey before?

Curious to try some different flavours other than the standard few.

It's a real lottery alright.

I find the sweeter the flavour, the easier it is to get sick of.

That choc peanut from Bulk, the blend is a tough one to get through, definitely wouldn't be ordering that flavour from anyone again. Maybe I should add caramel drops and it may taste like a snickers then.

Haha, you'll need to get creative to finish that off, flavour drops could be handy for the last few kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Has anyone managed to find protein powder that isn't super sweet? I find all the myprotein ones way too sickly sweet. I get their unflavoured one but looking for more options.

I normally mix with water or unsweetened almond milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I just want to share my discovery that unflavoured whey + Miwadi orange tastes like a supersplit. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You can always mix. Sometimes I get 5KG unflavoured a 1KG of a flavour and mix a little of the flavoured one in. Agree that the flavoured ones are normally sickeningly sweet.

I actually liked the Salted Caramel, but I'm the only one in the house. MyProtein used to do boxes of samples/ individual packs, but I haven't seen them in a while. They were handy for travel (being sealed rather than carrying bags of random powder!), and trying different flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Has the 5kg jumped to 194 EUR ?? Fook sake.

• Advertisement

It's pretty sweet, and exactly like milk tastes at the end of a bowl of a sugary cereal.

Advertisement