Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's In Your Hand Today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Very nice, happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , only picked it up this evening . Threw a quick MTL build into the RBA section and the flavour seems good and it's wicking fine .

I was just googling there to see if I could get a Qbix without having to chance the UK . Elite vapour might be able to order one in for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks great. I was tempted by it myself but couldn't get past it being a 2x700 device, seems to defeat the purpose of billet box type devices being compact and geared mostly towards mtl/rdl. I ordered the Cthulhu AIO, should arrive in early Jan. That'll probably get me buying every kind of aio device going 😅

I was and still am interested in the Cthulhu mod but trying to order it from anywhere was just a hassle I couldn't be bothered with, this thing, I strolled into a shop in town and picked it up .

It's both smaller than I thought and yet bigger in the hand than it looks , I know thats an odd description but it is what it is . I'd still imagine it's a tidy size for a 21700 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

• Advertisement

Another lad I know got a local shop to order one in for him and he asked them to get a second one for me . It was through the Alvini Vape stores , not sure if you have one of them near you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

None near me, must drop an email or something, thought would have seen it around a bit more, hardware in Irish shops seems to have stopped being refreshed about 2 years ago!

Indeed, and the stream from UK shops has dried up due to custom concerns . We are left with no choice buy to look to the likes of France to feed our need .

Cthulhu AIO arrived today. Ordered directly from Cthulhu in mid December. Built with the RBA it comes with and the 1.2 insert. Drip tip from the Cthulhu Artemis which goes perfect with it imo. Not a fan of the stubby little drip tip it comes with. Have Pioneer Insider arriving soon so hopefully that is a step up. The form factor is really nice, smaller than I expected and feels great in the hand. Actually makes me think the Pulse AIO would be manageable size wise so might order that too

• Advertisement

No customs charges which I was expecting I might have to pay. The likes of fasttech and 3fvape now have options to prepay customs tax which has worked fine on several orders I made in the last few months but Cthulhu didn't have any option like that.

The Cthulhu package had the usual customs declaration that it was a gift of $4 worth. Interestingly there was also a yellow sticker on it that said "Goods not fulfilling the conditions laid down in Articles 28 and 29 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union", I'm guessing that might have been applied somewhere on it's transit through Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulDr

Hi, new here. This is going to be off-topic and I apologise for that, but it seems like the most active thread so I hope people don't mind me asking a single question. Been vaping for about 7 years now and I am feeling extremely dumb right now. I had no idea sites like lepetitvapoteur existed. I have been buying all my hardware in Ireland. Now, in fairness, I'm in no way as hardcore into the scene as a lot of you guys and gals, but I do mix my own e-liquid. I gave an RBA a few go's, but I could just tell, that irrespective of how much I would save, it could potentially be a very frustrating and fruitless project to embark upon. Plus I already have a bunch of hobbies that I enjoy and lately, I've just been vaping a heck of a lot less, plus, I have five tanks on the go (3 DTL, 2 MTL) so it takes me ages to go through any of my coils.

I used to visit a Discord channel for whatever the main vaping sub is on reddit, but it was full of Yanks, who basically looked down on any chipset that wasn't a DNA one, particularly the DNA 250C, which was their flagship product at the time. Every other tank or chipset I mentioned they casually dismissed as being fine if you were happy with a 'buck'n'boost' device. I looked into it and found a model and discovered that it came with a 32 page manual and regardless of the fact that I couldn't ever justify paying that much for a kit, I really don't need any close to that degree of functionality in my mod. I used to mess around with temperature control curves, but I after endlessly fiddling with it (it was on a notoriously bad for TC I've been told, the Revenger X) I just switched backed to vanilla VW. I've seen lots of photos of tanks, mods, and kits in this thread, that I heard frequently mentioned in the hardware discussions on discord, like the Kayfun and others that I've already forgotten. I just assumed they were US devices, and I was happy enough with my the brands available here.

Probably just as well, there would have been a time when I would be buying whatever was cool and exclusive. If it's your main hobby, and I know it's a lot of people's, go for it. I believe there was a UK site where you could buy parts to build your own mod, although I met a guy who did that about 6 years ago, so I guess it's nothing new.

Anyway, fascinating and great to find this community hiding out in the open. Hope you're a friendly bunch...

Oh, I almost forgot, my question...Ok, so I thought I was correct in thinking legally speaking, that vaping device of any kind had to have a maximum capacity of 2ml in order to be EU TPD Compliant. But not a single one of my tanks, 5 of the six bought from Irish vendors, are that small. . The oldest of them, a Uwell Nunchacku, got around that by inserting a removable 'rubber heat protection' piece increasing it's capacity from 2 to maybe 4 or 4.5ml? But all the others were bought online and didn't require any kinds of modifications, three of them from one vendor and the the others from different vendors. All based in Ireland. And when searching for the best prices for these various tanks, I the 4ml and 4.5ml versions appearing on the first page of a google search.

So is it just one of these regulations that's in technically in place, but not enforced (because it's pointless), or if I I tried to sell, say a 5ml tank on Adverts, would it get taken down? Or could I advertise it without mentioning it's capacity, and only letting someone know if they made an offer and then asked?

I don't wanna get banned from adverts, so I figured this was probably the best place to ask. Thank you for your patience and I apologise for asking a question that might contravene a house rule or just an unspoken one. If that's the case I won't post here again.

First off, you won't get banned from Adverts .

Secondly, most of the companies get/got around the TPD 2ml by either putting a rubber bung in the tank ( which could easily be removed ) or also including a bubble tank in the kit to up the capacity .

Pre Brexit I bought most of my gear from the UK , post Brexit...... I'm still trying to work it out but have used Lepetitevapoteur a few weeks back without issue and also used Nomnomz in the north for e-liquid .

Lastly, while very friendly, this poor community on Boards was getting quieter until the " Great Boards Upgrade " did it's best to hammer the last nail home .

There's also a 'For Sale' thread here that you can use to offload some kit. I've used it myself once.... maybe twice,not that I often let stuff go :)

Thank you for both of your replies.

Sorry to hear that the upgrade hit the user-base here so hard. I'm guessing it had more than a couple of 'teething' problems. Still, I'm glad I found this thread and some degree of activity.

With regards to buying flavours I used to use Chefs in the UK, then I switched to Nom-Nomz. Nom-Nomz has a fantastic selection, no doubt, but with a minimum order of £100 to qualify for free-delivery and the recent strength of Sterling, it's nowhere near as appealing as Chefs was when you only want a couple of flavours or some new PG or VG. Lepetitevapoteur seems like the perfect compromise and I'm really grateful to this thread for having alerted me to it.

Thanks, I tried this thread a couple of years ago, but never got any feedback. I'll probably end up selling on Ebay, or just holding on to it.

Any how, appreciate the replies!

If you're after some flavours try this site https://diyeliquidireland.com/my-account/

Stock Brews Bros, Flavour Boss,Drip Hacks etc. Great service and based in Cork.

The Vandy Vape Pulse AIO arrived yesterday. Nice piece of kit with everything included to get you up and running. Installed the included Ni80 coil in the deck and it's performing well. Nice saturated flavoursome vape.

A little bulkier in the hand than the Cthulhu due to it accommodating a 21700 but still comfortable.

Included drip tip wouldn't fit but I had spares,my only major concern is that the gasket between the deck and tank gives a very loose fit,not really a problem when everything is secured in place but could be an issue if removing tank from device especially if there's still juice in the tank.

Overall though a good value for money kit.

[quote]Included drip tip wouldn't fit[/quote] I see quote doesn't work anymore :(

Did you try a mallet ? , I didn't like it anyway, too short .

Other than that I agree with all of the above .

Hopefully the Qbix lands today and I can get on to MTL vaping with it .

Just trying out a kanthal 0.9 coil in it at the moment for a mtl, it's got good flavour but too much air coming in even with the afc almost closed. It's definitely not a mtl deck for me anyway.

The qbix has a 0.8 insert which should give a proper mtl,also arriving here today or tomorrow hopefully.

• Advertisement

Pulse AIO and qbix arrived from Elite Vapor. Great service from them, thanks for the recommendation @jonski

The Pulse is a bit on the bulky side compared to the Cthulhu but that was to be expected. I'm going away this weekend so 2 x 21700 batteries and a few boros should keep going the whole time. The qbix is great for flavour so far with the 1.2mm insert and spaced ni80 coil. Wicking is a bit odd but I watched a few videos and did it the same way, fingers crossed it doesn't leak everywhere after a while.

Haha , I was just coming to post about the Qbix as well .

Yeah , it seems really good . I'm using the 1.2mm pin too and it's spot on for mtl draw for me . SS316L spaced 2.5 id coil and it is able to put out the right flavour on one of my hardest juices to get right . I have the Dotshell so getting the coil and wick right was easy as it is the exact same style .

If I can get my hands on a Cthulhu I'd definitely go with another Qbix . Aspire really hit it out of the park last year with their Neeko, Kumo and Qbix .

Molen bridge and mk mods clear doors for the Cthulhu AIO arrived today. The bridge seems great so far and easy to build, preinstalled 1.2mm airflow pin is a tiny bit tighter than I'd like but next option up is 2.0mm so I'll have to stick with it. I'd given up on the bridge that came with the Cthulhu AIO as it kept leaking from the back and through the airflow no matter what I tried. The mk mods doors seem decent, a little bit of play in them but for the price not too bad.

If you contact Vandy Vape they will send you on the new seal for the bottom of the Vessel tank that is supposed to cure the problem, I have one coming in the next few days .

No I meant the Cthulhu AIO stock tank/bridge, it's a piece of crap. I only used the vessel once to try it out but far too airy for mtl.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

This is fascinating I didn’t know a hobby revolves around this. Might try myself as I didn’t realise there was such choice

Haven't had much new hardware lately but this peeked my interest.

Lost Vape Thelema Solo and sitting on top is the Fat Rabbit Solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I was eyeing that one up recently, was looking at a few solo 21700 mods, really wanted the Kroma 217 but can't seem to find it here mod only. Have spotted the kit for Kroma kit for €70 before postage - But I have enough tanks. Not paying almost €80 for s single batt mod!

It's a great mod,very user friendly board. Bit tall but a super performer. I got it off lepetitvapoteur with a 20% discount they sent in a newsletter,worked out about 40 yoyos.

They have the 21700 Kroma on it's own as well if you want to check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Cheers for that! Never heard of this site, what are they like for delivery? I see they have a free delivery option, I don't mind anything up to a week. I'm guessing they run out of France?

Also .. everytime I check a new site out I start looking at more stuffs lol, spotting some pod systems I wouldn't mind trying

Advertisement