Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Apprentice 2022

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Always gets me how they haven’t a clue about a brand name or what their logo/branding may look like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Xander10

Why does the pharmacist were a pilot's jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Catherine will do well in Dublin with all the huns who wear their parjarmars to the shops.

My cat is very annoyed and says he wants Harpreet to win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've never cared less who won an apprentice final. Nice enough ladies but very ordinary businesses really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Harpreet the obvious choice and deserving winner.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Brittany has a primary school teacher vibe

I presume Sugar gets paid more than the €250k he gives away?

Really poor line up this year and nothing original on offer.

I did a quick calculation and based on his current net worth he could give away 250k a week and wouldnt run out of money for 92 years - I doubt he is losing money though I doubt he really cares about that side of it, probably in it for profile/publicity reasons, he's getting something out of it for sure

Let's face it, if he wanted to set up a cake shop or a pyjama website he could do it much better than any of these contestants using all the experts he gets to judge the tasks - so I dont think he is in it to unearth some unicorn business idea either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think I read that he donates his show fee to Great Ormand St.

The final is usually the first episode of the season. This year was no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The final is usually the first episode of the season. This year was no different.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Still Ill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I turned over to the World Cup qualifier playoffs half way through tonight’s show, I just didn’t care which one of them won in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Two massively underwhelming finalists.

The fact that Harpreet got to the final despite her venture being 50:50 owned with someone else would never have happened before and just shows how shallow the pool was.

Katherine hadn't a hope with her online pyjama business. She was drowning since the beginning but as soon as she mentioned the 250k partially going to influencers she was dead in the water.

As another poster said, I had utterly no interest in either candidate winning. Awful episode.

On another note, Nick really thinks he's the second coming of christ. 😂

Claude was badly missed from the weekly shows. I thought the new guy brought nothing from an entertainment perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Think if Naveem (the pharmacist contestant) was in anyway half decent he’d have lasted. None of the rest of them had a decent business proposition.

katherine didn’t accept that jungle print is no longer en vogue - that seemed to annoy L. Sugar.

I can’t imagine putting PJ’s on my dog - she’d go nuts !

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭al87987

Harpreet was a fantastic candidate, really investable no matter what her business was she was always going to win. Really driven, competent and you could tell how much her fellow candidates respected her, for instance when Akshay spoke up without being prompted.

Sugar never usually invests in the store owner who just wants to open another store but with her it was a no-brainer.

Good to have the show back but they really just need to mix up the tasks in future as far too many that we have seen over and over again at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"katherine didn’t accept that jungle print is no longer en vogue"

but at the presentation, she had already answered that criticism by saying that it was in the previous year's collection of Dolce & Gabbana or some such brand. Clearly, she had her finger on the pulse in that respect.

Wonder what the craic was with Aaron. He was there for a good chunk of the process, but his firing happened really abruptly and he wasn't in the final

I think Katherine's was a nonsense idea tbh. I know matching pj's are a bit of a novelty for Christmas eve (or for the toy show here), but apart from that I'm struggling to see when you would be bothered

When you break her 'business' down, you're spot on, its a nonsense idea. But more than that, how it actually made it onto the show seems bewildering as its more like a hobby she has on the side rather than an actual plan with merit. Whilst I think the idea of giving the deal to someone who co-shares a business is flawed and undermines the process, Katherine's business seemed entirely underdeveloped and not at all feasible. I do think that Harpreet wouldn't have stood a chance if there was any credible business plans in the final four.

• Advertisement

I feel like Aaron was remarkably average throughout the process, never good enough to get sustained acclaim and never bad enough to be at fault up until the episode where he was fired (where he was an awful PM; but fair to note that everyone was awful in that task).

Harpreets deserts looked totally over the top, too much for one person so maybe best to share, but 2 people buying 1 desert is not good for business. Plus at a time when we need to reduce obesity it’s probably not a good idea to spend your time in a desert shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

exactly my thinking too. Maybe ye might go once a month or so?

I reckon there will be no more of her shops and he will put her into a managerial role of something else, in which I have no doubt she will do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Thursday 5th January 2023 for series 135 of this infuriating nonsense which drags me in every time.

(I'm already getting annoyed in anticipation of Suicre's blatant inconsistencies)

The Apprentice 2023 | Start date, cast and news | Radio Times

I can't wait for it to irritate the life out of me.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Advertisement