Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto GP 2022 Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Indeed, he's still young but old enough to understand he's not imortal (unlike the crazy kids in moto3)

Got flights and accommodation for Portimao next month for €205!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Good stuff. The ferry alone going to Silverstone is currently 710 euro. 😩

• Advertisement

What??????????? Is that for 52 seater coach??????? You would struggle to get a hotel in town for 1 night for €205.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Crew cab van. 4 of us with a heap of camping gear. A car is 640 euro. Nuts altogether. We are going to hold off booking for a while to see if it gets more reasonable.

FC Uk that is mental. I'm hoping to get the ferry to Wales in the next few months to see family. Hope I don't have to pay that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I've been there a few times for WSB. Awesome circuit but the facilities are not great.

Hopefully they have more bars, food stands etc for the GP. Have you your tickets yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Nice, never been there. Found it a hard track to get info on for best seats/view etc. We booked South Grandstand tickets in the end. Similar seats to Austria 2019 so hopefully we have the same last lap last corner drama!

Marc Marquez to miss Grand Prix of Argentina https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/03/29/marc-marquez-to-miss-grand-prix-of-argentina/411902

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Keith Huewen thinks somebody has to look out for Marc Marquez s interests , he needs serious advice. Where is his father in all this ? Better if he abandoned the whole season and concentrated on his health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Taka is out of the Argentina race after testing for Covid. Taka is also a doubt for COTA.

All Friday practice is cancelled after delays with the Moto GP freight - two aircraft have hit issues.

Some teams and set up and ready to go eg Yamaha while others , VR46 and Gresini don't have bikes or even riders helmets and leathers !

It's hoped the freight will arrive on Friday with Ducati already suggesting that their works team members will help Gresini and VR46 with the bikes .

The Jumbo has landed ! And Taka has tested negative and will ride on Saturday.

Another revised schedule - action starts at 12.15 Irish Time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The grid is bananas, could be a fun race..

9 different riders on podium after 3 races - what a Moto GP season we are having !.

Tremendous battle, deserved winner.

Great racing in Moto 2 and a last lap classic in Moto 3.

COTA next weekend with possibly a returning Marquez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

great battle between my 2 favorite riders at the moment, although not many I don't like ,how could you not be routing for Aleix yesterday ! great result .No idea how this season is going to pan out ,I Still think Quartararo maybe overall but hard to know really as you cant rule out the ducati's either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Did anyone have trouble with the Videopass this weekend? It's often unreliable for me. My connection is well up to the job and I never have a problem streaming any other media.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Didn't get to see it over the weekend. Is it being repeated on any of the stations like Quest or the likes?

worked fine for me but that was playback and not live coverage.

I tend to set bandwidth at 720p to stabilise playback and never use Auto - way too variable in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I was trying to stream it live. I normally just leave the streaming quality on auto myself. The stream would just randomly stop every few minutes and then jump in time when restarting. Eventually it would completely fail. Very annoying after forking out €140.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Delighted for Aleix. It's been a long time coming! Hopefully he's turned on the tap now.

I've seen rumours of Marc making a big announcement in the next few days. A terrible loss to motorcycle racing if he's to end his career prematurely.

Wouldn't be a big fan of Marc but it would be an awful loss. Crying shame that he possibly may have to retire early.

You always need to look at the bigger picture and think of your tolerance of pain in later life. So much young talent in

MotoGP at the minute. Brilliant to see Aprilia doing so well. I'd love to see Kawasaki back in it and BMW fielding a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think that was an Aprils Fools joke by one of the bike websites, timed spectacularly wrong obviously.

Seeing he'll be racing in Texas now. He was back on the bike this morning.

As strongly rumoured over the weekend Marc Marquez is back at COTA this weekend.

Marcs strong record at COTA must make him at least a podium contender.

Will it be 12 different riders on the podium ? , Marc / Bagnia / Miller / Mir have yet to visit the podium and will Vinales make the Aprilla work for him ! Another exciting weekend ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I didn't hear it on a bike website. A couple of people on twitter who are usually reliable are saying the rumours are going around the paddock but I'm delighted to see they were unfounded. It would be great if we got the old 'all or nothing' Marc back to 100% again.

I'd like to see Aleix continue his good form and at least get a podium again this weekend.

I'm loving these 7pm Sunday evening races!

Aleix and COTA have never really got on , if Aleix does well this weekend then he is a seriouscontender for the championship.

Pressure is now on Maverick to start getting podiums.

Pressure also building on the factory Ducati team and Yamaha need to rebound quickly.

Of course thel season doesn't really start until Jerez !

• Advertisement

MM confirmed to race this weekend. I can't imagine he will be fully fit and a top 10 might be a good result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement