Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto GP 2022 Season

• 05-02-2022 9:45pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Figured now that the Sepang testing and bike unveiling has begun it would be time for a thread..

results of testing here; https://www.crash.net/motogp/results/996089/1/sepang-motogp-test-results-saturday-lap-times-final

Hoping for a good competitive season and watching Vinales and Bezzecchi hoping for some standout work..

Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

So Video pass due for renewal Feb 15th but nowhere that I can find shows the cost. Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

do you happen to have year calendar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

I need to find a rider to follow this year with Rossi retired. I like the 2 Suzuki lads. Plenty of fresh faces in the line up now. I'm looking forward to getting to a race this year after a 2 year break too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rossi was barely on the TV for the last few years. He wasn't even on the first page of the race standings for most of it.

But yeah, Im the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I was the same re Rossi - the fact he hasn't been at the sharp end for a number of years and now he's gone altogether is hard to take! I took a real liking to the Ducati lads last season. Peco seems to be a decent chap and I met Jack years ago in San Marino and he came across really well. They're probably my two favourite riders at the minute. Looking forward to the start of the season!

Bastianini would be my pick. some great results last year and with '21 factory bike expecting more in 22. + the lad has good personality and, feck it, even better looking than me 🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Same as. I don't think Fabio will be contesting his title this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭Infoanon

What a start to the season , form book turned on its head in all three classes.

Yes Qatar is an unusual race but some teams are in trouble and will need to turn things around quickly.

Mir expected to be announced shortly at Suzuki for 23 & 24 but after today some teams may be holding off on signing

• Advertisement

A slick young confident Italian so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

anyone know anything about the new series? i think its a motgp version of drive to survive

MotoGP unlimited, available on Amazon Prime from today March 14th.

Positive reviews, avoided the mistakes of 'drive to survive '.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I turned it off after a few minutes. The choice for them to go for voice dubbing over subtitles is a strange one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Looks like it was a "Technical issue" and it will be rectified very shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Yeah, the dubbing was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Seems theres a 4k version on Prime Video where the dubbing isn't there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fun morning so far MM ruled out for race after high-speed flick off the bike, now it's pouring rain..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Did really well to clear the track and run a race.. Enjoyed it too, incredible lap times considering the wet.

That was a good moto gp, would have loved to have seen more of the 8th place battle with the Binder & Espagaro brothers battling.

Marc Marquez high side was horrendous, and unfortunately not unexpected. MM has been racing over the limit all weekend and someone should have had a word in his ear , unfortunately Alberto Puig is to busy blaming Michelin (good deflection ) ,perhaps the stewards should have sanctioned MM after he pulled across the track in front of Dovi.

Argentina next in two weeks - where anyone could win !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What or where does the Moto GP races be broadcast these days?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Debub

No way to watch it free/cheaper here in Ireland?

😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭rock22

8pm tonight on ITV4 - highlights only

I think ITV4 are showing all race highlights on Mondays after races.

^^^

or cough up €139.99 for Dorna video pass.

Honda have confirmed that Marc Marquez is suffering from double vision again following his high side in Indonesia.

Marc has said it is less severe than last time.

Honda have also pointed fingers at Michelin which is rather unfortunate considering that any blame clearly lies in the HRC camp.

• Advertisement

Poor bloke is going to be in a wheelchair before hes 40 at this rate. His crashes last weekend should've been accompanied by the Benny Hill theme.

Indeed, he's still young but old enough to understand he's not imortal (unlike the crazy kids in moto3)

Got flights and accommodation for Portimao next month for €205!

Good stuff. The ferry alone going to Silverstone is currently 710 euro. 😩

• Advertisement

What??????????? Is that for 52 seater coach??????? You would struggle to get a hotel in town for 1 night for €205.

Crew cab van. 4 of us with a heap of camping gear. A car is 640 euro. Nuts altogether. We are going to hold off booking for a while to see if it gets more reasonable.

FC Uk that is mental. I'm hoping to get the ferry to Wales in the next few months to see family. Hope I don't have to pay that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I've been there a few times for WSB. Awesome circuit but the facilities are not great.

Hopefully they have more bars, food stands etc for the GP. Have you your tickets yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Nice, never been there. Found it a hard track to get info on for best seats/view etc. We booked South Grandstand tickets in the end. Similar seats to Austria 2019 so hopefully we have the same last lap last corner drama!

Marc Marquez to miss Grand Prix of Argentina https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/03/29/marc-marquez-to-miss-grand-prix-of-argentina/411902

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Keith Huewen thinks somebody has to look out for Marc Marquez s interests , he needs serious advice. Where is his father in all this ? Better if he abandoned the whole season and concentrated on his health.

Taka is out of the Argentina race after testing for Covid. Taka is also a doubt for COTA.

All Friday practice is cancelled after delays with the Moto GP freight - two aircraft have hit issues.

Some teams and set up and ready to go eg Yamaha while others , VR46 and Gresini don't have bikes or even riders helmets and leathers !

It's hoped the freight will arrive on Friday with Ducati already suggesting that their works team members will help Gresini and VR46 with the bikes .

The Jumbo has landed ! And Taka has tested negative and will ride on Saturday.

Another revised schedule - action starts at 12.15 Irish Time

The grid is bananas, could be a fun race..

9 different riders on podium after 3 races - what a Moto GP season we are having !.

Tremendous battle, deserved winner.

Great racing in Moto 2 and a last lap classic in Moto 3.

COTA next weekend with possibly a returning Marquez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭geotrig

great battle between my 2 favorite riders at the moment, although not many I don't like ,how could you not be routing for Aleix yesterday ! great result .No idea how this season is going to pan out ,I Still think Quartararo maybe overall but hard to know really as you cant rule out the ducati's either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Did anyone have trouble with the Videopass this weekend? It's often unreliable for me. My connection is well up to the job and I never have a problem streaming any other media.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement