Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto GP 2022 Season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Didn't get to see it over the weekend. Is it being repeated on any of the stations like Quest or the likes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

worked fine for me but that was playback and not live coverage.

I tend to set bandwidth at 720p to stabilise playback and never use Auto - way too variable in terms of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I was trying to stream it live. I normally just leave the streaming quality on auto myself. The stream would just randomly stop every few minutes and then jump in time when restarting. Eventually it would completely fail. Very annoying after forking out €140.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Delighted for Aleix. It's been a long time coming! Hopefully he's turned on the tap now.

I've seen rumours of Marc making a big announcement in the next few days. A terrible loss to motorcycle racing if he's to end his career prematurely.

Wouldn't be a big fan of Marc but it would be an awful loss. Crying shame that he possibly may have to retire early.

You always need to look at the bigger picture and think of your tolerance of pain in later life. So much young talent in

MotoGP at the minute. Brilliant to see Aprilia doing so well. I'd love to see Kawasaki back in it and BMW fielding a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think that was an Aprils Fools joke by one of the bike websites, timed spectacularly wrong obviously.

Seeing he'll be racing in Texas now. He was back on the bike this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

As strongly rumoured over the weekend Marc Marquez is back at COTA this weekend.

Marcs strong record at COTA must make him at least a podium contender.

Will it be 12 different riders on the podium ? , Marc / Bagnia / Miller / Mir have yet to visit the podium and will Vinales make the Aprilla work for him ! Another exciting weekend ahead

I didn't hear it on a bike website. A couple of people on twitter who are usually reliable are saying the rumours are going around the paddock but I'm delighted to see they were unfounded. It would be great if we got the old 'all or nothing' Marc back to 100% again.

I'd like to see Aleix continue his good form and at least get a podium again this weekend.

I'm loving these 7pm Sunday evening races!

Aleix and COTA have never really got on , if Aleix does well this weekend then he is a seriouscontender for the championship.

Pressure is now on Maverick to start getting podiums.

Pressure also building on the factory Ducati team and Yamaha need to rebound quickly.

Of course thel season doesn't really start until Jerez !

• Advertisement

MM confirmed to race this weekend. I can't imagine he will be fully fit and a top 10 might be a good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Great wsb there. Absolutely fantastic racing and swapping of lead.

Going to be another epic season by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Motogp Qualifying full of thrills and spills 😉

I figured MM would be lucky to make the top 10 - well that was a load of sh1te. Extraordinary stuff.

Looking like the makings of a classic season. Great race and supper top 3 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Rins done me proud. I have him in my fantasy motogp. I got double points for him today. I'm up to 8 in the irish league.

Best racing at COTA since MotoGP starred coming, thrilling Moto GP race with great battles between Fabio & Marc , skillful overtaking from Rins and the Beast proving , if it was ever on doubt , that he is the real deal.

Rins has been the most consistent racer so far while pee season favourite Bagnia hasn'tbeen on podium yet !

Moto 3 was a thriller as well and thankfully no big crashes despite some scary moments.

Scott Ogden again impressing.

The real season starts now with the European rounds - any advantage the Ducati GP21 has should now fade and Fabio and Marc should be regular podium contenders - though in the current season anything is possible.

Teams delaying signing riders for 22 adds to the fun !

• Advertisement

Started watching that 'MotoGP Unlimited' series on Amazon. First episode is poor but it starts getting quite good from the second. I'm surprised at how candid some of it is.

I know I said here at the time that SRT never wanted Rossi on the team but jeez, Razlan Razali really doesn't like him at all (because Rossi blanked him years before when he asked for an autograph)!

The insight into the Vinales Vrs Yamaha saga is interesting. I'm surprised Vinales is still in the paddock to be honest.

John Mc Phee ruled out of Portimao and out for at least another 3 weeks.

Adrian Fernández also out after crashing in wet practice this morning.

On the rider front Jack Miller looks to be Pramac bound while rumours of Jake Dixon replacing Dovi seem way off the mark.

Interestingly Aprilla are looking for a satellite partner , so.could we see RNF switching over and Yamaha getting their wish of VR46 as their satellite team ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does any championship have as good quality of racing as wsb?

Another epic race. Shaping up well with the fight between the 3 of them.

An amazing Moto GP qualifying today on a drying track sees Johann Zarco on his Pramac Ducati capturing pole ahead of Joan Mir getting his best ever qualifying position. Aleix Espagaro who was no where all weekend joins them.on the front row !

Strong qualifying for the Marquez brothers ,Fabio and VR46 boys but big dissapointment for Alex Rins , Jorge Martin, Bastinini and Bagnia bothof whom suffered big offs.

Pecco in particular had a heavy fall but hospital scans have confirmed no broken bones and Pecco will undergo a medical before warm up tomorrow.

A special mention to Scott Ogden in Moto 3 who would have been on the front row but for losing a number of laps due to yellow flags - Sergio Garcia falling 3 times in the 15 minute session.

On the rider front ,Alex Marquez looks to be replaced by Jack Miller at LCR in 2023 according to latest rumours....

Yellow flags are ruining qualifying. I don't know what the solution is but at a minimum, I think the time lost to yellow flags should be added on to the session. Riders sitting down punching the ground for 30-40 seconds when they should be getting themselves behind the barrier is not on either.

• Advertisement

Curses - no MotoGP on video-pass. Moto 2 and 3 available alright. Can only assume some technical issues preventing upload/recording.

It's there now - under the first of the Sunday banners .

Portimao delivering good racing across all classes today.

Got back from Portimao yesterday evening. I can't believe how small the crowd was.

Grandstand was barely quarter full! Great event though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Same, I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I enjoyed the weekend after a few years without a live race, but it was easily the worst event i've been to of the seven. The Moto3 race was incredible live.

Saw one journalist post the Sunday attendance at 45,000 (and around 15k each on Friday and Saturday), which is less that half the 100k capacity. It was probably a good thing where we were sitting (Sud 1), as the facilities/general fan experience was a disgrace. It would have been mayhem with full capacity. The queue for food, coffee etc were always between 30-60 mins long, probably a result of everything being confiscated at entry.

I was there for the WSB in 2011 and the facilities were worse would you believe!

We would definitely go back though. Cheap flight, cheap accomodation and food in Alvor was

very reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Yeah to be fair the location and ease of getting to/from etc is great, even the non existent traffic leaving the place, easily the best track we've visited for that. Its down the list for a revisit though. Finland next year hopefully :)

Silverstone lets you bring in a bag of cans. No queuing for gargle at all. 😁

Breaking story from.reliable sources :

Suzuki to quit moto gp at the end of the season ! Official confirmation due within hours after team personnel were told today at Jerez testing.

Mir to Honda is the other strong rumour.

'Bombshell' is an understatement

That's unexpected. That's the end of their season so. Why would they put any more development into the bikes if they're pulling out? A year ago they were champions.

Nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Crazy, such a nice bike too.

• Advertisement

It really is some bombshell news.

While Rins can be super fast I’d say his inconsistency and tendency to drop it could play against him in finding another seat. The ink on Livio Suppo’s team boss contract must still be wet too.

Rain and thunder forecast for Le Mans on Sunday. That should suit Jack who won here last year though if Marc is back to full form, who knows. Fingers crossed for another good result for Aleix!

Suzuki have issued a short statment regarding their future in MotoGP...

Suzuki Motor Corporation is in discussions with Dorna regarding the possibility of ending Suzuki’s participation in MotoGP™ at the end of 2022.

Unfortunately, the current economic situation and the need to concentrate its effort on the big changes that the Automotive world is facing in these years, are forcing Suzuki to drastically decrease racing related costs and to use all its economical and human resources in developing new technologies.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our Suzuki Ecstar Team, to all those who have supported Suzuki's motorcycle racing activities for many years and to all Suzuki fans who have given us their enthusiastic support.

PS: Nortwest200 live on BBC Sport tonight if you have a VPN (or live in NI). https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/northern-ireland/61277080

Onboard cameras are nothing new but this 'shoulder cam' is brilliant.

nice

Gives you a much better idea of how fast theyre going!

Its looking like competition for seats in 2023 will be fierce. It Toprak goes to GP - Franco Morbidelli I assume will be out (not long ago touted as future world champ). With Suzuki [probably] leaving Rins and Mir will be looking for new rides. Not to mention Moto2 lads looking for GP seats. Huge pressure on this years rookies to retain seats for next year.

A lot of disruption - not sure if good or bad thing.

Whatcha think?

Why would Toprak move to Yamaha ?, only Fabio can make the bike work a la Marquez at Honda.

Lin Jarvis is also on record as saying that if Toprak was to move to Moto GP it would be at a satellite team....

Of course all has changed with Suzukis announcement and reading between the lines there will only be 22.bikes next year.

Fabio will almost certainly stay at Yamaha but despite having.a contract Morbidelli maybe out for 2023. Rins in ? Or more likely Raul Fernández

RNF look likely to run Aprillas next year , and Dovi almost certain to retire.D.Binder and ??

Mir to Honda to replace Pol and Miller to KTM appear done deals ,

Bastinini has given Ducati a headache but Jorge Martins recent form has perhaps given them an out - either way 'the beast' will have a GP23 next year.

Talking of headaches what to do with Maverick ? another possible home for Rins.

And then there is.VR46 - Yamaha want ed them as a satellite team but they chose Ducati.

Moto 2 riders - Ogura to LCR to replace Taka.

This is going to be the silliest of silly seasons.

'Exceptional' press conference announced by Aprilla for 12.30 Irish time.

Confirmation that Aleix and Maverick have been signed for 2023 is expected !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

And possibly that they might be running a second team with RNF.??

UPDATE. Watching it right now, Both Maverick and Aleix have resigned for 2 years.

Maverick looks skinny. Like surprisingly so.

Miller without a factory Ducati seat for 2023 confirmed. In talks with KTM.

Melandri gets a nice little dig in here against Ducati

https://youtu.be/RJebmqegvP4

Now officially confirmed - RNF will field Aprillas next season.

Aprilla will have influence in the rider line up and Vietti is being mentioned as a possibility with the likes of Rins being his team mate.

RNF were less than happy when they found out the financial terms VR46 were offered before choosing Ducati.

For Yamaha they now have a problem : 4 Riders (Fabio/Frankie/Toprak &Raul Fernández ) and only 2 bikes....

personally I'd like to see Toprak get a seat. A good fit with the right bike and his abilities should make for great racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Did Raul sign for Yamaha? Didn't know that... And then what happens to Darren Binder? Thrown by the wayside? Crazy.

Part of me would love to see Toprak in MotoGP but I get the feeling he'd like to stay in WSBK. He would have to work a lot harder in MotoGP and I get the feeling he's comfortable where he is and with the money he's making and there's no harm in that.

Personally, I love seeing Johnny, Alvaro and Toprak fighting each WSBK weekend and it' just wouldn't be the same with just 2 of them and Toprak in MotoGP. Nobody seems to be able to match their pace, not even close.

Aleix quickest today. Maverick 17th on the same bike. I can't see him still there in 2024. Aprilia obviously know something I don't.

• Advertisement

Well since Maverick has just signed a 2 year contract , he is looking secure for 2024.

His quali position today is slightly misleading, Aleix was fastest following a tow from Maverick but when Aleix went return the favour something went array - possibly the yellow flags for Zarco, it wasn't clear fromthe coverage.

Miller and Binder at factory KTM looks increasingly likely with Olivera informing the press that a demotion to Tech 3 was on the cards if he wanted to stay at KTM.

Olivera going to LCR Honda is looking a more likely possibility.

Amazing qualifying today ,however there is only one story

After rumours started circulating Honda called an exceptional press conference where Alberto Puig and Marc Marquez confirmed that Marc is going to have / requires additional surgery on his arm and shoulder next week.

The length of time required for recovery is unknown.

Reading between the lines Marc will not return until 2023 and that time line has been communicated to Dorna.

Moto GP qualifying - what a topsy turvy grid and two '21 Ducatis (and three Italians) on the front of the grid - and the 'Beast' is not one of them.

Fabio stunning lap but the Yamahas are struggling for top speed ,Lin Jarvis confirming only 2 Yamahas on the grid next season (ignore the click bait on RNF ).

That was my point. Why did they offer him a new 2 year deal? What do they know that I don't? Because I certainly wouldn't have offered him a new contract. He's consistently rubbish. Despite finishing every race this season he's finished inside the top 10 only once and never inside the top 6. Did Aprilia really have no better option? Did Aleix talk them into it?

Stability is one very good reason along with Mavericks potential - remember Lorenzo was written off in '17 and then went on a winning streak in the second year of his Ducati contract.

Not so long ago Fabio was written off ! , Aprilla have obviously seen something in Vinales, he is a race winner and hasn't suddenly become slow. If hid arrival has spurred Aleix into a championship contender then even more reason to retain Maverick.

If it doesn't work out they can always place him at the satellite RNF team.

Rumours building that Miller / KTM could be announced as soon as tomorrow, The 'Beast ' overwhelming favourite to replace Miller.

The Beast replacement at Gresini? , Olivera now a front runner !

Aleix !! 😫

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement