Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

One more thing came to my mind - are you sure ethernet cable you use is not faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

Anyone have any issues with connection after getting them to enable bridge mode?

I had the old equipment which was clapping out for hours on end and they came and replaced it with all new antenna/router and I then asked them to enable bridge mode. Everything goes into my pfSense firewall and looked fine.

But once I started gaming I could see my pings were in the 70/80ms range and I was getting 15-20% packet loss playing PUBG or Rocket League, etc.

Also, with bridge mode I should be able to set pfSense WAN to DHCP but sometimes this does not work and requires rebooting their equipment several times until it does.

Anyone have similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dero

I have the same setup; bridged Imagine CPE -> pfSense, and I haven't experienced either of those issues. I have a static IP, but I still set the WAN to DHCP and it just works. My latency/packet loss has been quite stable for a long time now. It did have serious issues previously during peak hours, but that wouldn't be related to the bridge mode and/or gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

Dero, what's your pfSense setup like? Is it running on a dedicated box or do you have it running in a VM? Got no good of it with Imagine in the end, and they pulled bridge mode and she appears to be back somewhat stable, but I'm back in double NAT land.

I've noticed today that I'm now getting consistent speeds of 170mbps+ which is mad because I never got speeds like that before.

It's a fairly vanilla pfSense setup with pfBlockerNG. I do have dual WAN for my 3 mobile backup connection and game consoles though, but most stuff goes via Imagine. It is running on an old HP Microserver that I had here. It's probably not the most efficient, but it works. I had it virtualised before, and had no issues other than losing Internet when I took down the VM host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Has anyone noticed that their usage is showing zero for the last 7 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

I have no signal here in Cobh as of 2 pm. Am connected to the Carrigaline mast. Any body else seeing this

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Same here in Clare since about 2:30pm.

Tried calling their support. They have a generic message saying "Our engineers have identified an issue that may be effecting your area, they are working to resolve this" without saying what area they are talking about of course.

When I called them, there were 129 people ahead of me in the queue and they claimed the wait time was 58 minutes.. so I didn't bother trying to stay on hold.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It seems to be nationwide. Fair play to them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's just come back for me on the last few minutes

Based on their Twitter looks like it was a Nationwide outage

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mossie

I got a text from them saying there was a fault and they were working to fix it but don't think mine was down at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭G1032

What's the username and password to login to the Gemtek WVRTM-130ACN?

They're all different.

If you call their Tech Support they will give you the login info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭G1032

Cheers. I've tried every combination imaginable of admin, root, blank etc🙈

You won't get a full "admin" login , they'll give you a sort of super-user login that allows you to change most settings.

But if you wanted to switch it to bridge mode for example , they have to do that for you from their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lightning Jack

I have, been showing zero usage for about a month now. Not sure what the story with that is

Same for me - I show 0.12GB on the 1st of the month and then zero for every day since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Trying, and failing to map a network drive from the usb port in the router. Do I need to get the login details to complete this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

anyone here on the kilcock mast? our connection has been down since yesterday... wondering if its us or the mast. have rebooted, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Are they no longer doing that awful 20 gig/day monitoring? The Imagine portal has no data for May at all ...

I have a big game update and was resigned (read very pissed off) to waiting till after midnight ....

Mine seems to have stopped recording on 10/05.

It hasn't worked since early April for me.

They haven't changed the rules at all and based on previous experiences when the tool was broken before, they'll still send you the warning email and stuff despite you having absolutely no way to monitor your usage.

Anyone having issues with slow speeds over the weekend? Mine have dropped from around 80mbps to less than 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

My daily usage counters are active again

Yeah.. Mine now shows data , but it's a bit all over the place.

They have changed the data for the previous months and it just looks wrong - Like it says I had 640GB of usage in April but only 1.9GB of "Peak" usage which is definitely not right..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've had to keep rebooting the router here the last week or so. Service went from stable to spotty in the last week or two which is annoying when you're trying to work or play a game.

Yeah, same here. Random dropouts and slow downs.

Completely down for the last hour here. Just got a text saying they're working on a fault. Maybe that's been causing the issues I've had recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Same. Last few days I noticed very high pings - making gaming and even streaming difficult at times.

Advertisement