Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

• 02-03-2022 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

https://nialler9.com/new-irish-festival-beyond-the-pale-announced-for-glendalough-in-june-with-headliners-four-tet-orbital-bonobo-more/

The festival is at Glendalough Estate and just less than 5000 in capacity, and there is on-site. “Comfy Camping” (see below), luxury glamping, camping, motorhome and caravan parking options.

More on the curators below including Ali Dunworth on food, Whiplash beer and The Big Romance.

Early bird tickets available from €149 and presale via the mailing list on the site starts on Friday.

As curators, we’ve never been so inspired to deliver an event like this. We’ve come together as a team of people with a passion for how music, art and food unifies people in ways that can break all barriers & create memories:

Beyond the Pale is being conceived and created by a team of the most experienced and highly-regarded event organisers in Ireland including

Declan Forde: A pioneer of music & arts festivals in three continents; the main music programmer of the first 7-8 years of Electric Picnic, Body & Soul and Forbidden Fruit festivals amongst others, as well as numerous music and arts festivals in Australia and Asia , founder and Director of Irish concert promoter Selective Memory.

Dave Parle: whose involvement in festivals such as Forbidden Fruit and Metropolis were part of his creating his current ventures: leading club promoter Hidden Agenda, international craft beer festival Fidelity and vinyl-only craft music bar The Big Romance.

Jennifer Jennings: the Arts Programme Director of Beyond the Pale has created festivals and hit shows in with game-changing Irish theatre company Thisispopbaby, as well as in Singapore and Australia.

Janet Takuz: A visual story teller, Janet is Beyond the Pale’s Site Designer and is a multi-disciplinarian creator designing engaging creative customer-led discovery for experiential retail as well as staging & art direction for the music industry. 

FOOD

We’re delighted to announce our food area Beyond The Plate, curated by Ali Dunworth, Irish Times journalist & curator of Eatyard amongst many food and beverage projects. Ali’s passion for the food industry is second to none with loads of experience and a keen sense of all that’s new and exciting in Ireland’s hospitality industry. Apart from all the great food she’ll be curating, she’ll also be pulling together a line-up of talks & demonstrations from some of Ireland’s leading food & beverage personalities.

DRINK

Great beer & cocktails at a music festival!? Yes, it can be done. And we’re delighted to be partnering with Whiplash Beer to be the first major Irish music festival to serve great, independently made Irish beer. At the Big Romance bar area, you’ll not only sample great music and Whiplash beer, but we’ll also have a specially curated cocktail menu for you to enjoy!

COMFY CAMPING

We want to make your camping experience as easy as possible so as well as offering a wonderful glamping experience, we’ve created a Comfy Camping option for those who do want to bring their own tent but enjoy some extra comfort. For an extra fee, you can get a prime spacious location, phone charging service, access to a carpark to campsite buggy service, complimentary shower, hot tubs, sauna, massages & of course, posh loos!

What more can we say? All the bands, DJ’s & performers you love, in a gorgeous setting with craft beer, cocktails and delicious food, only 45 minutes drive from Dublin City. 3 day tickets start at €149 with no booking fees and the Festival offers luxury on-site camping, glamping, motorhome and caravan facilities, as well as on-site parking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope they do well with it but June is fairly saturated with events, Forbidden Fruit, Wild Roots and Rory Gallagher Festival competing in first weekend in June. Beyond the Pale the following weekend near enough and Body&Soul and Sea Sessions the weekend after, then Stendhal on the final weekend going into July.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So many festivals, BD, so little time. First world problems, eh? Great to see all this festival action. This looks lovely, not enough in there for me but it sounds idyllic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Selective Memory seem a real good outfit, hope they can pull it off, traffic issues would be my first concern, it's bad enough down there on a sunny weekend, not sure how it will manage with the influx of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This sounds good in fairness, not too far from me either. As others have said however it's a time of year that is packed with festivals and concerts so not sure if I will be making an appearance this year.

And the Lineup poster.

• Advertisement

Probably same capacity now as Body & Soul it looks like they're capping it to 5,000 and they are announcing I think next week. There's definitely acts there that have played Body & Soul and All Together Now recently. Pm1977x mentioned the company behind it, Selective Memory, never heard of them but looked up their site and they have a nice portfolio of events and gigs they ran. It looks like they ran the last Beatyard festival before the pandemic and a Toots and the Maytals gig among other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just got a ticket, a few of us going, anyone else? Hopefully the planet still has breathable air and edible food by then and we're not in some horrible nuclear fallout!

I'm dreading the traffic in and out of the place already.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Wheeker

Very interested in this, especially with Four Tet playing. I see tix went on sale this morning @ 9am & 2 hours later Early Bird, Tier 1 & Tier 2 are already sold-out. Going up by €20 each tier. Only 5,000 tix so could sell out quick enough. The Comfy Camping upgrade could be tempting, but presumably it's an extra €60 per person rather than per tent which make it a bit pricey tbh. I would like to think that with only 5,000 the general camping facilities woudn't be overwhelmed......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone know if they are going to be checking names to ID on the tickets? Had to add names when booking but couldn't specifically find that they'd be checked anywhere on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Hi guys

I'm interested to know peoples' opinions on the ticketing structure. If I'm correct:

• Early birds sold out quickly this morning at €149
    • 'Tier 1' then went on sale at €169 - then quickly sold out
    • 'Tier 2' then went on sale - same ticket, same access etc at €189 - then quickly sold out
    • 'Tier 3' then went on sale - same ticket, same access etc at €209
    • 'Tier 4' will be €229
    • 'Final Release' will be €249

(all above excluding fees)

I bought at Tier 3 around 11am

I'm not sure I've ever come across a pricing structure like this for a festival in Ireland before (I could be wrong in fairness). Obviously the early bird structure is nothing new for stimulating sales at the very start - cheap tickets for the early birds and then a standard price for the rest normally, first come first served and so on

Post edited by Denalihighway on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭crl84

I've seen it before at other Irish festivals, but possibly not as many as 6 tiers. I'm pretty sure I've seen 5 tiers for a few Irish ones before though.

5 tiers for the same ticket?

Yeah, tiers pretty standard these days. It's not about VIP stuff, more about encouraging people to get in early, you know, even when the few early birds are gone, there's still some incentive to do it early rather than leave it late.

Oh don't worry I get why it's done...

I'll take your word for it that it's common.

It still doesn't sit right I have to be honest.

I got comfy camp. Early birds were sold out as soon as they went on sale so I got Tier 1. Me moth could only get Tier 2 ones at same time.

Should be a laugh. Now just need to source extras!

Agreed...lookin forward to it. Lucky we are to have it to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭rubick

Looking forward to this, didn't get Glastonbury tickets so it was a toss-up between this and B&S for something to look forward to in June. Will be keen to know about the traffic concerns - we managed to miss the very worst of the ATN 2019 traffic debacle (we travel from Antrim, so stayed overnight in Naas) but some friends of ours were in traffic for 8 hours. Opted for the Comfy Camping upgrade, we're Picnic Eco Campsite regulars so hoping for something similar.

I have yet to see the twitter account respond to any questions asked of it and at least one person there saying they sent emails without responses. Seems pretty shabby to not have someone on hand to do your customer support for a new festival on ticket day. Anyone got any answers to any questions out of them? Are they active on one of the "cooler" socials?

Not that I can see.

They just retweeted a health listicle. Either their Twitter is hacked or someone logged in to the wrong account. This is bizarre.

• Advertisement

Get it in the EP Thread, Rubick. It'll be appreciated in there.

Can anybody tell me who is running the festival? IE which festival organiser / production company etc?

Stillill42 posted earlier the name of the production crew I think they are called Selective Memory.

Cool, thanks

Never heard of em but looks like solid operation. Some good gigs lined up there. That's good. Don't need another Fyre festival 😂

Post edited by Denalihighway on

Some new acts being dropped via Facebook Stories (ugh) - Mad Professor Dubs Mezzanine and Kerala so far, might have missed some this morning. Why do they do this?

Think this is the list of new acts:

Arooj Aftab

Mad Professor dubs Mezzanine

Kerala Dust

Colleen Cosmo Murphy

Janus Rasmussen (Kiasmos)

AE Mak

New Jackson (Live)

Stephen James Smith

Soccer96

Christian Wethered

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

The line up for this is amazing and very refreshing after the sorry mess Body and Sul has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

If you don't know, Soccer96 are 2/3 of The Comet Is Coming. Worth a look.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement

Hey how are people planning on getting here? Was thinking of taking a car but not sure how parking works in the estate, it's pretty small. Surely that road off the N11 wont be able to deal with all the traffic? As someone with a traffic phobia just not sure what our options are here!

Has anyone else gone for the posh camping?

Advertisement