Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

There's a bunch of us in mid to late 40s going(what do kids know about Orbital?), you are as old as you feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Timetable is up. https://www.itsbeyondthepale.ie/timetables

I went to make a Clashfinder but the url I chose (btp2022) was in use and private so I assume someone is already on the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Bunch of us from around 35 to 41 going too.

Weather not looking great unforts for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭rubick

Seems alright according to AccuWeather this morning - maybe a bit damp on the Sunday but who cares! Won't trust any weather forecast until Thursday evening!

I have never bothered being the guy who made the Clashfinder before so I've had a lot of problems with this so I am still missing some of the smaller stages on Saturday and Sunday. I'll add them as they go. https://clashfinder.com/s/betp2022/

I've also done an autogenerated playlist on Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/70qk3VVFYnMps6XOYk8odj?si=3345f5b6076a4a09 It should be the top ten songs from each act where available. I gave it a quick once over to try find any misidentified acts but some may have slipped through. Let me know if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jellybeano

Thanks a million for doing this! Always handy to have a printout of the clashfinder! Yea its pretty difficult to read the names of some of the acts on the smaller stages, on the BTP website 🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jellybeano

Must learn the art of bilocation so that I can see both Orbital and HAAi 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Selling some spare tier1 tickets if anyone is looking

Anyone know the policy for bringing cans from the campsite into the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Has anyone info on bringing a campervan? Site doesn't have much info on where we'll pitch. Sometimes it's a different route to camping access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

Anybody else going to this solo?

One of the many things they are quite vague on. You'd hope it would be a freeflow event but given the fact that they'll be keen for their sponsors and vendors to make as much as possible, and they are pushing this as a family friendly event, they might not allow it. Wish we could know before Thursday night, as I don't want to bring too little or too much in the car. Guess we could leave a case in the boot right enough. I've never been to Body & Soul Festival, how do they operate? You can bring cans in to the arena at ATN. In fact, EP is the only festival I regularly attend that has restrictions of this kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fechalavash

From rte site this morning.

Mmm Friday night Fourtet.

Is there a link to that RTE Interview? I wouldn't mind reading the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LaJimenez

I messaged on Instagram and they got back to me saying it was freeflow, same as ATN 👍

Do Irish festivals still do that thing where they stop serving at 10 - 10.30pm? With the late nights you might find cans are gold dust by the Sunday especially if they actually enforce the drink limit thing strictly ( I doubt they will to be honest ).

I've never been to an Irish festival so I'm at a loss of how it works RE alcohol too. So you can bring 24 cans in to begin with, can you go back to your car and take more? I have also heard rumours bars close at 10pm and sh*t, surely this can't be true?

Looks like weather might have improved by Friday, looking forward to it now :D

This was posted on Twitter just now, no sign of a price though. What are we talking, 7? 8 euros a pint?

• Advertisement

Other festivals with a can limit thing usually insist you can only bring in drink when you have your ticket validated and I assume that is how it will work here. Once you've the wristband it is assumed you've already brought your booze "limit" in (even if you haven't so make sure your drink is in that first trip).

The 10.30 bars (and earlier if they felt it was getting messy and there'd be a last minute run on them) used to be the case for sure in Electric Picnic 10 years ago but even though I was at the last 2 ATNs I am a bit hazy on if the bars shut early or not there.

re: price It was €7 in Forbidden Fruit apparently. I'd like to think people will tell them where to go if it was higher.

Anyone tried the Whiplash beers and how do they taste? They aren't available in the North.

The first 2 are very similar to each other. They're hazy ales that are pretty good if you like that sort of thing. Body riddle is less bitter than Rollover. Haven't tried the other 2 but style wise I'd be expecting Stella and Guinness.

They confirmed 7 euros a pint

Site map is up. https://www.itsbeyondthepale.ie/site-map

Still not entirely sure what the traffic plan is. The site says just plug in Glendalough House into Google Maps.

They've launched an app (or more specifically leveraged some existing third party company to put their info into). https://gowoov.com/event/17678

I signed up with an email address and it wanted my full name and birthdate and provided me a privacy policy statement that had raw html in it. Smells like pure data harvesting. There is no new information in it and just provides the same functionality as the Clashfinder in app form plus some chat rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi all, had a reply from the organisers. Campervans are entering the main entrance and will be directed at that pint to where they are to pitch.

Not clear where on the site map where we'll be stationed. The weather is the main reason I'm asking, ground conditions will be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FriendlySpider

Just drove past the site, you can see the glamping is set up. Still hard to tell what direction they are bringing the traffic but it looks like the long way.

Hope you all have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

As far as I can tell, all mention of a parking charge have been removed from the site. It says parking is now free on the FAQ and Travel sections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

What do we think the ground is going to be like? Trying to pack and wondering is it wellies or boots to bring

Advertisement