Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭rubick

BTP active on their socials today to announce Early Bird Tickets, coming soon apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

Will they announce an act do you think when they go on sale?

I can't remember if they had some of the line-up confirmed when tickets went on sale last time.

EDIT - just scrolled through to March last year and they did actually announce a fair whack of artists a few days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭Fanirish

headline acts with the early bird announcement if rumours are true

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hot Chip announced as headliner

• Advertisement

Seems to be a week later too.

Same weekend as body and soul.

Too close to Glastonbury for us, last time was pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,742 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Awesome, Hot Chip. Will get ticks next week. Went to ATN too, way preferred smaller intimate BTP. Hopefully not as windy next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Ah Hot Chip play the whole time though.

• Advertisement

At this stage there is very few acts you haven’t played Irish festivals in the last decade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭RINO87

Their live show is bloody excellent tho, especially so at a festival, an absolute party! Very tempted now with this announcement.

LITTLE DRAGON

PILLOW QUEENS

MORCHEEBA

JAN BLOMQVIST

BOOKA SHADE

MAX COOPER

MARIE DAVIDSON

FLORIST

DAITHI

JUST MUSTARD

FLEETMAC WOOD

BRICK NASTY

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Just Mustard the only thing there appealing to me. Thought last year's lineup was poor too.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Delighted Booka Shade have a new festival to play. Only so many times you can play Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Max Cooper is an excellent addition but again Just Mustard and Booka Shade play the whole time.

Early bird are €175 fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 13,742 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just got a few tickets, 182.50 or something with the booking fee

Ton more names added. Thundercat, Jon hopkins, leftfield and oneohtrix will please people

That is incredible. Gutted I can't make this one this time.

• Advertisement

Hard To see how body and soul competing given it’s the same weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very impressive lineup, plenty on that I would go and see. It's definitely the most impressive of the Irish festival announcements so far. Dare I say if that was the finished ATN lineup for 2023 I'd be happy (although wouldn't think the headliners are big enough). What kind of capacity is at this?

5000 capacity, was 3500 this year

I thought it was 5k this year too?

Announced it was to be 5,000 initially and then declared it sold out with 3,500 people on the weekend itself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They'll have to get a few more big hitters alright, considering they're going back to 10,000 capacity, so heard anyway when I was down there this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Nah body and soul is 5,000. They mentioned that in recent email or announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

That's a lot of electronica, and aside from Leftfield, not my kind of electronica. Saying that, it's clearly the most impressive lineup so far but still not floating my boat.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

I couldn't care less who is playing at it, the fact they have gone in and tried to steal Body and Soul's weekend has soured me on the whole thing. Really **** behavior. The Beyond the Pale site was a depressing shitshow last year, boring and characterless - the opposite of B&S's Ballinlough Castle. No amount of great acts would tempt me back.

• Advertisement

In fairness body and soul has actually moved itself to an earlier weekend this year and 2023 than its usual weekend of the midsummer weekend. 2019, 2018, and 2017 it was on between 21-25th of June with a big midsummer/equinox celebration on the Saturday night.

Advertisement