Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - What's it like now?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fast track Friday evening was 1 hour, account I follow on Instagram posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes it was on Dublinlive.ie that Friday was crazy. I just can't understand it, the airport knows for weeks, possibly months what the scheduled departures are, why is there any delays, half an hour should be exceptional?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Maybe they’ve lost a lot of staff….

that job from what I know about from my time in that general industry it takes weeks and weeks of training.. followed by exams..

X-ray and ETD training as well as the general aviation security modules need to be completed, on the job training, induction…plus hiring.

id say a lot of people would be avoiding seeking work in such close proximity to such large numbers of people for xx hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Each passenger is paying a levy to use the airport, questions have to be asked where this money is going if it's not on staff to actually link up with the money coming to the airport. It's not exactly open heart surgery on each passenger that flashes up an alert, training should be relatively straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im flying out early Wednesday morning on Ryanair and after seeing that Friday 2 weeks ago Im dreading the ques & security even with a fasttrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Travelling in April with an 8:50am flight and they want €12.99 per person for fast pass. Not paying the €52 for the family so the kids will just be getting up earlier!

Going to try Clayton, just need to time bus right!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If you are travelling with RA you can add them to your booking for €8 each so a bit less of a gouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Good updates.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Anyone know where to park at Dublin airport? I completely forgot about it until now and flying out tomorrow. Quick Park is gone. Dublin airport parking is sold out as is the parking at the Clayton Hotel. Can get a bus if needs be but would prefer to drive up.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

We had the very same situation this evening. Flying out tomorrow, totally never figured car parking be such a nightmare. Luckily I have a cousin in Finglas with an empty driveway, getting taxi from there. My advice- find someone neat enough that you may know, park and taxi to airport if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I completely forgot about the parking. I'm usually good with these things but it went completely out of my head on this occasion. My missus has a cousin in Dublin so we might do the same. Might chance the Red Cow first, might be ok if we head up early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Juran

40 mins to get through security in T2 this morning at 6.15am. Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Jesus. I feel your pain. Great thread by the way. Keep up the comments. It should be stickied really.

Ended up parking in the Red Cow for the week for €20 and grabbed the green bus out to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,344 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you’d have a longer queue for a ride in Lego land. That’s one of the busiest days of the year

Went through security a while ago and wasn't even queueing for 2 minutes. One of my fastest trips through security at Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

2 minutes in fast track this morning, main queue busy but moving well

Great. Just about to leave for the airport

does anyone know if East lounge is back open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Sophia Petrillo

Any ideas what Dublin public transport is going to the airport during the night? 7am flight will be there around 4am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Depends on where you are coming from, even Aircoach will be limited.

Taxi will be most reliable, order one old school from office over phone and not app - less likely to be cancelled like freenow etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Travelled last Friday.

Arrived at the airport at 4am for a 7am flight and the queue for security was already backed up so much that people had to queue for ages to even get through to the boarding pass scanner.

Took an hour from getting into the initial queue, until being through and clear of security.

That wasn't close to the worst part of the experience however. Upon arrival at the gates (I arrived at the gate 90 minutes before the flight time), the mismanagement was beyond belief. Different queues for different flights intertwined, no clear management or direction of who should be going where, and people packed in like sardines.

It didn't impact me as I didn't need any food or refreshments, but the queues for food at the bar and coffee at Starbucks etc looked horrific.

I'm sure there are reasons, some far more relevant than others, but as mentioned above we are all paying a levy to use the airport and serious questions need to be asked about the running of same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is the time slot you book with Fast Track an estimate? i.e. If your check in takes longer than expected will this bother the Fast Track people if you're not there on time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Within reason they are pretty flexible, I booked it too early and emailed them to see if I could change it and said don't bother just go through whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Juran

As I posted already, we too were 45 mins getting through security in T2 at 6am in the morning on paddys day.

We flew back a couple of days later. Aerlingus Parked up at T1, furthest point from T2 I reckon. We sat on the plane for 40mins as the airbridge wouldnt work. They eventually brought us some stairs at the back door.

15 minute walk through the back of T1 to get to T2 passport control. The passport machine werent working. I'm thinking, FFS. To top it all off, we got into the lift for the T2 carpark, and it was also knackered !! Michael O'Leary is right about everything he says about the DAA. Thiefs the lot of them. Taking our money but not providing the service we pay for.

I hope to use Shannon for my next holiday, if the days and destinations are suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Yes we came back Aer Lingus Paddy's night and plane parked up at T1 long walk back over to T2 and stairs to negotiate. We only had carry on bags but could not see any way of exiting into T1. Then to try and get home from T2, long Q for Taxi and only one appeared in a 20 minute wait. Could not see where Aircoach would come, old set up seemed gone. So trekked back to T1, no fun c midnight and very cold. Eventually got a passing taxi ( illegal) others were phoning for taxis to come....

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I hope you never have to travel through Manchester when they have issues.

Dublin at its worst would be pure heaven.

Last Thursday you queued for an hour in Manchester - just to get into the frickin airport.

It took an AVERAGE of 4 hours to get airside. And by then your flight had departed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Don't know if standard, but just received below email from RA, for flight today, which doesn't give me enough notice to meet those times.

Arriving 2hrs before. Too old for screeching of brakes and airport scatters😐

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Two recent experiences.

Friday :security took 10 to 15 mins. Were through by 5.40

Tues arrived 5.20 : thru security in 5 mins.

Post edited by tea and coffee on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

What time should we arrive at the Airport for a 6am flight with AL ? We will have checked bags and we have Fast Track for Security as part of our AL Booking ?

Advertisement