Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport - What's it like now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

DAA are hopeless. Currently all belts, but 1, in T1 are undergoing construction work to update and connect them to T2... and they're literally having ALL flights of T1 on that one belt, creating a backlog of bags right up to check-in causing massive delays.

To make matters worse, there's an issue with the bag sorting system where bags are ending up in Ryanair's area for other airlines... where said bags have to be brought to their right place by hand elsewhere. It is incredibly frustrating for loaders, where they could be waiting for 70 bags for half an hour with no bags showing up for example.

Why the hell the DAA haven't temporarily had some of the airlines be in T2 instead to alleviate the problem is beyond me!!

So as it currently stands, be at the airport well in advance. If you're in within an hour from departure of a heavy flight don't be surprised if your bags don't make it with you on travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Security queue in T1 was snaked back as far as the Lufthansa check in desks at 5am

T1 fast track took about ten mins of queing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

They never seem to learn. Probably do the usual and issue yet another apology....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I arrived back this morning. I had my locator for and certificate ready but say the passport scanning machines were available and used one of thise. there was no one asking about the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Is it just T1 that has the delays? Does anyone know if T2 is ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

More flights out of T1 so going to be busier. Just checked the app, security queues in both terminals under 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone any idea about the long term parking at the moment? Tried booking parking next week and everything's sold out and supposedly the Quickpark carpark is still closed (is the blue one even open?). Is it possible to just drive up or what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I went out to Liverpool on Friday morning at 7am. Got the free fasttrack off bargain alerts, but not needed, at 5.30am, queue was 3 people for me, and about 10 people for normal security.

A lot of closed shops but the basics were open. Wanted 400 benson and hedges at 102 euro from the large duty free shop after security. Didnt have them, but was offered 2 x 200 at 60 euro each, DOH! Declined. Got the 400 pack from small kiosk duty free down at the 100 gates. No problems as such, but queues for the coffee shops.

Coming back from Liverpool on Sunday night about 8pm, everything was moving. One escalator not running so caused a big bottle neck heading for immigration. Was out quickly and off home. I had done the locator card online and also printed it. Not asked for it but may have been attached to my file at immigration.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭techman1

Whats queue at security like in the airport at 5.30 am weekdays. Im flying out tomorrow at 6.30am T1. Was thinking it should be pretty clear that time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's the busy time at the airport!! I got there at 4.30am last Friday and it was pretty packed. Security about 20 minutes in T1 but that was with extremely lucky lane choice. An hour before flight time is cutting it very fine especially if flying Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

I was there Sunday morning 31st of October flight at 6:30 could not believe how busy it was. Give yourself time

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭cgcsb

T2 still half closed. The restaurants upstairs are closed.

I've travelled extensively in Europe since being vaccinated. Ireland is very much an oddity, we have the strictest rules on hospitality of any country in the EU but we're the only country that you can go to without a covid pass or a passenger locater form

I was flying to Chicago on Monday morning. Smooth enough going through especially with full flights headed to US destinations at the same time. Hoped the 51st and Green lounge would be open. It's closed Monday and Tuesday, just my luck. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Not much waiting in them. Seemed to be flowing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Same here, flew Monday of last week to Chicago - had to use T2 lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I wouldn't say we're the only country. I travelled to the Netherlands with zero checks in September.

You are still requried to have a DCC and PLF. They most likely won't be checked on arrival but the airline should check them, either at the desk/gate or electronically. It's really a good thing we don't routinely check Covid documentation on arrival. I've flown to other countries that do and it can take a long time. You get through Dublin Airport passport control very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Someone earlier asked about going from T2 to T1 airside.... yes you can do that. I made mistake of flying Aer Lingus a few weeks ago on day trip and parked near T2 only to find out that the boarding gate was back in T1 so the long walk. It was Ryanair on return and again the long walk back to get car from 1 to 2 ( there is an indoor walkway).

I notice that since covid the fresh water dispensers that had just appeared at airports have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,249 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They were checking both this morning for flights come from Abu Dhabi. I was in the first group of the plane so no Q had built up , bags originally meant to be on Belt 3 moved to belt 2, but out straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

booked the long term holiday blue car park for dec 27th (5am entry) for a trip to US, flight departs at 9am.

Anyone used it previously? It says buses come every 15mins, hoping so as I don't want to be late for a flight we've to be there for 3 hours before..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

The green long term car park is closed for good.

That shows the number of passengers is still way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

What’s security like these days? Interesting to see if crowds will take off on stephens day

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hopefully flying to Tenerife next week, have bags booked to check in with Ryanair. Is the bag drop still open or do you queue for staff? Thanks (just trying to time it as will have smallies with us).

I had a big bag to check in earlier this month and there was staffed area with no Q as well as DIY machines. I asked if she could do it for me as did not want bother of machine and that was fine. Check in area is to far right of departures area with the security etc to the far left.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That’s great thank you.

Anyone know what security queues like lately? See Fasttrack is now €13! so won't be going for that at that price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yesh and no codes around for either, managed to book some slots for €9.99 in T2 next month.

Has anyone been in the 51st and Green lounge of late do they serve a proper hot breakfast for €30pp or just 'snacks'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

There was someone here or on another forum recently who said they asked the DAA if there was hot food in the 51st lounge and they said there was. However when they got to the lounge there was no hot food.

• Advertisement

Have to say its some jump in price, even if I look for our trip in July its €13, I'd have always purchased at €7/8 but for 4 of us now its an extra €20 can't see me bothering. I've been searching for codes no luck, I'll update if I find any!

Advertisement