Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021-22 Double and Blank GW Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just looking at the GW30 / FA Cup 5th round draw. What other games do we think will become fixtures set for GW30, as currently there are only 3 fixtures locked in that week.

I have bolded the teams that I would expect to progress. Some ties are a bit too closet to call.

Peterborough vs Man City

Luton Town vs Chelsea

Liverpool vs Norwich City

Middlesbrough vs Spurs

Southampton vs West Ham

Crystal Palace vs Stoke City

Everton vs Boreham

As a result, the following GW30 games would all need to be moved

Man City v Brighton

Norwich v Chelsea

Liverpool v Man Utd

Spurs v West Ham

Watford v Everton

There are only 2 other GW30 fixtures remaining that could be played, and they depend on whether Palace can beat Stoke & the Southampton v West Ham game. I think the Burnley v Southampton game could be the 4th fixture to go ahead in GW30

Newcastle v Crystal Palace

Burnley v Southampton

We actually could only have just the 3 fixtures that week, unless they move some rescheduled games into the GW also. Is there space for rescheduled games in that GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

My FH27 team draft is 90% identical to all the FH drafts I see.

Like zero point trying to be too clever I think, just need to hold ground in my MLs. Top in most so not chasing huge points and have advantage of having the 2 X FH's left against others.

The "essential" players it seems in all FH teams:

- Pope, Mee, Cancelo, Son, Kane, Bruno, Weghorst. (Currently only have Bruno and Cancelo)

Gonna then take a punt on 2 or 3 players who are in the "I love to own them for one week" chapter!

Anyone going completely against the grain with differentials?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I still have 2 FH's and a BB left. i'll have 11 this week with 1 ft but will take a -4 as 2 of those 11 are dodgy starters at present.

It looks like I'll play a FH in 30 even if no big teams are playing. When am I likely to play the other FH if not this week, 27? The big double week in 36 thats predicted I probably will have most of the players I want/need and bench boost could be ideal for then.

Anyone else in similar predicament?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I have 2 FHs left but no bench boost. I'll consider using one this week as I only have 4 doublers at the moment. I'll probably use the other one in gw36 to try come out even against the bench boosters. I believe gw33 might be another option for you to FH as there will some blanks and maybe a small double game week as its FA cup semi finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What teams are the best to target if wildcarding this week?

Considering using BB in GW 29 and possibly hoping to avoid using a FH in GW 30.

A lot to unpack there I know 😊....have been trying to put together a DGW planner spreadsheet but it's caused more confusion if anything 😂

You will have to wait and see how the mid week FA Cup games go. If they go as expected and Southampton and Burnley play in GW30 then I would be looking at getting in something like 2 Southampton, Raphina, 2 Villa, 1 wolves, 3 Arsenal which will cover you for GW30 and the doubles in GW28 and GW29. Then you can have a combo 3 Liverpool, 1/2 Spurs and maybe Rudiger if they have a double this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Spurs out so if wham lose then spurs wham can go ahead in gw30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Either Spurs v West Ham or Burnley (shudder!) v Southampton will definitely go ahead in GW30. Southampton play West Ham in the cup tonight. The losers GW30 game goes ahead.

• Advertisement

I've cobbled together a transfer planner for the next 3 weeks (I haven't looked into fixtures beyond GW 30).....hopefully someone might find it useful (and hopefully I've got the fixtures right....it's based on the assumption that Everton win tonight).

The Venn diagram in the other thread is probably a good visual aid with this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thank you Cartman.

Trying to see if WC 27 here is a good thing, but it's just the fear of having players from teams who Double but aren't really appealing at present for the sake of it over decent SGW players. For example Coutinho recent stats (last 3 games) are not good (XG v Brighton was 0.09 and from watching the games he had maybe 2 shots on target, very little involvement) and loads are saying to captain him as they are looking at his overall return and getting an average due to 16 pts vs Leeds. Ramsey at 2.6m cheaper is as good an option if going with a Villa Mid..... Another Dennis / King feel off it TBH. Yes, they are playing Leeds and he hauled against them in GW24 but Leeds got to cop on some time and if I was a betting man I'd be laying Coutinho on betfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I cobbled together this wildcard team:

Sa (Ramsdale)

Rudiger Livramento Coady (TAA, Cancelo)

Salah Willock Raphinha Ramsey (Jota)

Broja Kane Dennis

This leaves me with 9 DGW for 28, 6 for 29 and 6 for 30. The only issue I have with it so far is I would like Son as well as Kane but I don't have the money for that. I already had Dennis, Ramsey, Raphinha and Livramento so didn't see the need to change them.

Between the spreadsheet and the Venn diagram....

* I think I'm going to BB this week with the squad that's in the Excel (transfer in Sa and Coutinho/Ramsey for a hit)

* The get in 2 Spurs lads for a hit in GW 29

* Aaaaaand another hit in GW30 for Wolves defender/Jiminez and Madison/Vardy which will get me to a solid 10 players.

The squad will be well and truly dead ended then so Wildcard after that to attack the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think coming to terms with a hit a GW will solve many headaches. Especially if it allows a decent BB and enough players in GW30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Have all chips bar wildcard including 2 fhs left. Any strategies for the next few weeks for the chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Edit: Jaysus - found the spreadsheet, completely missed Cartman's comment! Thanks a mill, legend!

Post edited by sheroman01 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭sheroman01

GW30 is such a pain. The teams playing are so poor or unattractive, that it feels like a waste of a free hit, yet if you build your team around them from your WC, you don't wanna be stuck with those players!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm currently looking at a GW30 of...

Ramsdale (avl)

White (avl)

Son (WHU)

Raphina (wol)

Coutinho (ARS)

Jiminez (LEE)

Broja (bur)

I can definitely see a scenario where I get one goal or CS max form it and end it on 20 points, and get a green arrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Burnley Southampton isn't happening for GW30 so Broja doesn't play.

I think Leicester are the most appealing team to have players from in GW30. I'll probably just yo-yo from Salah to Maddison for 1 week captain punt. I'll probably have 9 players then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just saw this predicted fixtures table below and am regretting using the bench boost chip this week already. 36 is a massive DGW with every team doubling, could have had 8 fixtures on the bench boost there rather than the 5 Ive got this week, oh well

Of note below is that both Chelsea and Leicester are predicted to have a double double across 36 and 37. Burnley have another double double across 32 and 33 but after many got burnt by their last double double very few will go all in on them. Having 3 Chelsea and at least 2 Leicester across 36 and 37 would seem like a good strategy, especially if Chelsea still need to wrap up top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

While others are looking at their bench of gambles you can concentrate on a very good 11.

GW 36 also looks great for a free hit. Handpicking 9 players from City, Liverpool and Chelsea will probably have to be done. I'll also be free hitting in gw33 but that looks trickier, the fixtures aren't as appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My triple Chelsea defence started life very well today, think I can see that staying in place for the rest of the season at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive just got Rudiger but James looks essential now for their easier run of fixtures. I keep missing out on his mega hauls, think thats the third one now where I havent owned him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Interesting take this.

Ive WC & FH left. My intentions where to WC after GW30 at some point & then FH in 36.

Perhaps it is worth FH in GW33 & WC34 with a view to GW36 & we have much more info.

My team isn’t too badly set at the min & I plan to sell Salah for Kane over 30 (Blank) , 31 (WAT - which comes 3 days after internationals) & 32 (mci)

WC34 would see the likes of Salah & KdB in my team with the likes of Leicester players to finish out the season.

I could always FH Salah in in 33 too if needs be.

But then again I’d love to get rid of Martinez, Saiss, Livramento, JWP, Ramsey, Jiminez, Dennis & Broja after GW30.

Thats half a squad. Maybe stick with original plan WC31 & FH36

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Having a quick look at the next DGW / BGWs down the line, with one eye on when to play the TC also.

I missed out on the big Salah haul the last time around, and I'm not sure he will replicate it again. There is a possibility, but I'm not sure it happens, especially with both games being away feom home.

But that also leads me down the path of, is Salah a good player to own for the weeks GW29-GW34?

Assuming Liverpool beat Huddersfield or Forest in the cup, his fixtures currently look like this;

29: Brighton (a) & Arsenal (a)

30:

31: Watford (h)

32: Man City (a)

33:

34: Everton (h)

That Watford game in 31 is also an early kick off just 4 days after 2 WCQ matches for Egypt against Senegal in an international break. Potentially 1 start in 4 GWs, and that is Man City away.

I wonder is a switch to Kane a better option for those weeks, as he plays;

29: Man Utd (a) & Brighton (a)

30: West Ham (h)

31: Newcastle (h)

32: Aston Villa (a)

33: Brighton (h)

34: Brentford (a)

2 extra fixtures in the same time frame for a start (assuming FA Cup goes as expected.

• Advertisement

I see your point but I wouldn't be going without Salah against Watford....don't have the stats to hand but iirc he has a fairly insane record against them

Advertisement