Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021-22 Double and Blank GW Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That has Origi Triple Captain written all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

4 games confirmed for DGW26.

Liverpool v Leeds

Arsenal v Wolves

Watford v Palace

Burnley v Spurs.

Liverpools 2 games are Norwich (H), Leeds (H). Thats Triple Captain sorted!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah but Dennis also has a DGW. After his first DGW turning into a single and blanking in it and then killing us in the second DGW, surely he is due a massive haul 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Will likely use it on Salah myself but we might only see him for one of the games as Liverpool have the league up final on at the same time.

What are people thinking about when to get Salah back in? Initially I thought straight away but now with him either playing in in the AFCON final or the 3rd place playoff it seems unlikely he will start for the home game a few days later v Leicester in GW24. Were Egypt to win the whole thing he may well be allowed to go to Cairo to bring the trophy back with the squad and celebrate, if that happens he is at risk of catching covid for the third time.

I've kept him. Liverpool are still in with a shot at the league (I can't see them pulling back the deficit but they are not so far behind that they can pick and choose games and just 'concede' the league). The Leicester game is the Thursday and I think he plays that. He might be a doubt for Burnley, but likely plays every game after that up to and including the Cup Final. The following midweek is the FA cup so he gets a rest then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

So WC in GW25 and Mo TC GW26 is the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

No I’d be keeping my WC for a few GW’s. Things gonna get messy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The Egypt - Senegal final has big implications for GW24

Klopp confirmed the winner won’t return until Tuesday/Wednesday meaning one will not be featuring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah looked wrecked last night....I won't be rushing to get him back unless there's very clear guidance from Klopp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea he did look tired, he's had 3 extra time matches in the KO rounds so that's 360 mins played in 8 days which is basically 4 full games rather than 3.

• Advertisement

yeah I cant see him making that Leicester game. Im half thinking of a two game punt on KdB (Brentford, Norwich) and then getting Salah back in. Would have to leave around 0.6-0.8m ITB to do it depending on how quickly Salahs price rises as people buy him back again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd be afraid KDB wouldn't start the Norwich game with the CL the midweek after.

yeah that is a worry and Salah has Burnley that week too. Klopp said something earlier that Salah/Mane would be back on Tuesday or Wednesday so they will be available for the Leicester game. Whether Salah starts or not is another thing though especially given the amount of extra time he has played at Afcon.

Think I'll forget the KdB idea but might not get Salah back in for Leicester and instead wait till the following GW. Especially if Egypt win Afcon as he might be back a day or two later than Mane.

FA Cup Fifth Round draw:

Luton v Chelsea

Crystal Palace v Stoke

Peterborough v Manchester City

Liverpool or Cardiff v Norwich

Southampton v West Ham

Middlesbrough v Tottenham

Nottingham Forest or Leicester v Huddersfield

Everton v AFC Bournemouth or Boreham Wood

Could be a lot of blanks in GW30 now.

Yeah GW30 a main contender for the free hit, half my team would be missing that week

If there's only two or three fixtures,it might not even be worth playing it that week. If you can muster 6 or 7 from Villa, Arsenal, Leeds, Wolves, it might be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Do we know what teams are guaranteed to play that week?

Only have 3 from those teams, possibly 4 if I replace Alonso with Digne though Laporte is who I really want, its money dependent as he rose in price yet again last night and he is now 5.8m with no DGWs on the horizon (unlike Digne). Still not sure though, I remember Digne at Everton was a yellow card magnet but he does get forward a lot and has a great cross on him

Villa, Arsenal, Leeds and Wolves. There will be at least 2 more (either Newcastle and Palace OR Burnley and Southampton). There could be more too but we won't know until after the 5th round is played.

• Advertisement

EDIT: I misread the draw. The 4 teams mentioned are the only ones guaranteed to play. There may be no other matches.

Leicester v Brentford will go ahead in GW30 now (Leicester are 4-1 down in the Cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

More fixtures added to GWs 28 and 29 today. What are people thinking in terms of chip strategy? Seems to be difficult this season, with the extra FH in play also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm pretty set on a FH in GW30. I've only 1 player atm for that week.

I'll likely use my other FH for either GW27 or 28. If I decide on GW 27, I can load up on Arsenal and Liverpool players this week and not worry about next week; if I go for a FH in 28, then I probably have to go conservative with my moves this week and next which feels lame.

DGW28 looks a bit of a trap to me, although I like the Wolves fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Anyone else finding it very hard to decide when to use their chips?! Gameweek 30 will be a blank one due to the FA cup is it? That’s one to use the free hit on I suppose? I’m torn about possibly using a free hit next week. I’ve 10 players so not sure if it’s worth it but on the other hand the 10 wouldn’t be a great team without Pool and Arsenal so maybe it would be worth it if getting Son, Kane and couple of City and Southampton players in.

GW28 has the few doubles but I’m not sure I like the look of the fixtures. Then 29 isn’t an option for a Free Hit if playing it in 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

I'm in the exact same position as you and have 2 FH , have 10 ok players, I do have 3 Liv and 3 Arsenal players so I could transfer out one player but il need them for the double gameweek where they both play again. I think if you gain grounds this week you should save the FH chip for a double gameweek so technically you get more points in a better week for it to use it on.

My 10 players might not even start so I'd be lucky to have 8-9 players and I think I rather save my FH chip for a different week and take advantage of a better GW.

Depends how much ground this Gw I make I might take a hit or two and save chips I think it might be my way of navigating the next Gw.

Definitely Fh in Gw 30 not sure when il use the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭COH

Same boat here. Bench boost, wildcard and 2x FH left. Have 11 for next week as it is but doubts over some of them starting (Livramento, Edouard, Maddison) so may just play one of the FHs for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FH27

Might WC GW28 to get set up for 29/30

FH30 depending on how the WC goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Half tempted to do something like that too. I feel I’ve held the chips so long that I’m dying to use them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm likely to WC in GW28, get a good team that covers the few DGW's there.

FH1 in 30 for the FA Cup blanks.

I'll have FH2 then to take advantage of one of the DGW's around GW36ish. Allows me to keep a solid team for the last 8 GW's that won't be heavily influenced by "Burnley have a DGW"

Advertisement