Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Thanks for that. Our application is online too. There seems to be a degree of pot luck involved. I can only hope 🙏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Great to see lots of people's applications getting new updates, I feel like the extra staff they hired are finally making a difference

I just called the passport office for an update as my tracker is not working, as I was told to do on my last call to them.

The guy’s system was down. When I explained that my tracker was not working he said these systems are “sexy” but rubbish. When I asked why are others getting much earlier estimate dates despite having sent in their documents weeks after ours his response was “who knows, maybe a different team is dealing with it” and that it wasn’t a case of first come, first served. (Our application is uncomplicated.)

my passport is expired. When I asked for confirmation that my renewing my passport would not impact my son’s application, he said it might “tickle someone’s fancy” to query it. And mentioned Interpol. I was previously told that renewing my application “shouldn’t” impact my son’s, which isn’t really much use.

I have less hope than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sunshine2022

don't loose hope!!!! keep checking in on chat or calling and make sure they take your travel dates too. Mine literally went from processing at 3pm to printing at 5pm so it does move fast! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nixo1421

It’s very disheartening when you get speaking to someone that isn’t very helpful, this happened me in the process of getting my sons passport but I’d try again and hopefully next time you’ll get someone more helpful. I was very fortunate to get speaking to a gentlemen one day and he went so far to take my travel dates and he went through the application step by step and confirmed I had everything that was needed, it put my mind at ease massively, that was a Tuesday evening and by that Friday it had changed to processing and by the following Saturday morning so 7 days later it was printing. It is extremely tedious ringing but you’ll eventually get talking to someone that will be helpful.

Thank you, that is very kind. Hopefully there will be some sort of movement in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 janel66

Dear Mr Coveney

I applied for my first time Irish Passport online on 6th December 2021

I submitted my supporting documentation and received by passport office on 4th Jan 2022

Tracker changed to verifying documents and an estimated issue date of 8th March 2021

I have waited very patiently for last 8 weeks to change to next stage. 

It hasnt.  

My laywer hasnt been contacted yet to verify her certification on my identity even though estimated issue date next Tuesday. 

I called helpline today after webchat disconnected me mid chat....helpline informed me that my application hasn't even been touched yet!!! WHY WHY WHY has this happened and WHY do your support team feel its no problem?

This is totally unacceptable. 

Told today that the tracker isn't even working properly. 

Told today that my application concern cannot be escalated. And then the operator disconnected the call mid conversation. 

Twice today i have been rudely cut off. 

I am so honoured to be able to apply for an Irish passport and really did not want to be complaining but this is utterly ridiculous. 

What can you do about this for me please?

Regards

Jane 

This is my experience after waiting 8 weeks and being told by the tracker that my documents wee being verified for last 8 weeks. See attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Good news at last, first passport arrived this morning, here's my timeline if it helpdsa anyone

Jan 13th Applied

Jan 15th they received docs as per an post tracking but this did not update on system, said they were awaiting docs

Feb 19th Up until this date was still showing awaiting docs, it then switched to processing wit a due delivery date of March 31st

March 2nd Received email at 11:30 requesting new photo, got a pic and sent it in for 13:00

March 4th Shiny new passport delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Danniilong

Congratulations! I love reading others timelines so I can benchmark my own application.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thought I should also mention this was for a first time child passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

is this a record…..firstly it was a straight forward Irish citizen renewal…..I applied last Tuesday using online method……passport arrived in post on Thursday am around 10am by regular post……a mere 40 hours later….?

the estimated I was given was within 15 days…!

Yeah simple renewals are nearly always really fast! Which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No record, I had mine in about 22 hours a few years ago. Applied about lunchtime and it landed in the post next morning.

Wondering if any first time adult application people could help,

my partners first Garda witness form was rejected because the Garda didn't record it in the log book, they signed and stamped it though.

So he submitted a new one and he made sure to ask the Garda please record in the log book, so we're assuming it's been recorded now, the Garda also signed and dated the form, however he didn't stamp the form with the station stamp.

Anyone else not get the Garda identity witness form stamped was ok? I'm thinking since supposedly it's in the log book it should be fine

also it mentions nowhere on the form that it has to be stamped, just that it has to be witnessed, dated and signed. I still worry as first time applications are such a long process I feel like this could delay it

my sons witness and consent form was only signed and dated by the Garda, no stamp but it was logged in the book but definitely no stamp and it didn’t affect the application. Hopefully that puts your mind at ease.

Also on the online consent forms there is no place for a stamp.

Thanks that helps! And yeah I'm hoping since it's in logbook (supposedly according to the Garda!) it's will be fine. And yeah same on the adult Garda witness form there's no space requiring a stamp!. Thanks again

• Advertisement

Once they take note in the logbook you should be fine, my sons was definitely not stamped and it all went through fine. I did panic then incase when they rang the Garda station the Garda who signed wouldn’t be on shift but I was informed that’s why it’s in the log book so another Garda can confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Timeline of my Baby daughters first time passport applied from Belfast.

10/12/21 - Sent application.

15/12/21 - Documents recieved and getting verified.

08/02/22 - Application being processed.

21/02/22 - Estimated issue date.

03/03/22 - Printing.

03/03/22 - Dispatched and received next day.

I got onto there webchat a few times after estimated issue date just to see if it can be moved a bit quicker, one i chatted to was really helpfull and said she would get onto the relevent department so try and get it hurried, the other guy i chatted to was a complete toss pot who didn't want to help at all.

The reason it took a bit longer i'm thinking is because we live in Northern Ireland and my wife is non-eu, i'm originally from the south with an Irish passport.

Hope this helps other.

I contacted my local TD yesterday who responded to me saying that they chased up my application and they were told not to bother contacting them again until 15th of April. They might at that time expedite it. So that is no good to me as I wont get it in time then. The little glimmer of hope I had with others being returned before the due date has been quashed!

Any idea why they say April 15th? Is that your estimate issue date?

No my due date is 21st of April. This is much later than the allowed 40 working days, An Post state it was delivered on 02 Feb but they said they received it on 11 Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's not an "allowed" length of time. It's an expected/average/target. Applications take as long as they take.

Honest mistake Caranica.....no need to be all up in arms over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

To be fair they just gave you some info. Didn’t spot any ‘up in arms’ comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Craftylee

Hi folks,

I've been contacted by passport service asking for me to send them my original UK passport. I'm due to travel at end of April and I'm wondering if that would give me enough time to receive it back?

Crazy how a newly naturalized citizen needs to send there original passport along with PPS card etc - I've had my identity confirmed so many times by solicitors, Garda. I guess none of these departments actually talk to each other.

• Advertisement

Hey my partner is also currently applying as a first time Irish naturlised citizen.

He sent in his orginal country passport along with other docs in January, and they got sent back in February and said the garda didn't complete the log book for the indentity form, fair enough, but they also said he needs to send a PPS card, even though legally the PPS card isn't required. None the less he obeyed and sent it.

But yes you'll need to send your original passport, and no it's not too likely to receieve it back before April, my boyfriend recieved his orginal docs back at end of February, after they asked for new Garda witness form and PPS card, presumedly because they scanned the orginal documents into the system already so didn't need them anymore they just needed PPS and Garda form now, even though they didn't issue the Irish passport yet,

but this isn't usally how it's done, usually you receive your original documents within 20 working days AFTER Irish passport is issued, but in his case he got it before but it's not usual. It's possible but I think not likely unfortunately

Advertisement