Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

That's great news!, can I ask was it first time application for a child or and adult? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sunshine2022

First time child straight forward both parents irish born in Ireland. Once it goes to processing and they have everything seems to zoom by. overtime is helping so fingers crossed the tracker updates soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Craftylee

Hi folks,

My supporting docs for a first time passport were received on the 2nd Feb, but online tracking still says they're waiting to receive them. Anything i should be concerned about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We applied for first time passport for little one, application submitted Jan 13th, Docs delivered 19th Jan, still saying we need to supply supporting docs.

Spoke to them last week, they said its a glitch on system, they have the docs but are unable to check if ok as they've not been uploaded yet.

Estimated delivery date of March 29th was given

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

I’m not really buying the glitch in the system. My niece’s application went in 6 business days after ours and it said verifying after 4 business days. Sunshine 2022’s application was updated to verifying quite quickly too.

anyone not get to verifying quickly but have a good outcome regardless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Glitch in the system could relate to a single device, so some applications' statuses are updating and others aren't. It doesn't have to be a universal glitch to exist.

Thanks for that. A glitch would be great. They told me last week that they had my docs, they hadn’t been scanned and when my application was “processed on to the system”, my tracker would update. I took from that that no update on tracker meant no progress but it might not mean that at all. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Hi,

I applied for a passport renewal for my son (we live in Spain) , I made the stupid mistake of sending the ID witness document by Correos post (registered) and this has gone missing.

Received application Feb 4, as of today still looking for the supporting docs.

When I track that on correos the last update is Feb 10th .... so it's fairly certain those documents are gone.

Anyone know can I send a scan of this document to the passport office ? or a fax?

Or even better if I can take the actual document to the Irish consulate office here?

Post edited by cannonballTaffyOjones on

Also seems impossible to get through to the helpline, or the webchat, even when it's green i fill in the chat topic info and it just times out ...

Anyone get through to either ?

I’ve gotten through by phone twice. If you get the recording of the woman, you are not getting through. If you get the recording of the man, you are getting through.

I rang over and over and over (times about 130) and got nowhere. Had more success in trying every once in a while. I either got through on the first ring or not at all.

good luck!

• Advertisement

Don't know what's going on, it used to be easy to get through ...

Partner applied January 6th first time adult application, got email today saying the guard did not fill in the details in the log book 🙄 so that needs to be done again, also got told need to supply a copy of PSC, even though he sent off his passport from another country, so this was enough for apply, in the application process it says you need psc, OR passport from another country to apply, so this is ridiculous, he doesn't have a valid PSC card so this will delay the process, even though legally the passport office scrapped needing a PSC if you supply a passport (from another country) as proof of identification. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You’d be much quicker contacting the consul there. They’ll have contacts through the embassy that you won’t. That should be your first call

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

If the passport office haven’t received the document, your only option is to send another hard copy…to the passport office.

An absolute disgrace the way they got rid of the Q system when calling or using the webchat, basically it's impossible to get through.

So they took my 40E but are denying my son (an irish citizen) a passport.

It's a disgrace, just as well he has a spanish ID so can travel on that - what do people do when they need a passport urgently ?

oh yes the jinx worked, got through to webchat ... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They're not denying him a passport, his application is incomplete. It's not your fault but it's certainly not the passport office's either

They say the tracker system is banjanxed and not to trust the info there ....

lets see...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Applied online for my baby’s first passport - sent in documents on 9th Feb and Passport Tracker updated today saying that they’ve received them and are being processed. Due 26th April so let’s see 😬🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Finally a change on status of our little ones first passport.

Applied Jan 13th and up until Friday was saying that documents were still required.

Now its in processing with a due date of March 31st

• Advertisement

Oh great to hear this, the updates are so helpful. We’re 2 weeks behind you and still stuck at the send in your docs bit. Hope your application goes well!

Has anyone been sent back documents before passport issued?

My parner applied for first time adult passport Jan 6th, then 17th feb got email to say Garda didn't fill in the log book so have to resubmit that and the PSC.

And now today 22nd we received his orginal documents back in the post (the ones we sent on Jan 6th, passport,proof of address etc etc)

I'm assuming it's because they've already logged and scanned these documents onto their system? Since now they're just waiting for him to send a new Garda witness form and copy of PSC (we're currently waiting for PSC to arrive before sending the new Garda witness form and PSC to them)

Anyone have this? Where documents returned before Irish passport issued? Thanks

A good news update from a friend. Applied in early January for 2 first time kids passports. Original expected date of arrival was 9 March (they had a trip booked for the following week)

Last week they got a call from the passport office as it wasn’t clear which pictures belonged to which kid (both girls, about 18 months between them). Parents able to sort it out on the phone

passports arrived today. 2 weeks ahead of original schedule. About 7 weeks after initially submitting online

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have the (first time Child applicant) form signed by the Garda. But I'm just after realising that the forms were printed back to back and not on single sheets.

Would it be ok if I just re-printed the sheets and sent them as 4 separate sheets, including the signed one by the Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sunshine2022

First time child passport applied 31/12/2021 Docs scanned 6/1/2022 and passport delivered today 2 weeks early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

My friend lost the passport card after booking a flight.

He won’t report it because he thinks if his passport is cancelled he won’t get a new one on time for going away.

He also said the expiry date on the card and the number on the card are different to the number and dates on his passort book.

I thought the passport card is supposed to be the same as the passport? Just smaller and lighter

No. Different number. Card can only be valid for 5 years while passport book is likely valid for 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

Hey all, I posted in a first-time passport application (after starting the process online) for my baby daughter on February 11th. The website is saying that “The application number entered does not exist in our database.” The An Post tracking number says that it doesn’t exist either. Is this just how the system works? Or has the application been lost?

• Advertisement

Finally ... updates, they received the documents that were in postal limbo for 14 days .... and application status has updated to processing and estimated delivery of mid march ... so fingers crossed will get it by Easter..

Advertisement