Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

First time adult application as naturalised Irish citizen current time line

Jan 6: submitted online application

Jan 10: sent supporting docs

Jan 11: website updates to docs received, and estimate date is 15th march

February 14: status changed from 'docs received', to just 'processing'

Feb 17: received email saying the Garda didn't complete the Garda witness form correctly (didn't complete log book), and they also requested a copy of the public service card.

Feb 18: tracker changes to 'alert' about needing those documents

Feb 22: recieved back in the post from passport office all the original supporting docs that were sent back in January, birth cert, orginal country passport etc (didn't include any reason why they retuend them, we assume because they scanned them on the system already)

Feb 24: sent the new Garda witness form and copy of public service card to the passport office, delivered by an post on the 28th February

March 2: tracker changes to processing the extra docs received and verifying them, and new estimate date of 25th of March given

Today: tracker still says docs received/verifing document's. Hoping maybe this week there is a change in the progress as the estimate date is 25th, but don't have high hopes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paulrwhelan

Hey Everyone,

Timeline below for my mams first time application below.

Hope this gives some of you some hope in getting yours sooner than later!

Today

21/03/2022

Dispatched

Your Passport Book was posted on 21/03/2022

4 days ago

17/03/2022

Printing

Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately

6 days ago

15/03/2022

Processing application

Your application is being processed

1 week ago

14/03/2022

Processing application

We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

1 week 5 days ago

09/03/2022

Alert

We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

2 weeks 2 days ago

05/03/2022

Processing application

1 month 1 week 4 days ago

08/02/2022

Processing application

We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

1 month 2 weeks 6 days ago

30/01/2022

Alert

We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Thanks for that.

My son’s first time application changed to processing on 4 March. They got the docs on 4 Feb. Zero movement since then and they still haven’t phoned our witness. Fingers crossed this is our week

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chantal88

Hi

Applied for a passport renewal last Sunday evening 2 days ago.

Yesterday the status was in the morning already printing and yesterday evening the status was already "Your passport has been posted".

On the passport tracking page of DFA it gave me a ANPost tracking number, but until now I have not been able to track it on the ANPost website?

I live in Spain and it has to be sent here but how come it has not updated yet?

I was always used that the ANPost system would update it the same day once it passes a first scan.

Just these things like this make me nervous as its a very important document.

Anybody know if this is normal?

Thanks

Has your an post tracking updated yet? Sometimes there is a delay with tracking appearing on the website so I wouldn't worry too much, and occasionally the letter can miss a scan, and then only pick up as scan at the next step, id say by now you should have a scan on it by an post?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the tracking has still not updated up until now. It still does not show up anywhere.

After a lot of trouble I got in contact with An Post, who told me to contact the DFA office. Which I did, finally got a hold of them after trying for nearly 3 hours. Basically what I was told was :

The passport has been sent out, and due to it needing to be sent overseas sometimes it can take a while before anything shows up. Also told me, that An Post sometimes takes a bit longer to scan items and process them.

Anyone else had this experience? Because it is kind of nerv-wrecking. Would be reassuring to know if someone else had this happen before, and all went smooth in the end.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I think you're panicking way too soon. An Post can take days to scan national post sometimes, not to mind international post. It was only posted two days ago. Give it a week at least

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

1st time child password application:

-9/12/2022 - Online application submitted

-20/01/2022 - Support documents delivered to passport office, (had to resend as first letter was lost in post) We Irish living overseas moving home permanently on 9 April.

-21/01/2022 – we have received your supporting documents we are now verifying (*estimated issue date 23/03/2022)

-22/03/2022 - we have received your supporting documents we are now verifying (*estimated issue date 23/03/2022) still

-23/03/2022 - we have received your supporting documents we are now verifying (*estimated issue date 23/03/2022) still

So what does anyone think?, do I have a chance of getting it  issued any day soon?, I’m concerned it has never changed to “processing”.

When you call the number ( and never get through ) it says on the voice message you can escalate the issue if you travel dates in within 4 weeks.

Has any one done this? we are now passed the estimated issue date of 23/03/2022

over all the lack of update is the most frustrating thing, nd that on line tracker means nothing.

My partners first time adult application is estimate tomorrow, but it's still saying 'we received your docs and now verifing' also never changed to just 'processing' like yours, it due tomorrow so I doubt it actually comes. Seems the tracker doesn't mean anything untill the item is actually posted! All we can do is wait, I've never got through to customer service before, I've has a few tweets answered but they don't asnwered personal questions about applications

So today its still the same story!

Impossible to track my supposed posted passport to Spain.

I mean I did the online renewal Sunday evening.

It was printing Monday morning.

And Monday evening it stated Dispatched with a An Post tracking code.

Since then as it's not possible to track my passport I have called First An Post who told me they did not get the passport yet as else it would have been scanned.

Then called DFA they say it must be An Post.

Waited again and today called again first An Post, they gave some story that it must be a back log in the Passport Service their mailroom.

And that they for sure won't have the passport yet else it would have been scanned.

Then called the DFA AGAIN!

Who say that the mailroom story is nothing he ever heard before?

Ok I understand it updated to dispatched on Monday evening, but as far as I can remember it should have been in the tracking system by now after 3 days.

It just makes me crazy nervous to know such a sensitive document is missing in action, and nobody can clarify nothing.

In the meantime my passport that I still have is now cancelled they told me at the DFA so im stuck here in Spain without a valid Passport.

For the curious folks here the tracking I was provided by the DFA on the Status page: RY221568035IE

I have put the tracking number in any parcel tracking scanner there is and nothing!

but what makes me sick is just the way at the DFA and AnPost they really don't even bother with the issue that something as sensitive as this it missing and should have already been available in the system.

• Advertisement

You need to stop panicking. And calling, and searching. Oh and posting your tracking number on an internet forum. Like I said earlier, give it a week. Half the country has Covid at the moment and everywhere is short staffed. Worrying won't get it to you any faster.

That I need to stop worrying yes I agree and that it won't get it to me faster agree also on this.

But what confuses me is that it should have been scanned by now?

And then AN Post and DFA contradicting each other makes it just plain annoying.

I mean sounds weird but now I know my current passport has been cancelled as a new one is on the way I feel like trapped in case I should travel for a family emergency or something.

Its just confusing everything went so fast from the applying on Sunday to printed and posted on Monday and now its lost in limbo....

It's not lost, it's just not scanned. I've had emails before from companies I've ordered from with tracking numbers that haven't activated for days, it's not a conspiracy, it happens. The tracking number shows up when the passport is packed, then it goes into a mail sack with hundreds of others. Sacks get collected by An Post and then they start to process them. It's entirely possible for neither An Post nor the passport office to be able to say where it is, especially with international mail - they would be different sacks and wouldn't fill as quickly so it may not have left the passport office the day the tracking says it did.

I'm as protective of my passport as you but you've got to trust the system.

If there's a family emergency you can get emergency travel documents, you're not trapped.

Thanks makes a lot of sense and calms me a lot your explanation.

Just that nagging thought of it being lost maybe drives me crazy!

Well with the tracking number public here, the first to announce here in this topic that its traceable on the tracking system gets from me gifted a nice 50 Euro Amazon voucher! :-)

Lets hope it's soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

If the witness that singed the application has had a phone call from passport office today . How long after that is the passport likly to be issued?

Anyone have exsperance of this ? Tks

We have your post in, DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

Your post has left An Post, DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RY221568035IE

Tracked your post, they scanned it! Not to worry now!

So have some movement today! It changed to just processing! Before that it was stuck on verifying documents for 3 weeks, and funny enough today is the estimate issue date, 25th march, so I hope it all go wells, all they have to process is the Garda witness form and the PSC (that's a the documents sent this time needed for verification, other doc already verifed) I really hope the Garda put eveything in the log book..

Today

25/03/2022

Processing application

3 weeks 2 days ago

02/03/2022

Processing application

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Following with interest, great you got some movement at last.

Post edited by Fairin on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is it still just a couple days for a simple adult online renewal?

Yeah should be a few working days if it's simple renewal

• Advertisement

Ay, some good news my partners first time passport is printing now! First applied 6th of Jan, orgianl estimate date was 15th march then it later moved to 25th of March because Garda didn't sign the log book. And now it's printing!

Here's full timeline copied from tracker, hopefully since it's printing it gets disptached today or Monday

Today

25/03/2022

Printing

Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately

Today

25/03/2022

Processing application

3 weeks 2 days ago

02/03/2022

Processing application

1 month 5 days ago

18/02/2022

Alert

1 month 1 week 2 days ago

14/02/2022

Processing application

2 months 1 week 6 days ago

11/01/2022

Processing application

2 months 2 weeks 4 days ago

06/01/2022

Alert

Today

25/03/2022

Printing

Your Passport Card is being printed

Today

25/03/2022

Dispatched

Your Passport Book was posted on 25/03/2022

Passport book now dispatched! and apprently card is printing too! No an post tracking number too, does this come later does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭TheRona

Travelling on March 31st. Applied really late for a child renewal. Looking promising that we'll have it in time.

My timeline:

Today

25/03/2022

Dispatched

Your Passport Book was posted on 25/03/2022

25/03/2022

Printing

24/03/2022

Processing application

14/03/2022

Processing application

We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents

09/03/22

Posted in supporting docs

03/03/2022

Applied online

Hey my partners passport was dispatched today too, just wondering did you get a AnPost tracking number to track it? I didn't so just wondering if that's normal for other people

Yeah, the tracking number shows in the tracking on the passport website. It hasn't been scanned yet, though.

Oh ok thanks, no tracking number for us on the passport website, just says dispatched, that's a bit concerning but I'll see what happens.

That's not late for a child renewal. The delays are first time passports

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Providing all documents are submitted, photo is ok, and no mistakes on form, should be sent to print within 24 hours

It is late based on

• Other people I know who applied weeks ahead of us and only just received theirs
    • The estimated processing date of April 6th
    • The 15 working days estimated time to process a 'complex' renewal such as a child.

Sure, there are bigger delays for others, but it was cutting it very close.

• Advertisement

Partners first time Irish adult passport through being a naturalised citizen has arrived today in the post :) never got an AnPost track and trace number, just got told it was disptached on Friday 25th march and that's it, well it turned up this morning! Applied online Jan 6th, arrived today March 28 (estimate date of issue was 25th march, which is accurate because that's when they issued and dispatched it!)

Also when he applied for passport book he also applied for the passport card with the same application, so interesting to see when that shows up now.. I know they are sent separately

Post edited by Cookiee on

Advertisement