Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

More Kim speculation and a theory that Kim might be plotting against Jimmy and using him.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Excellent news! I didn't even know he'd been ill until I checked this thread today! Love BCS, the last few seasons in particular though, at one stage it was more 'Better call Mike'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

So can we expect a new season of BCS in 2022? 🤨

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Jayus, I will have to do a rewatch so. I have forgotten most of it.

New teaser has dropped announcing new new season. Looks like it will air on 18th April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Wow, nice. Forgot this even existed. Watched the movie 'Nobody' recently. very cool movie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Confirmed for April 18th with a double billing and weekly thereafter for the first batch of seven episodes.

Second batch of episodes (six) begin July 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I mean, what's the f*cking point of splitting up the episodes? There's maybe 6 weeks break between the first and second half, just show all in one run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They only finished filming today. I'd imagine the gap in the release is to give time to finish post production. Would you rather they waited until July and then released it all? How did you survive when shows aired once a week?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

It is once a week, apart from the first two episodes which are being broadcast together.

I have to say I much prefer it that way. It allows for more much better discussion/analysis and anticipation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Likewise, if they released them all in one batch Id binge it in a few nights. There is such nuance in this show that watching one episode a week gives a far better overall experience.

I have no issue with one per week (often prefer it that way anyway). But they're releasing 7 episodes (two in week one then one per week after), then a 6 or 7 week break, and then the final 6 episodes.

Just delay it by six weeks, then show the whole thing one episode per week without the 6 week break in the middle.

A break of less than 3 months just seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Animated series

Better Call Saul Presents Slippin' Jimmy Limited Series 

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Penn there is probably other considerations we dont know about, eg Netflix want to show the first batch, generate media interest which generates subs before the second batch. The gap gives people who arent up to date time to binge before the final six episodes. Or they could have another big show scheduled for release during that 6 week gap and dont want them to clash. Whatever it is the decision will be based on their business interests, not our viewing ones.

Like yourself Id prefer the whole lot rolled into 13 weeks but at this stage Im just glad it is finally concluding after Bob Odenkirk had a brush with death last year. It was touch and go there for a while as to whether or not BCS would get concluded at all.

Oh there's definitely probably other considerations. I'd say most likely that AMC want to try retain that timeslot for another show and hope the same people watching BCS just stays watching the channel for that timeslot. I just find it annoying. But like yourself, I'm just glad it's back and that Odenkirk was okay.

The main reason for the season split is so that it will be eligible for Emmys in two different years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i only saw the 1st season....can someone fill me in ..is it still a prequel to breaking bad ?

Yes with some 'flash forwards' of Saul/Jimmy working under another alter ego in a Cinnabon place.

In general the show is set in the early to middle bit of the 00's.

The sixth and final season is set to premiere on April 18, 2022, and will consist of 13 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not a fan of prequels - wish they just did it as a branch off of Breaking Bad - have him start a new life somewhere😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭thesultan

Not a fan? I think its a fantastic show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭Tork

I found the first season tough going at times but am glad I stuck with it. Really looking forward to the final season. I'd like to see more screen time given to the present day Saul - the glimpses of that have been pretty tantalising over the seasons. Maybe they will, seeing as they tied up Breaking Bad nicely (El Camino was an un-needed sequel IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Excited finally we will get the season soon (the wait is surreal lol).

BB is obviously my no1 show (on this planet heh), BCS actually could top it - it is a damn fine piece of work from the team. But ya, the 'slow burn' (i hate this term because it just means the team spent time for the build ups) is worse in BCS compared to BB, so definitely not for everyone - but the writings and build ups they did for BCS is on another level for me. Every episode of BCS are mental in terms of dialogue//scenes/details going on in it. Never would have thought a story on Jimmy could turn out to be a masterpiece...brings on the final (explosive) season!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Two interesting clips from Bob's interview on Howard Stern's show. First about his health scare on set

Second on the final season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yes just saw that too, goddamn the wait is finally over - 18 April cannot come soonerr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,351 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Couldn't agree more. I'm surprised there's so few people watching this though. A lot of my friends gave up after season 1, which admittedly is a bit of a slog, as is the first season of BB. BB really really took off with everyone after season 3, I'm just shocked this hasn't had the same effect. For me, it's every bit as good as BB. I can't wait for this last season, Vince Gilligan never disappoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Looking forward to the return I find it quite relaxing to watch the way it's shot. You really get immersed in that world. It reminds me of of nicer times!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Nice breakdown and some interesting theories on what we see in there trailer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭mcburns07

😍 cannot wait

Advertisement