Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭ gormdubhgorm

Yes with some 'flash forwards' of Saul/Jimmy working under another alter ego in a Cinnabon place.

In general the show is set in the early to middle bit of the 00's.

The sixth and final season is set to premiere on April 18, 2022, and will consist of 13 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭ fryup

not a fan of prequels - wish they just did it as a branch off of Breaking Bad - have him start a new life somewhere😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ Tork

I found the first season tough going at times but am glad I stuck with it. Really looking forward to the final season. I'd like to see more screen time given to the present day Saul - the glimpses of that have been pretty tantalising over the seasons. Maybe they will, seeing as they tied up Breaking Bad nicely (El Camino was an un-needed sequel IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭ seraphimvc

Excited finally we will get the season soon (the wait is surreal lol).

BB is obviously my no1 show (on this planet heh), BCS actually could top it - it is a damn fine piece of work from the team. But ya, the 'slow burn' (i hate this term because it just means the team spent time for the build ups) is worse in BCS compared to BB, so definitely not for everyone - but the writings and build ups they did for BCS is on another level for me. Every episode of BCS are mental in terms of dialogue//scenes/details going on in it. Never would have thought a story on Jimmy could turn out to be a masterpiece...brings on the final (explosive) season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭ Snake Plisken

Two interesting clips from Bob's interview on Howard Stern's show. First about his health scare on set

Second on the final season

yes just saw that too, goddamn the wait is finally over - 18 April cannot come soonerr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭ MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Couldn't agree more. I'm surprised there's so few people watching this though. A lot of my friends gave up after season 1, which admittedly is a bit of a slog, as is the first season of BB. BB really really took off with everyone after season 3, I'm just shocked this hasn't had the same effect. For me, it's every bit as good as BB. I can't wait for this last season, Vince Gilligan never disappoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭ -=al=-

Looking forward to the return I find it quite relaxing to watch the way it's shot. You really get immersed in that world. It reminds me of of nicer times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭ Snake Plisken

Nice breakdown and some interesting theories on what we see in there trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭ mcburns07

😍 cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 74,570 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston back for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 19,853 ✭✭✭✭ martyos121

Giancarlo and Vince are teasing a Gus Fring spin-off/origin:

There’s not much more to it other than that so it’s as tenuous a rumour as you can get, but I never even thought about the possibility of a Fring series and now it’s all I want. Please god let it happen at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ trashcan

Only problem with that is so much time has passed since Frings death in BB. If they do another prequel, which would have to go back even further than BCS then Giancarlo Esposito would surely be too old for the part. One of the big drawbacks for me with the El Camino movie for me was Jesse Plemons and how he had aged and particularly put on weight. It just destroyed the credibility of the timeline of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭ Penfailed

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, The Cure

Yes yes i remember, Jesse was fine to me actually, but Todd (real actor name Jesse ha) weight gain was really distracting when i was watching El Camino lol. El Camino was a nice idea but the movie release didnt play well to the strength of the team - the execution was not spot on in a 2hr movie format. Great soundtrack though whenever I think of Jesse (our jesse ha) - Black water since El Camino trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭ Buttonftw

Used to be Meth Damon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭ Spon Farmer

Where can I find a good recap of the first three seasons?

I watched season 3 just before season 4 was released but never got around to seeing it.

I remember that Jimmy had the big care home case but not how it turned out. I remember he and Kim started their own firm and the court case about whether the brother was comment to look after himself.

I’m a blank on everything else about Mike and how Gus comes into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ homingbird

What time does it hit our screens 2moro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭ -=al=-

Gona guess 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭ SureYWouldntYa

Its out tomorrow (Monday) night in the US, so be Tuesday morning for us before we get it

El Camino was basically an extra long episode of BB. Didn’t really work as a film as you say. To be fair to Jesse Piemons (Todd). The fella put the weight on purpose for his role in another project ‘Black Mass’. It was distracting though in El Camino.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭ the dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ druss

Phone alert pinged in the morning to tell me that a show has just been added that I might be interested in.........(expand alert)................."Anatomy of a Scandal".

Trolls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭ the dunne

I got a message saying someone replied to my post on this thread...

Thought it would be good news...

Damn you druss :)

Advertisement