Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Logo, I've merged this with the main BCS thread which is spoiler heavy. You'll have to navigate it carefully or avoid it.

Do check your local library for DVDs of previous seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Anyone know if 6 is coming anytime soon?

Filming starts (or is it re-starts?) early in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

For anyone who needs their Bob Odenkirk fix before Season 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZti8QKBWPo

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭vafankillar

i was naively hoping it was just going mostly ahead as normal since most of america seemed to just be pretending there was no corona virus pandemic but looking like it's gonna be september 2021 or around then when it's out

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Production starting next month on the final season and due to return in the first quarter if 2022 so over a year till it's back.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/amc-networks-better-call-saul-killing-eve-walking-dead-1234701802/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They have really dragged the arse out of this show.

Production starting next month on the final season and due to return in the first quarter if 2022 so over a year till it's back.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/amc-networks-better-call-saul-killing-eve-walking-dead-1234701802/

Thanks for the update

If it finishes as strong as recent seasons it may well be viewed better than even Breaking Bad

There's a good few who think it already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

rob316 wrote: »

Difficult in a pandemic with some elderly cast too

Not at all

Breaking Bad had 62 episodes and it looks like Better Call Saul will finish on the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I completely disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,928 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I completely disagree.

Same here...engrossing and intelligent drama. I've gotten more out of it than Breaking Bad tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm presuming those who complain about it just want the bang bang bang gangster stuff all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm presuming those who complain about it just want the bang bang bang gangster stuff all the time.

That's always what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Could be wrong but I thought he was referring to the length of time it's taking to wrap it up rather than the amount of seasons. By the time it's finished, for the same number of episodes as BB it'll have run for a lot longer.

Now, partly Covid obviously, but there have been some pretty big gaps pre-Covid as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

I’m a big fan too. Equally as good as BB I think. For fans of BB I’d recommend Sneaky Pete, which I’ve just discovered on Amazon. Co-created by Bryan Cranston (he’s in the first series as the villain) and a bit similar to BB in my view, in its pacing and twisty plot turns.

Edit, a lot of people seem to dislike Kim in BCS, but I think she’s great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

trashcan wrote: »
    I’m a big fan too. Equally as good as BB I think. For fans of BB I’d recommend Sneaky Pete, which I’ve just discovered on Amazon. Co-created by Bryan Cranston (he’s in the first series as the villain) and a bit similar to BB in my view, in its pacing and twisty plot turns.

Sneaky Pete is good.Its not on the same level as BB or BCS but it's good nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

trashcan wrote: »

That's insane that people dislike her. Rhea Seehorn robbed of more award nominations imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don’t like comparing BB and BCS personally. Instead I see BCS as extra seasons of BB and as more than able to live up to the mantle. It is essentially all the one show and story tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Can't wait to see what Lalo does next. Shame it's another year :(

I'd love in the final season it they stayed entirely in the present for the final episodes, so we get to see what really happens to Jimmy after BB. I have an image of Jimmy turning himself in, getting Kim to represent him thus reconciling with her, getting a long prison sentence, but giving all his fellow cons legal advice in jail and becoming a legend in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭vafankillar

leggo wrote: »
    I don’t like comparing BB and BCS personally. Instead I see BCS as extra seasons of BB and as more than able to live up to the mantle. It is essentially all the one show and story tbh.

same I personally just love them bott but then everytime someone mentions it i feel myself coming up with counter arguments in my head & then i'm like wtf is the point of such unecessary debates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I wasn't mad about it at the start, it was a bit slapstick to begin with and silly, and I found the whole tinfoil brother story really annoying, but the last few series are just amazing. I'd watch it just for Lalo's moustache alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wasn't mad about it at the start, it was a bit slapstick to begin with and silly, and I found the whole tinfoil brother story really annoying, but the last few series are just amazing. I'd watch it just for Lalo's moustache alone.

I liked the early season and I think the "tinfoil brother" story was key to Jimmy's pysche, character development and transformation to Saul.

I didn't expect the show to be exactly like BB and glad it's its own thing.

I think it's great tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Homelander wrote: »
    Could be wrong but I thought he was referring to the length of time it's taking to wrap it up rather than the amount of seasons. By the time it's finished, for the same number of episodes as BB it'll have run for a lot longer.

Now, partly Covid obviously, but there have been some pretty big gaps pre-Covid as well.

Thanks someone got my point atleast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

murpho999 wrote: »
    I liked the early season and I think the "tinfoil brother" story was key to Jimmy's pysche, character development and transformation to Saul.

I didn't expect the show to be exactly like BB and glad it's its own thing.

I think it's great tv.

I thought the relationship between Jimmy and his brother was very good, and as you say, pivotal in the development of his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Love the show, but it did get hella boring for a season when Jimmy's brother was the main focus, much better in later seasons when we getmore interesting characters, some old familiars and more action to boot. Can't wait for Better call Mike Saul to return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

if they were to do another spin off, id love one on either Kim or Lalo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,241 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

if they were to do another spin off, id love one on either Kim or Lalo

I think Kim/Lalo would make a great team. Power couple. She will dump Jimmy for him. That is my prediction. :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

leggo wrote: »

I think they ae quite different to say they are the one show. Overall I prefer BCS. BB got very dark in the last 2 seasons, especially the last one. More depth to BCS imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,241 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

wadacrack wrote: »
    I think they ae quite different to say they are the one show. Overall I prefer BCS. BB got very dark in the last 2 seasons, especially the last one. More depth to BCS imo

BB really did the leg work for BCS in developing the characters though. Made it much easier for BCS as most characters had some form of a story already written. So they just had to flesh out a bit of back story and fit new characters around their arc.

Only main gripe I have with BCS is those fecking montagues and loads of time sequence things they do. Going mad arty on it. I not into that stuff at all.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement