Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Nope losing his card won't affect the passport book, they're separate and different numbers, definitely report it lost and get a new one, passport book will remian valid

I've seen a few people with this same problem on Twitter, passport office hasn't said why this happens. So I presume it's an error in their system, although I don't know because they haven't said anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Submitted first time baby passport via passport express January 13th, got it today. 6 week turnaround. Was expecting a lot longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Yes our birth certs were all sent back together with Baba's passport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 pippypip

Hi all, just wanted to give a good news story on a first time application. Applied online on Jan 3rd. Sent docs on Jan 10th and they were received and being verified on Jan 17th. On Feb 17th the status changed to processing and today it says it has been dispatched!! Our estimated date was March 22nd. We are traveling before then and we were in a panic about it coming as like so many others didn’t realize the delay. We did contact our local td who got in touch with the passport office on our behalf - sent in a form to a contact they all have from what I can make out. I also rang the customer service hub (took 97 attempts to get through) but they couldn’t do anything. So hopefully the extra staff they said they are hiring are in place and things are speeding up.

New PSC arrived today, so will be sending that off with the new Garda witness form, hope this new Garda actually logged it in the log book this time!

I have a question though does anyone know for photo copy of PSC does the copy of front and back need to be on the same page? Or do I copy each side to a separate page?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShaneKelly26

1st time application for son eventually moved to processing today🙏had applied 16/01/22 estimated date of 1/04/22🤞

Got a hold of the passport office, each side has to be photo copied on to separate pages, so front on one page, back on another. Incase anyone also has to photocopy their public service card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi,

I have a question regarding the online passport application cover page. I'm renewing my daughter's and son's passports, and I wanted to know if I should add my son's application number in the box located in my daughter's application cover page and vice versa? Are they using this box to ensure that all applications from the same family are processed at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

You should add the numbers of all the other applications, although I’ve heard that unless the checker sees this, their system can’t link the applications to each other so one of the applications could progress and the other could be a few days later depending on the types of applications

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Sent documents to passport office, using the label they provide, and it still says 'your post was accepted in' no further movement, seems an post lost it? Because it's express post it should be there already.

Anyone else have no movement on their documents in an post system once they sent them?

Hopefully yours is updated and sorted soon 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭sporina

been trying to renew my passport online and while I was trying to do so, it quit on me twice - saying the session has expired.. gee I was doing it as fast as I could - anyone else find this?

Took over a month with online application and sending documents to go from awaiting documentation to processing 🙈

I mean in the an post network, using their prepaid label how long did delivery take from when you posted it to when an post said it delivered? Should be next day so I think an post lost it/never scanned it again

I applied online 16/01/22 posted docs 18/01/22 were received 19/01/22 and no update until yesterday 🤷‍♂️

woo hoo.. passport renewed on line.. took a few go's with the selfie.. but got there in the end.. 3rd time lucky.. now lets see how long it takes.. though not traveling till Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭FreshCoffee

Just received new (renewal) passport and passport card. I signed the passport book as required no problem but I can't seem to sign the passport card. I am using a regular ballpoint pen (which I use daily for normal use) but when I try to sign the passport card it's like trying to sign a shiney piece of plastic. No ink appears and even if it did it's like it would just easily wipe off? Has anyone else had this problem? Should I try and get an indelible felt pen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Had no problem signing mine, try another pen

twas 3rd time lucky for me with the digital photo.. on the 1st 2 they didn't say why they wer not successful.. they shud.. twas pot luck with the 3rd one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

My son’s passport will expire 11 days after he turns 18. Should I renew his passport now or wait until he turns 18.

This is the same son that I posted a few weeks back Re: wanting to remove his middle name on his new passport as currently it has his birth certificate names on it, he just wants to have his 1st Name & Surname on it, no problem having his birth cert name in observation but want to be able to change his PPSN to 1st name & surname - big thanks to all who advised re same.

TIA

It's up to him really, he can do it while 17 and it'll last 5 years and be slightly cheaper, or he can do it when he's 18 and it'll last 10 years, he won't have issue getting an adult passport since he's had a passport before this isn't the first Irish passport or anything.

Edit: actually sorry, with the child passport you have to compelete a child identity and consent form so there's more hassle with renewing when he's 17, might be better to wait till 18, and send off birth cert so he can get observation of full name, and then just drop the middle name from the 'name to appear on passport' section of the online application.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

this is our second first-time passport application because previous one was too long on their system. Till now I even didn't received refund for this application.

• 28.11.2021 - application received
    • 30.11.2021 - documentation received
    • 14/02/2022 The estimated* issue date for your Passport

till now status still this same "Processing application" this is just a joke

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Definitely wait til he turns 18. No messing about with consent forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nixo1421

In general when tracker flicks to ‘printing’ how long does it take for the book to be dispatched?

when I renewed mine a few months ago it was disptached a few hours after printing, so I imagine it's not more than a few days max

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nixo1421

My sons first time application changed to printing on Saturday morning, which is fantastic as my estimated date was the end of March but I had someone tell me it could take another month, I thought that seemed quite long if it were already printing.

• Advertisement

Mine was adult renewal a few months ago and yeah like I said the status changed after a few hours and was disptached. Maybe it's different for child application? But I don't imagine why since it's already been approved, hopefully you see it disptached by Monday since it's already printing

Advertisement