Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Pizza-style buns.

Essentially floury baps, filled with gouda, mozzarella and mushrooms fried with garlic and oregano, then brushed with garlic butter and baked. Next time, I'll throw in some jalapenos and olives, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

@Shenshen they look tasty!

Chili beef and cheesy chips for me tonight!

The sour cream is needed, laced a bit too much chili sauce in it

Also i think the photos get turned around when they are over 4mb(top is over bottom is below 4)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Deconstructed fish pie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

Had Corned Beef for the 1st time this eve (at a mate's) - yum.. didn't think I would like it at all as not a big red meat eater,.. but twas like Gammon (boiled ham).. served with turnip and cabbage and smashed regular and sweet potato with skin on.. comfort food.. yum

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Corned beef can be delicious. I've only rediscovered it in the last few years, too.

Some is better than others. O' Mahony's in the English Market is the best I've tasted.

Parsley sauce or mustard sauce is great with it, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Chili Con Carne with Jalepeno garnish. Usually I just use an Old El Passo packet, but this is from scratch and is nicer.

Chicken, chorizo and butterbeans in a tomato based sauce, with pasta.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

In what form is the corned beef from O' Mahony's sold TBR?

(I've just bought the cold sliced form from Lidl for sambo purposes (it's hard to find elsewhere)).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Butchers corned beef is a very different beast to the sliced luncheon meat variety.

It comes as a cut of meat, similar to ham or bacon and is cooked in the same way. It is, to all intents and purposes, the beef version of ham.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Beef and Portobello Mushroom pies.

Very cheap to make really......one tray of Beef Cubes, 4 Portobello mushrooms and I threw in a few spoons of Red Lentils.

• Advertisement

Duck with mash, tenderstem broccoli and gravy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Nice. How did you cook the duck?

It was confit duck that we bought from Tesco and just needed to heat in the oven 🙈 It's super tasty though, I highly recommend it! The fat is perfectly rendered and the skin is crisp.

Starter: Spring rolls with dipping sauce.

Main: Baked salmon with noodles and veg.

Dessert: Homemade gooey chocolatey brownies (with a little chopped walnut for texture) and vanilla ice-cream.

@woodchuck the salmon looks fab

Thanks ... but again, Tesco can take the credit for that one 😂🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken Fricessée with Olive Sourdough Fougasse

Chilli Marrakech with a side of couscous and topped with freshly chopped coriander.

Having another homemade brownie for dessert again soon 🤤

• Registered Users Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I had a leftover stick of Pok Choy, so rather than risk it going to waste, it's Thai green chicken curry again.

@woodchuck again that looks and sounds fab..

• Advertisement

Thanks! I think I'd only made it once before a long time ago, but it's super tasty, so must make it more often. This is the recipe if you're interested (but I scaled the quantity of the ingredients waaay back!):

Having the leftovers tonight 🤤

yum - thanks - left overs always taste better hmm

Chicken breast on the bone, with a tasty marinade and stuffed with a piece of black pudding (from the butcher as opposed to Tesco this time 🙈). Served with masked potato and honey roasted carrots and parsnips.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Black rice (with shrimp paste, garlic & kecap manis), fresh porcini and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Experiment with air-fryer roast potatoes. I overdid them a little (a good bit), maybe a few minutes less at a slightly lower temp and they'd be grand. Crispiness was excellent, just a tad over. Pepper sauce was a packet, average at best.

Steak was nice though.

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

How did you do the roasties? I think they look perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

all looks really yum dave. Kinda what I had in mind for this eve! Btw, I think the Spice of life pepper sauce is one of the better sauces out there. Can I ask, whats the veg side there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Roasties were parboiled for 6 minutes, dried, tossed in oil salt and pepper, then 30 or so minutes in the air fryer at 200.

Side is cabbage and diced carrot sauteed together in an arseload of butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Big roast here.

Wouldn't want to be eating this every night like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Airfry roasties are the best, mine always come out perfect.

Advertisement