Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Took a first stab at a FH team last night quite like the look of it but not sold.

10/11 DGWers with a couple DWGers on the bench just in case.

Ramsdale (Foster)

TAA, Semedo, Tierney, Robertson (Amartey)

Zaha, Salah (C), Coutinho (Westwood, Sarr)

Weghorst, Lacazette, Jimi.

Such a pity this year the forwards are just generally poor, I feel I would just be relying quite heavily on defensive points as the trio of Weg, Laca & Jimi don't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Current line up would be 5 DGWers.

Sanchez (DDG)

Cancelo, Dias, TAA, Reguilon, Coufal

Bowen, Coutinho, Salah

Dennis, Antonio

Most likely I'd go Salah TC and bring Tierney in for Coufal for a -4.

Very undecided, Reguilon doubts around starting 2 games, 1 against City. Bowen was/is flagged at some stage, might be nothing. Dennis and Antonio form are awful.

I'll have Salah (C) regardless just afraid he could easily rack up 30 points and I'd miss out on those sweet TC points if I went FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Would you not be happy just to play the City defenders in your current team?

My current team is this:

Ramsdale (DDG)

Cancelo Dias Laporte TAA (Livramento)

Salah(TC) Jota Raphinha Bowen Ramsey

Dennis (Antonio) (DCL)

I have made one transfer already, Bruno out for Salah.

I have had a look at doing a free hit but none of the double teams inspire me at all bar Liverpool and maybe Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Jota out changes a lot for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wouldn't say happy but wouldn't be against it.

Spurs are in awful form against the best side in the league, just feel they could sneak a goal and then I'd be looking at 4 points from Dias/Cancelo. Upside obviously could be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I would be interested in an Arsenal player but looking at my team it would be either Tierney in for Livramento or Lacazette for DCL. If you were doing the free hit would you not try and get Son in and maybe downgrade one of the strikers. I know Spurs are playing bad but as you say if they score against City he will probably have had something to do with it. He has only blanked once in the last 8 matches he has played in and that was the one against Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

There is so much you could do but it will come down to you.

I think a FH on that team will get you around 30+ extra points & I think a TC on Salah will get you ~20.

You could also wildcard & set your team up for success & use the TC later on, BB in 36 and 2 FH around the 31-35 bracket.

Like realistically you would be getting rid of 2 FWD’s, 4 Midfielders & 1 Defender & 1 GK on a FH there. That’s 8 players. I know Salah won’t outscore 8 players. Defo FH would be my call

If you want me to pull together a FH team I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DublinWexican

Podence should go well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What are people with both King and Dennis doing? I'm sick of looking at them and I'd have to bench Cancelo and Digne to start them . Even though Digne will probably let me down again, he has a higher ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

If you have the time and inclination I'd welcome it :-)

I have 1.3M ITB as well.

Have been fiddling around with transfers there and nothing looks good so far without heading into -8 territory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Free Hit Team. Starting 11 are DGW players -

Ramsdale

TAA, Robbo, Tierney

Saka, Salah(c), Son, Neves

Weghorst, Jimi, Dennis

Subs - Sanchez, Pieters(DGW), Bowen, Coufal

I'm not settled on my starting 11 and still might change out 1 or 2. I've really grown to not like Dennis for example. Real selection headaches now and it's hard to drop Bowen given his current form.

Hopes

Salah does well but doesn't go completely nuts.

City rotation justifies not selecting any

Expectations

Red arrow 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Going with a FH over TC - I had forgotten I accidentally played my TC on Dennis a few weeks back when he got a -1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m playing Cancelo ahead of King. Will sell one of the gruesome twosome for Broja next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Have all my chips, plan at this moment is to put TC on Salah and take a -4 of Livra -> Tierney & Jota -> Saka, this will give me 6 DGW players. Not sure 6 DGW players is enough and not sure if taking a hit more than -4 while still having all the chips left makes sense - anyone care to share if this is a TC or FH opp!

Will end up starting with this if taking a -4

Lloris

TAA Cancelo Tierney

Salah Saka Bowen Ramsey Bruno

Dennis Maupay Antonio

I can get a team like this .. can you?

Ramsdale (Foster)

Trent Robbo Tierney (Koch, fodder player)

Salah (c) Son Raphina Cornet Odegaard

Jimi Kane (Gelhardt)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I only have five of them on my free hit. Raphina was poor v Everton last week and taken off at ht. Can see Robertson playing only one game too

Robbo was suspended & had a winter break. The chap has had ample time to recover & Klopp will want (rhythm) going into the final. Robbo will start both.

Robbo has been Liverpools best player (along with Virg) over the last number of weeks. He has monster scores & could easily put 2 more bsck to back. Again he was the one who provided the assist in the San Sito midweek.

If you are on a FH & you don’t have 3 Liverpool players then your playing the game wrong - if it is not Robbo - who is it? Big Virg?

The HT subs is an isolated incident. Raphina is top top level & Leeds raise there games when up against the “bigger” opposition. Leeds will run all over Man United. Raphina is also the pen taker.

If you didn’t want to go with Raph or Cornet you could always go with Sarr from Watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Stuck deciding between Dennis/Laporte/Cucurella and Gallagher on who to start and places on bench. Currently have them in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going Trent Salah and firmino myself. Have cornet but think Coutinho could outscore him in one game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Happy enough with my team this week. But to play TC on Salah of not?????

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Using my free hit this week, would Kane or Son be better? Have kane at the moment

Ramsdale

Taa Cancelo Tierney Robbo

Salah(c) Raphinha Bowen

Kane Dennis Lacca

Bench fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hit the FT button, draft team so far

Ramsdale

TAA Robbo Gabreiel Semedo

Raph Cornet Saka Salah

Kane Jiminez

Foster, Rodriguez, Bowen, Veltman

Any suggestions or tips most welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Bruno to Mane for a -4 completely crazy for someone who would probably be playing FH in 27 (I won’t make the transfer if I decide I’m not playing it next week)?

Bruno has a good game vs Leeds this week but Mane has the same one at home aswell as Norwich at home. Jota injury increases his expected minutes and his 28 and 29 fixtures are a little bit better than United’s (still not amazing).

Would feel a bit mad to be without 3 Liverpool this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’d be finding a way to fit Mane into my FH team personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ive already taken a -4 to bring in Salah and White. Jota injured now.

Safe option is just to play Bernardo instead of Jota.

A more risky option is to bring Mane in for Bruno for another -4...

Madness?!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Like the look of that, however I've no idea who Jimi is?!

I would start Bowen ahead of the Burnley player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Looking like

Ramsdale

Cancelo White TAA

Bowen Salah (C -TC) Saka Sterling (VC) J.Ramsey

Saint-Maxime Watkins

Bench

De Gea Digne Dalot Idah (

Advertisement