Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your dad is dead, your budgie is too: The (Valentine's) Late Late Show-Friday 11th February 2022

• 10-02-2022 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

I guess there's nothing new in Valentine's Day specials in Castle Montrosia, even Gaybo gave a slightly patronising nod and a "hmph" to the whole thing, over the years, as evidenced by this cover from the staff circular, dating back to '81.

This Friday, following a call to arms a couple of weeks ago, Ichabod will be bringing the singletons of Ireland together, free of restrictions, good taste, and humour, to celebrate 14/2/'22.

I don't see the usual blurb up on RTE.ie for this one, so I'll refer to an article from two weeks ago where they were looking for participants.

"Be still our beating hearts, The Late Late Show Valentine's Special is back! Here's how you can be part of the most passionate night on Irish TV.

Calling on singletons and loved-up couples, The Late Late Show Valentine's Special will be taking place on Friday, 11 February and whether you are looking for love or have an extraordinary tale of amore to tell, the The Late Late Show wants to hear from you."

I guess they didn't pay much heed to the twitterati reviews from TWO TWO ONE (cf. Duffoon) then?

Back to this year...

"Speaking about what is sure to be a night of fun and frolics host Ryan Tubridy said: "It has got to be one of the sure signs that things are going back to normal when The Late Late Show invites the most loved-up couples and single people of Ireland to the studio in the name of love.

Regardless of who you are or where you are from, regardless of what age, what orientation, what music choice or what hair colour you have – it doesn’t matter in the slightest, you are all welcome to participate in our show for our St Valentine’s Special. So, if you are searching for love or want to express your love for your special someone. You may find exactly what you need on The Late Late Show, so get busy applying!"

In somewhat more gratifying news, the Tommedian (despite seeing a drop in viewers himself) delivered something of a wedgie to a chastened Hobbidy behind the bike sheds last week.

Comments

Advertisement