Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I put in a Revolt card there and it went through, I don't have much money on that so would prefer to go through my credit card, I'm going to call them to get it sorted, might be an issue with Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Where are you pre ordering it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Samsung website I would imagine, think there was a link on the previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Vodafone have it available for pre-order for new customers but not existing customers. Time for a switch to three.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ordering it directly from Samsung, bit annoying that they won't take my money but there's a few weeks anyway and I thought it'll sell out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭jv2000

I would second this. Based on recent experience (for the Watch 4) I would not trade-in again. I know there is an element of simplicity over selling privately but don't forget about CEX, better price than the trade-in offer from Samsung but not as much as you would get selling privately - far less hassle than a private sale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I always use the trade in.Looked at CEX earlier and the Samsung trade in is better.

Hate the private selling, I'd rather take less than having to deal with time wasters.

Any promo codes around for the phones this year?

Iirc there was a promo code available last year .

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭jv2000

Actually you are right, Samsung are not being as stingy with their trade in offer this time. Looks like I could get about €40 more from the trade-in.

Still though, when you put your phone into that envelope and send it back it enters the black hole of the unknown. Usually it takes about 4 months or so to hear back from them if there is an issue. This is just my own bad experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Galaxy Buds Pro are the pre-order bonus, reasonable enough I supposed. Better than store credit that some regions get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Going with the 1TB in Phantom white with Z fold trade in @ €840

Any word on ship date?

I'm assuming the Ultra is dual SIM...but

*Availability of dual SIM may vary depending on country or carrier.

Hi all

Maybe hold off ordering yet.

I just got a 10% discount with an email from Samsung.Got it in the last 10 minutes,I think all I did was register for the unveiling today.

I've applied the code and got my 10% off .

As a thank you for pre-registering your interest you can get an extra 10% off our new innovations with your exclusive code.

I went for the 1TB in Black, picked up a few smart tags as well, they are down to ~€20 at the moment, been meaning to get them for ages.

What can those smarttags be used for?

I've two here at the house and never used them.

I've noticed since lockdown I keep on losing my keys, I could go a couple of days without using them and then it's a panic to find them, I've had to use the spare keys more than once. I also have a lot of tech around, mightn't be unusual for me to have 2 phones and 2 tablets just thrown into a bag, having a tracker could be piece of mind.

A friend of mine uses an Air Tag as an easy way to keep track of his children, he's never had to use it (and I think it's a big stalkery) but it gives him a piece of mind, he has 1 sown into his children jacket and 1 in the school bag.

Did I mention that I'm a geek and love tech, in reality I'll put 1 on my keys and then when the battery goes I'll never replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I also signed up for that. But just checked my email and the they me a confirmation I signed up email into my spam on the 29th. And I can't confirm it now form closed. What a crap system...

If anyone knows anyone with spare code not using let me know.

Not really their fault it went to spam and the event is now over.

You could try asking for them to honor it on their live chat and hope for best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not sure if everyone gets the discount either, I had registered and acknowledged it but haven't yet got a discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

I'm looking at upgrading to the S22 Ultra on 3. €769 upfront and €45 per month after.

I will be selling my S20 Ultra to fund the purchase.

I always buy the phones straight, have gotten my last direct off Samsung as there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in prices and the thought of being roped into a contact again frightens me, I'm currently on Virgin @ €15 a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Maxxey

Anyone know if this is Exynos or SD? Is it single sim or dual sim for Ireland?

Which version (memory) and how long is the contract?

They're nearly always dual sims so I'd be surprised if it was a single sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The Graphite colour looks the best to me but only available in UK.

Also crappy offer with Buds Pro, they can be got for around 100e from Amazon EU sites and will be flogged off for below that after people get these. Gone are the days where they use to give a Watch and Buds fee.

Agreed with you regarding the Buds Pro offer.No interest in them.

Id be delighted to get €100 for them when I sell them.More likely to have people making complete bs offers in adverts/done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone have a spare 10% code that they are not using?

Was not going to get one but going to go for it and get rid of my Fold 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I asked about dual sim earlier but no definite answer. This is what Samsung.com says: *Availability of dual SIM may vary depending on country or carrier.

No SD card option either so onboard storage is even more critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not really good enough answer is it. If your spending this much on a phone direct from Samsung. You'd want to know what the model has on it.

But if you order from Samsung the model is marked as S908BDRGEUB which UK sites spec as having dual sim.

The Fold prelaunch came with a crappy cover, pen and charger, the Buds Pro are a massive step up on that in my opinion, about 3 months after launch they gave the watch with them, they'll probably do the same again this time, they know people will go for the prelaunch option anyway so no point in throwing money away. There hasn't been a decent prelaunch bonus in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Anyone got discount code please?

I have Samsung account but didn't get any code.

Thanks

Advertisement