Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks Barr.

Anyone who is not using the code, please PM me 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

These dates were leaked weeks before the launch event. It was already 25th Feb for Ultra and 11th March for S22/S22+.

For anyone trying to contact Samsung, email is the best option. I got a reply and my query resolved within 5 mins of sending the email last week.

ireland.samsungsupport@exertis.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

So I just spent 55 mins on the phone to them again until i got cut off, this is totally ridiculous. The level of English in the sales team is poor to say the least, no idea how these guys have been given such roles. Totally incapable of grasping the issue.

I did try email on saturday and received a response yesterday, will try that address you have given, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

When i got in touch I was given this email support@samsunguk.zendesk.com but its been about 20 hours with no reply, all I need is a typo in my address changed as I pressed the wrong number.

• Advertisement

Thatss for UK. Exertis look after the site for Ireland so send it to one I posted above

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you get caught in a loop between the UK and Ireland you'll confuse a lot of people, if you get through to the UK the fastest thing to do often is to hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Got a reply from that email in about 5 minutes all done and dusted.

So I emailed exertis and they replied with my invoice. No explanation as to why I didn't receive any email after I placed my purchase!? Running around like a madman the last few days trying to get to the bottom of this.

So then I asked if I could get my account details. When I made this purchase I was prompted to create an account, which I did. I was hoping I'd be able to track my order etc through this. Exertis told me they cannot help me with this and I need to phone 0818 717 100 -> this is the number that leads to the UK desk I've been speaking to the last few days (and who had proven entirely useless)

Thats a common issue. Happened with me last year. Your phone will arrive and you will get tracking by email when its dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

If anyone has a spare discount lying around that they won't use, I would gratefully take it off their hands.

I registered for the Unpacked event, added it to my calendar, attended the session but no code. I contacted the Samsung eShop who told me there was no such promotion and you all received the code for some other different reason...

Update, Exertis found my order, I made a character error in the email. I asked them if I were to set up an account could they add my phone order to my account because I have no tracking information etc for my purchase, they told me they cannot help me with account issues and to use the live chat on the Samsung IE website.

I used the live chat (seemed to be UK even though website was IE) and they told me they couldn't help me and to call 01 246 9557 (an Irish Samsung customer support number). I called them, they said they cannot help me with account issues (so much for customer support??).

They said I must call 0818 717 100 (the dreaded number I've called that only leads to the UK support desks), they said this was an Irish support number. I called them again and lo and behold found myself talking to a UK gentleman, he did seem like he was going to be able to help me, but then said for my specific issue I must speak to the sales team (a team I've spoken to at least 5 times and who have very poor English, they sound like they are talking under water and their problem solving skills are practically 0). The guy who was helpful before them knew I was an Irish customer and said they will be able to help me, he said he had explained my issue to them.

So I took the transfer to them. First thing they say "sorry sir you not UK customer, you must call Ireland". I tried explaining it all to her, she she didn't seem to have the English to understand the problem and kept repeating "you must call Ireland". She even began calling the 'Irish' number for me to call, which was the number I had dialled in my phone whilst talking to her! I just cut off cos I could feel the blood pressure rising.

Samsung are trolling us at this point if this is their service offering. I can accept now I hit a wrong character when purchasing, but this shouldn't be such a charade to try get fixed. There appears to be no clarity of who is responsible for what.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

That sounds like a right nightmare . At least someone found your order - it shouldn't be such a palava.

Now they have your correct email - I assume they will update when the order is despatched etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

What colour did ye go for - I went for the green . Haven't seen one it in the flesh yet .

White was the only one not available when I ordered - must be a popular colour

They won't, the email associated to the purchase is the incorrect one. Exertis say they can't change this and directed me to Samsung .. I almost feel like giving up, whenever it arrives it arrives

They genuinely cannot see past the script they have in front of them. The sales department are particular gems in this regard (other deps had native speakers), atrocious levels of English to be answering queries in English speaking countries. When you spend 2 minutes explaining you didn't receive any invoice or order confirmation and they reply with "mhmm, yes sir i understand, please give me your order number from your invoice and I will solve this for you" you know it's a lost cause.

I explained the issue with my incorrect email used during account setup/purchase and that I'm trying to fix it, then they replied asking for my actual email, then they went "so sorry sir looks like this email doesn't exist on our system" .. not like that's why I'm on the phone with you or anything!? They seem to have good customer service feedback elsewhere, maybe I've just been very unlucky. It feels like I'm speaking to a team in Manila or Delhi at times.

I suggested in one call that I setup a new account and if they could add my purchase onto that new account so I could track etc, they genuinely weren't able to grasp what I was saying and reverted to "you must speak to Ireland team"

Exonus is 40% slower than Snapdragon for S22. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbh that's complete bull. Those bench scores are basically nonsense. Can be manipulated to say whatever result you want.

Also it's Exynos..

I have had used S9+ (US, Asia). US version temp management was far superior. Never mind, what option do we have.

I do trust benchmarks, after moving to MBA M1 from earlier MBA.

Heres some benchmarks for you:

Overall score - Exynos is faster by 0.3% - basically the same

CPU - Snapdragon is faster by 3.4%

GPU - Exynos faster by 5.3%

Memory - Snapdragon faster by 4%

UX - Snapdragon faster by 2%

Samsung have said they'll have a big update that will drastically improve the Exynos's performance soon.

• Advertisement

I have a exynos in my note 10 plus. Dual sim. Its an absolute flyer. Never missed a heartbeat.

All I said was it is sad as it was supposed to be better or at least match Snapdragon and not yet again. Samsung worked so hard on SoC with AMD Graphics.

I also said who cares as we do not have a choice. You ignored that bit :-).

Never mind, Considering you shared data from an unknown source, here are few with detailed insight for everyone - Not just you.

I would be glad if a firm ware update can overcome a design limitation. Helps us all here. :-) Happy Days

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/amd-rdna-2-gpu-on-samsung-exynos-2200-gets-destroyed-by-the-snapdragon-8-gen-1-and-its-adreno-gpu/

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/disappointing-performance-from-exynos-2200-rdna2-gpu

I never said old processor is slower on a standalone basis. At least read, what I had written. LOL. Argument for the sake of it. Note 10 vs S22 AMD SoC are two different worlds BTW.

SE has introduced new AMD SoC architecture and there was a hope that it will match SG chips. I still have Note 8 which works fine with COD. and other games. Of course a less battery time than SG version.

Just a statement was made to show disappointment why not Snapdragon here in EU. Asia is getting it - India, ME etc.

Simply because Tesla is faster, does not make AMG or others any slower. Just a statement why not others match speed of Tesla as it was much anticipated.

Fact is a fact. Why you getting emotional?? No one will diminish value of your phone. RELAX

Did you even read the articles. A hole boat load of 'could' and 'it seems' etc etc.

Carry on, Im not even responding. I simply made a statement and you are making an industry out of it.

Undeniable that SG beats Exynos. You can say whatever who cares, I can say whatever who cares. You do for sure. lol Live with your supersonic chipsets or flying phones. Poor arguments made : Note 10 is a flyer. Yeah in a drag race faster car wins lol....Who care about the drag race when all I do is a road trip.

Enjoy and spend hours,..I'm not coming back to respond or read. lol

Good because you've offered up nothing in it. Bar waffle and being rude to another poster who bagged a bargain.

I think there's a large case of green eye here. Bye...

I had a problem with a keyboard case a few years ago, they told me to contact where I bought it, they told me to contact where I bought it, which was Samsung as it came free with the tablet as part of the pre-order, I went around in circles for months.

I always just go for the black, often I've a case on them anyway, although I've gone clear the past few years.

Went with burgundy as I felt the black was too safe for such an outlay. Be my first new phone in years. Been buying refurbs.

• Advertisement

I've never bothered with the whole Exynos vs. Snapdragon bit, first of all we've no control over what we get in Ireland and second of all if you are worried about the slight gains at this level you shouldn't be using a phone for whatever you are doing. The majority of software for phones are created for the lowest spec'd device and works up so outside of benchmarking tools there'll be no noticable difference in the real world. Also, I've noticed in the last few years that there's a patch almost immediately after release, the cynic in me thinks that this has a massive impact on performance so any pre-release tests aren't worth a curse anyway.

Advertisement