Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ashley02

I've a S9+ and if I went with the Samsung store, they would offer €260 off and I was told by Harvey Norman:

The price we have currently is between €30 and €170 euro, varying depending on condition of the phone, if its working and memory size. Please be advised that the value we give may fluctuate between now and the time of the trade in, which will be the day of collecting the new phone, as this new system is not yet implemented. 

On top of the value of the phone, when preordering the S22 series phones, we are giving a boost to the price you get for the old one. The amount of credit boost received is below:

9th-24th February- Pre Order:

•            S22 Ultra €200 enhanced Trade In (Note this value of €200 ends at COB on Launch Day)

•            S22 Plus €100 Enhanced Trade In

•            S22 €100 Enhanced Trade In

25th February- 31st March:

•            S22 Ultra €150 enhanced Trade In

•            S22 Plus €100 Enhanced Trade In

•            S22 €100 Enhanced Trade In

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Half tempted by the ultra , seems like an ok deal

Ultra 1299 - 10% 129 .90 . €1169.10

They are giving me €420 for a S20 plus

So I pay €749.10 and get Free Buds + free Disney plus for a year

I am very happy with the S20 plus , not sure if its worth the extra outlay

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

420 isn't bad for the plus in fairness and to come up 2 years isn't bad for 750,especially as you're saving 80 on Disney and 100 on the buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G 256 GB Phantom White

€1189 - unidays 15% off.

Trade In

Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G 256GB - €490.00

Check out price:

€700.00

My Budget : €500 😵😶😏

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That's a decent price for a trade in, if you could sell the Buds Pro and the Disney+ Sub it might get you closer to your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Is it worth it buying directly from samsung? I am looking at the S22 ULTRA 128GB BLACK.

I have an avios account and can earn 3 pts for every 1eu spent, it's questionable as to whether it's worth it. I can also buy the phone from Vodafone from 1179EU. Any ideas? The disney and earphone offer from samsung doesn't mean anything to me

I had an A50 which is no longer functioning, currently with a Motorola G50 which isn't meeting my needs to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Been checking the harvey norman website, am i missing something? it says i can preorder, but then just continues to the payment page. No option to see about tradeins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Spoke to chat and they sent me this link, it is in store only for tradeins and preorder?

• Advertisement

Thanks.

If I could sell the Buds pro for €120 then I am happy. Is it doable?

Hello All,

If you use Revolut Desktop Website, you will see 15% off Samsung promotion going on at the moment. The discount is applied before you pay.

Hope you will find it useful!

Also, if someone has a Promo Code, please kindly PM me 😊

Thanks

I just bit the bullet and purchased it via the revolut desktop site

S22 ultra black 128 GB => 1,104 EU

First ever flagship phone I'll be owning and hopefully some upgrade from the G50 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Glad to be of help 😊

Please note my request for the discount code 🤗

Never got one myself unfortunately. They're system of requiring a response to adding your name made sure of that.

It's the only place I bother buying from to be honest, no hassle with support or returns or anything and it's always unlocked, there doesn't seem to be much of a saving anywhere else, especially when it comes to pre-orders.

Hard to know, looking at adverts it certainly does look doable, especially if they are brand new and sealed but if there's a load of them thanks to pre-orders then it might drive the price down a little bit.

I found that to be the case. Currys or harvey norman wanted 1500 for the standard 128GB ultra!? Madness. The revolut thing really made it a good deal if we can sell the earbuds and disney subscription. I do fully expect the cost of the earbuds to drop as the market gets flooded with people trying to offload. I see a 12 month disney plus subscription is worth about 80eu? .. should be able to sell it for 60-70 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you would be doing very well to get €120 for the Buds pro. I paid less than €110 for a pair 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

You would be looking at 100 or below if after quick sale. Buds Pro often drop to around 100 new on Amazon Germany. Also Adverts is flooded with them and there will be even more after this promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Quick question. Looking to buy an S22+ for myself and an S22 for my other half. Trading in an S10+ and an S10. What's my best option?

Go directly to Samsung online store using Revolut Desktop Website to avail of 15% discount. Trade in both phone for the new phones.

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

I'm going the boring auld upgrade way myself. I have pre ordered S22 Ultra with VF Pavilions. They say they will have it March 11th.

Has anyone else pre ordered via the revolut desktop site?

I did yesterday and didn't receive any confirmation email. There is also no trace of my email when I try to log in to the account i created when I made the purchase. I spoke to samsung support last night and today and they are trying to trace my order. Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue?

On another note. I purchased the basic S22 Ultra with 8GB Ram. Is there a way I'll be able to upload stuff onto a cloud and clear the phone if it fills up?

Ram is for application operation. I.e speed and usability of apps. 8gb ram

Storage is for storing data. Your storage will be 128gb. It's more than enough for most people. But yes you can back up to Google drive or Samsung cloud if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Hope you don't mind me asking. Did you pay the full amount for the phone? Do you get a refund back then from Revolut?

Kilsmun

The discount is applied to the checkout basket. You pay the total then. So you've already had your discount applied no refunds needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I used the Revolut website today to order and received an email with attached invoice. Have you checked your spam?

When I follow the link to check up on the order it is just a redirect notice for an invalid url

• Advertisement

OK I understand now, thank you for clearing that up. I presume 8GB is enough for the phone to function at normal speed?

I have checked spam, nothing there. Even samsung themselves cannot find any trace of the order when I give them the delivery address and email address, which they said is not normal. They are trying to find it, I'm curious if the fact I used the site via revolut had some impact.

Just open revolut on desktop, log in to your account, click rewards on the left hand side, type samsung into the search bar and open the samsung store from there. 15% discount is applied to everything automatically before the checkout. You can actually do it on the mobile app too, open the main page then scroll down to "trending rewards", hit see all and search samsung

Advertisement