Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 nations 22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I hope Italy improve! It would be better for the tournament. They have been doormats for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

So true!

if tv producer thinks that tv viewers want to hear the pundits opinion instead of ref ….. they’re daft!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It would be a fun and strange year if only Italy, Scotland and Ireland were in the running for grand slam after today. fingers crossed that they might surprise us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭Xander10

Glad there on Sunday on their own. Watched the two games yesterday and won't waste anytime sitting around today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hugh Cahill is a bit cringe inducing alright. He's far too much a fanboy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I'd take Cahill over Lenihan all day every day. Lenihan does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Squidge has a very good piece on Italy, its worth a watch although he overdoes it a bit on the praise he gives them but they have plenty to be optimistic about with their underage investment paying some dividends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ferpederine

Totally agreed. I think the Pope, O'Shea and Hook were tough but very fair. The current lineup are for the fairweather fans. Everything is good is all the time. It's airy fairy stuff. Like the late late show on Friday night picking the Eurovision entry. All of the songs were "good" and nobody had a bad word to say about anything.

Hurley in particular is awful - can't ask anything remotely thought provoking.

Watching the Scotland game later on the BBC was light years ahead. Here you have Gabby Logan, a proper broadcaster full of class, wit and insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Good chance ROG will be in there next week as they dont have a game.

Be interesting to see who they drop for him if he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Good to win so comprehensively yet have a number of inaccuracies to iron out. That really should have been 50 odd. Nice to get into the tournament though without any damage done.

That was the worst welsh team I can remember in my lifetime and I’m just about old enough to remember Ireland humping some crap teams in the early 2000’s. They were brutal. With the state of their club teams and useless underage performances as seen on Friday, they are in massive trouble. A few ageing legends returning from injury won’t be enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Talking of commentators. Brian Moore has finished with the BBC. A guy who wasn't frightened to say what he thought.

He did the Scotland v England game yesterday as his swansong. At the end his co commentator asked him did he have anything to say. 'Just thank you' was the reply. Class personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

How I miss Fred Cogley and his famous saying (And it’sssssssss not over )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think they're on the right path, they're developing a really young team and they finally have a good out Half in Garbisi which can be worth 10+ points per match in terms of missed penalties and oppportunities squandered

France are almost certainly going to win today, but I think Italy will make a game of it for at least the first half. Maybe won't have enough in the tank to stay with France for the full 80

That was a remarkably agile turnover

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Law question: the Italian full back called a mark there, but had both feet in the air when he caught it... I thought you had to have a foot on the ground to call a mark? (Should have been a penalty Italy imo, was contacted in the air by the French attacker).

We started better against Wales than France have against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Toe in touch there I think

Disagree with the tmo

That's about as close a decision as I've seen have to be made. Behind angle he's not in touch in my opinion.

That's just remarkable. What incredible skill.

He literally landed on his toes to stay in field. Fabulous.

• Advertisement

I don't know the actual laws but I'd say he can put his hand up whenever and the mark applies from when his feet touch down.

Would have been incredibly harsh to not give that imo, looked like he stayed in. Blades of grass in it, mind you. Great stuff from Italy. France not looking anything like living up to the hype so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Think you can call Mark in the air, imagine to reduces impacts and unnecessary contact

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Am I going mad or is this not available to stream on Virgin?

Edit, it's on RTE. I didn't know RTE were showing 6N again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Incredible kick from Jaminet

And an utterly stupid off the ball from the French wing which ruins your 50/22. You'd be fuming.

That won't be given

Oh, that's daft.

There was a clear knock on there no???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

What a kick in the gonads.

Advertisement