Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 nations 22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Strange game. Thought England were comfortable in the first half, but didn't have the scoreboard advantage. It continues in the second half, but they blew it in the final 20.

England under Jones were never a thrilling side who'd cut you open with innovative backplay. But they were usually physically dominant and played a smart game. Their physicality isn't quite as pronounced this time around and they definitely aren't playing a smart game.

I think Scotland were poor enough. We shouldn't fear them at Lansdowne. England might play better at home, but so far they haven't been impressive.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That had to be a penalty against England.

You LOVE to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Love it!!!!!!!!

6 nations is back!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭A-Train

Fair play Scotland to get the win when England were on top for most of the match. Saying that England done little with all their possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Feel like Eddie and England are hiding a lot. Not much on show from them today. Nevertheless, always good to see them get shot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Hard to see how eng not getting a penalty there. Scrums so messy today. Well done the scots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The ref had to tell them both to cop on and sort out the scrum repeatedly though. It wasn't just Scotland

i don’t buy that hiding thing at all. Maybe in a WC. Maybe. Not when it’s two whole 6 nations away.

England are not the same team without Tuilagi. Billy V of old also made a big difference to them.

England are rudderless without the power game.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Felt there was going to be something special about this 6 nations and today has not disappointed. This Will only get better and better I feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭normanbond

Leinster pundits only on Virgin Media,

Matt Williams an earful!

time to change channel 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Achilles Knee

Kearney and Horgan are slating Cowan-Dickie for the penalty. Questioning if he even knows the rules of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,448 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As I said earlier it's not the players that should take the blame for today. There seemed to be no plan in place in possession and not much as regards defense either.

Jones is who I'm looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,071 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Real gutsy display for England against read hot favourites Scotland, they weren't star struck by the opposition and they almost pulled it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How can national TV channels not have a proper commentary team between them???

Hugh Cahill is far too positive. Garry Ringrose was running directly on the shoulder of a player and got a pop pass and made a yard and Cahill was like "LOOK AT THE LINE FROM RINGROSE".

Then he does be calling plays without actually knowing how the game is played. "THERE'S ACRES OF SPACE HERE ON THE LEFT IF THE BALL IS PASSED THIS WAY.....no, they've decided to take it into contact."

As for Virgin Media...get that annoying fool Alan Quinlan off the mic. I was almost about the switch over after 20 minutes...."He's strong isn't he?"..."That's outrageous isn't it?"..."They're well drilled aren't they?"..."It's a really good kick isn't it?"..."That's a big tackle isn't it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

Robot Kearney is awful boring and were did he get that accent from? its like he is trying to speak like the queen or something, very unnatural and forced.

• Advertisement

Rob is an awful bore alright.

When he released his book he was doing the tv and radio circuit and he gave the same old tinned answers every time even if he was asked something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

What I wouldn’t give for a feed with no commentary. And just the ref mic

Commentary talking over the ref is getting worse.

Cahill had a great knack of doing it and getting the explanation wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Bring back Capt. GEORGE HOOK!!

Problem solved!

Some fall from grace in punditry.

Tom McGurk with Pope, O'Shea and Hook.

Now we have Jacqui Hurley with Flannery, Ferris and Heaslip. Flannery was actually decent. Ferris and Heaslip are terrible and just speak in cliches and go with whatever the narrative is at the time.

Itoje is a very good player when he gets everything right. But when he gets it wrong he's a penalty machine. I think he conceded 4 against Scotland? That's dreadful. It's been an issue for years and one which I think he gets an easy ride about.

His disciplinery issues become evident when England don't have things their own way on the pitch. He pushes too much and gets in the bad side of referees quickly. You expect your locks and backrows to give away penalties. Half their job is to delve into the niggly elements of the game and try and cheat to gain an advantage. But Itoje makes so many ill disciplined errors that he actively hurts the side at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

EJ won't like this. Control possession and.. whiff. England should be better than what we saw. Fair play Scotland. 2 in a row!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,916 ✭✭✭fitz

There was a long time when he was just getting away with being offside the whole time. I think refs are wise to him now, but he hasn't adjusted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

England have a few passengers in their team.

Merchant is a terrible defender, as bad a tackler as exists at this level and hes not exactly the best atracker in the world, i can see him getting dropped.

Ford isnt a sub to bring on when a game is close.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The first game last year was the exact same, he pinged off the park. Then he was back to being an absolute pest for the rest of the tournament and probably will be this time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i think any game involving Italy should be played first thing on a saturday, cause their usually one-sided error strewn yawnfests..anyone else agree??

Advertisement