Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So Matsuyama, Lowry, Leishman, Higgo, Hishino, Janewattananond and Valimaki are my bets.

bump 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Gooch T20 @ 12/5, Morikawa E/W @ 16/1, Matt Jones T20 @ 4/1, Scheffler EW @ 25/1, Hovland Top Continental @ 11/10

All 2pts

Looks like a big hitters course. Morikawa isn't one but is a member here but so is Maverick McNealy who I like a lot for this.

Very trappy affair though with DJ looking like he is about to hit form and Thomas now having Bones Mackay on the bag full time, and he won with him in the bag last time. Then you've got Burns and Im in great form.

An outsider to consider is Rasmus Hojgaard whose a very big hitter too.

Yeah I liked Maverick too, wanted him for T20/T10 but odds were poor. His ball striking stats last week were good but around the green/putting were poor. Another big hitter who's in good form is Aaron Wise, he was 25th in SG tee-to-green which is big but just couldn't putt. Gaining more strokes on the green this year so far, 50/1 this week one to keep an eye on

• Advertisement

3/5 - got some e/w returns on Colllin. Jones and Scheffler the losses, should have went on Wise/Maverick instead of Jones

Fancy Paul Dunne at 500-1 for the Mallorca Golf Open, each-way obviously. Played some beautiful golf at the Alfred Dunhill Links and was unlucky to miss the cut, with the howling wind that was about in Scotland in that week. Looks quite close to his best, and cannot be dismissed in this sub-standard European tour event in the Balearic Islands this week.

It's hardly sub-standard when you have Kaymer, Pieters, Beef, Catlin, Canter and Horsfield in it and most of the regular players.

Would love to see a return to firm for Dunne. What's happened to him, was he injured or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Beef looks to have played himself back into form will have a sneak.

Bets this week -

C.T. Pan T20 @ 13/10, Emiliano Grillo T20 @ 13/10, Shaun Norris T40 @ evs, Will Zalatoris e/w @ 16/1, Ryan Fox e/w in spain @ 22/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I fancy James Hahn this week at 200/1 - has won on the pga tour before

Sony Open

Gone for 5 each way in this.. They might be bigger elsewhere, but Boyle's going 10 places 1/5 odds

Sungjae Im 12/1 , Hideki Matsuyama 12/1 , Kevin Na 22/1 , Billy Horschel 30/1 , Jason Kokrak 33/1

Be a sad state of affairs if I've no one to root for come Sunday!

I’ve gone Cammie Smith to go back to back in Hawaii . His price is smaller than last week but the field is weaker

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GymTanLaundry

Late to the party here: 3 main bets this week were Kevin Na, Hideki and Kizzire (80/1) ‐ hopeful someone will be thereabouts on Sunday night. Hawaii isn't great for the evening watch of a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Have Seamus Power EW @40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

You hardly want to know about all my failures? 😕

Couldn't resist taking the juicy 40/1 on Simpson today. Furyk at 25/1 also backed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

Nice1 on Hideki, I fell asleep at the turn and he looked well beaten. 5 behind, he showed serious cajones to turn round the deficit. Some of the shots he played to get the win were incredible. Proper iceman under pressure, read somewhere that he classed the pressure greater on the home win in the zozo over the masters 1. Either way he knows how to get a job done. Very impressive win from him.

Cheers, nice to start the year 1 for 1. Hopefully the rest of the year will be as fruitful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Not a fan of the set up in America this week so picked out a few huge prices for small stakes for an interest.

8 places

Brandon Wu 300/1

Grillo 125/1

Norlander 150/1

Nesmith 250/1

Whaley schenk kizzire for me

Like Cantlay pick this week. Short enough price for the big field. Ancer and zalatoris for each way chances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Seamus Power and Wolff for top 5 at around 7/1.

Was going to mention that I collected on Seamus last week for top 5 at around 10/1 but people get bothered if you tell after you've won.

Ancer, Finau and Ghim this week for me on PGA. All each way.

Dustin and Thomas win only. Ew kizzire Whaley horschel. Why is the US golf wed - sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pebble beach pro am

Liking the 3 Brian Harman, Stewert Cink and Joel Dahman round this stunning course.

Harman is in great form coming into this. Impressive display in la Jolla for the American express. He also has form around pebble beach, only a bad final round last time out cost him getting top 10 at least

Cink just loves links and his form hasn't been too shabby since the turn of the year.

Dahman solely for the time he won, I specifically remember his hat blowing off cos the weather was that whacky so it's a punt but reckon the conditions will suit him

Should be a good few days and loads of cool holes with loads of drama

• Advertisement

Have power at 25/1 for pebble.

Also have him to win majors this year. Based on his performances in last 6 months he's literally first page of EVERY leaderboard EVERY outing and his odds have steadily decreased as time goes on. Soon he's not going to be good value any longer!

Also have Leona to win this weekend and put a longer term top money earner in lpga this year.

Advertisement