Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Similar situation to yourself, 1st time application for a rug rat, sent in docs but still not showing up as received.

Holiday booked for 22 may so hopefully be back by then

• Registered Users Posts: 5 isewell

so after 8 months of waiting my first time adult passport application FINALLY changed from Processing to Printing. It's now been a week in the printing state. Did they run out of toner? 😳 Is this typical or am I stuck again and should start reaching out?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Quick question please, I' ve just renewed my child's passport online & just need to post off docs. I'll be getting our signatures witnessed by an accountant friend, do we no longer need to go to garda Station to have docs stamped etc? It's been a while since I renewed passports but always had to go to garda station with DH & said child Thanks

We renewed our 5yr ilds 2wks ago online, filled in form and her school principal signed it, it's currently in the printing stage.... Supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Great, thank you😊

• Advertisement

Arrived this morning, 5yr olds renewal, approx 2wks from applying to delivered, delighted.

Now for the worry of James's passport coming by end of May

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Morning all,

Just wondering is anyone came across the following issue. Submitted 2 online adult Irish renewals (bog-standard, straight-forward) on Friday. Money taken from card, and not 1 but 3 confirmation email each with application number etc on them

Input application numbers into the tracking system and message appearing that application does not exist.

Tried to get through to passport office but may aswell be trying to get through to God.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Good to hear, Mrs Gs name change was submitted on 07/01 (marked as received) and completion date is due for today but we are holding our breath here!!

Hope it is resolved ASAP as she needs the passport for ID purposes.

I'm still stuck in Printing, for almost 2 weeks now. I don't possibly understand why this thread is full of simple renewals being done and received in 2-3 days but yet I'm stuck in printing.. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but printing is no more difficult for a first time passport than for a renewal?

I'm sorry if I'm frustrated but I've been waiting for EIGHT MONTHS now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm still stuck at the email stage. Broken link in all 5 emails sent at the same time. Can't get through on the phone to find out which forms need to be completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

I put in two first time passport applications last week, one is showing up as awaiting documentation, the other one doesn't appear to be on the system at all. Has anyone else had this issue? How long after submitting application did it take to appear on the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rangwick22

I applied 3 weeks ago, received by them 2 weeks ago still nothing on system, saying waiting documentation. I called them last week, they said they have everything and issue date is 31st march. Might be an issue with the website..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 a090

Hi everyone,

I applied for my newborn's passport a month ago. Supporting documents were delivered on Jan 6. But the tracker hasn't been updated yet. I am extremely worried at this moment and the Passport office gave no response except to wait.

I am aware the timeline for processing are quite crazy right now, but not acknowledging that they have received the documents after 4 weeks of them being delivered is a big cause of worry for me right now.

Any idea on how I can escalate the issue?

All the help is much appreciated.

Same situation, we applied for our 8 month olds new passport mid Jan, on the tracker page it still says that i need to submit further documentation.

Rang them today and finally spoke to a guy there, he said it's a glitch on system and that they have all documents, although couldn't tell me if docs were all ok as they've not been inspected yet, gave me a date of March 31st.

Told him that maybe, just maybe, if they fixxed the glitch then the phonecalls would go down....A LOT

• Registered Users Posts: 12 a090

Thanks so much, a bit reassuring. However, when I called them last week on Friday, the lady said my case is with the "documents department" and they are looking into it. So I am not sure if it's a glitch in the system or they haven't found them yet.

I'll try calling them again, though will probably have to take a day off from work - and try calling them incessantly to even get through one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Calling them will achieve nothing at this stage. Give it another fortnight and if not updated by then, call but it's two working days since you last called them. Be realistic, taking into account all the posts on here about delays with documents

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Question for the good folks that have been through this. I see mention in both the thread, and in the linked article, that for first time applications people have submitted the parents original passports (or at least in the thread people asking for them to be returned). We submitted 2 requests for 1st time passports last week and the application form clearly stated that originals of the parents passports should not be submitted. In addition, as I renewed my own passport since the children were born, I submitted my original birth cert as instructed on the form. My wife submitted a copy of her passport.

Can anyone shed any light to the referencing of original passports being submitted? Are these requested later on in the process?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Actually realise that not all apps are the same and so some may need original passports. We actually got through to the helpline just now and they confirmed they didn't need the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭nhg

Looking for advise as website unclear & can’t get through to either Cork or Dublin on the phone & webchat greyed out……

Son has child passport due to expire 4 days after he turns 18, so I assume we have apply for 1st Adult Passport & wait until after he turn 18 to get the photos, form etc signed by the guard. Going to send in a paper application as his name on his current passport includes his first & middle name on his birth cert & he just want his name to be his first name & surname (as he is known as - easier for booking flights etc). Paper application has option for ‘name on passport’ & further down it asks for birth certificate name & if you want that to be recorded in observation, online renewal doesn’t give that option.

It looks for photographic id, his current id is his passport & his driver permit both of which have his first & middle name, his bank statements which will be his proof of address have just his first name - will I need to send in all the bank statements going back 2 years as proof of usage.

Do you envisage any issues with getting his passport issued in his first name & surname?

If we go for another child passport before he turns 18, even with sending in the paper application will it just issue with the name on his child passport or can we change it on that - no photo ID or proof of address required with that application.

Social Welfare have him registered as per birth certificate with both first & middle name & will only change his name on his PPSN back to his first name if we can bring in photo ID with his first name even though we brought in the 2 years proof of usage.

He wants his middle name removed if possible. Every day in school, in each class during roll call they call out both his first & middle name even though I have asked them to change it! So you can imagine how pi..ed off he is with his middle name (it’s Patrick so it could be worse 🤣)

Want to get this all sorted before he starts college in September…..

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Hi I did the exact same thing I removed my middle name off my passport last year. I applied online as an adult, I filled my name out as just first and last name (didn't write my middle name in), and I clicked that I want an observation of my full birth cert name (yes you can do this online) I also didn't click that I'm making a name change/proof of usage, because it's still my name! You're allowed to drop your middle name if you want!(I asked customer service about this last year, if you want to drop middle name it's no problem, you don't need proof)

Then I sent off my birth cert(only because I wanted an observation, if you don't want one, you don't send your birth cert you can still drop the 2nd forename no issue)

Then about 2 weeks after I applied I got a phonecall from the passport office just confirming that I wanted to drop the middle name, I said yes and they said that's fine.

Once I got my new passport, I went to intreo and showed them my new passport and they changed my name on the system and on my Public service card to remove the middle name, the passport was enough proof of name, didn't have to show them anything else.

I also can change name on licence now if I wanted, haven't bothered yet but i can.

So to sum it up, he can apply online, get observation if he wants, when applying type the name without the middle name (don't need proof of usage because it's still his name) and the passport office may call to confirm. Then he can change on PPS card and license if he wants, for me the passport was enough proof of name for them. And also he doesn't have to get an observation of his full birth name, but he can, I did it and I recommend just Incase to be able to prove full birth name.

And you DONT need 2 years of usage to removed middle name!!

Edit: found a screenshot with customer service when I asked them about this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Hi, your son’s application is a renewal and not a 1st time adult (this is only for a person who’s never had a passport or if it’s expired a good few years, if you apply as a 1st time, it’ll take much longer. As Cookiee said, you can opt for birth certificate observation but must send in his birth certificate, the application may take longer to process as a document needs to be scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I have a question someone might know the answer to here - we're waiting to book flights for September, but can't until we know what names we can book them under. Hopefully someone knows.

So there's 5 of us:

• Me: Valid passport
    • Wife: Valid passport now but expires in September so applying for new one now.
    • Children x 3: never had passports before, all under 10.

2 questions:

• We've gotten married since my wifes last passport and she wants to change her name. Assuming all that's needed here is the marriage cert?
    • Our eldest child was born before we were married, and the name on her birth cert is double barreled (both of our surnames). The other 2 are our married surname. We'd like to change this to just the married surname on the passport ideally. What's needed here?

I spoke with someone at the passport office who said there was a problem with the website and it is not reporting correct status for many passport applications. He gave me an AN Post tracking number, which shows status "Your delivery was received in UNITED STATES" over a week ago, and no movement since then. Is this typical, or to add insult to injury, has my passport been lost by AN Post?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

i submitted my application today for my son. He is 1 year and 3 days. The online application tool accepted my photo. His mouth is open and one ear is more visible than the other. Anyone been rejected for mouth open photo after the online tool accepted it? He tends to breathe through his mouth. Head melted

1. yes, just thr marriage certificate, original and they won’t accept church ones.
    2. what age is the child?

Should be fine providing the lighting is correct and the background is white, cream or light grey

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed. Booked flights for 30 April before we knew about the delays 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

1. Thanks!
    2. She'll be 10 at the time of application.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sunshine2022

Hi I'm really starting to worry about the picture has anyone had a passport picture rejected on first time application and then have to go to the back of the que again??? Or do they pick it up ASAP and continue to process? Mine hasn't even gone to processing and docs accepted 5th Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Is it first time passport or renewal? If it's first time this is normal timeline it takes longer for this type of application

Advertisement