Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ringroad or infrastructure project?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If I had a mil to spend on a 3,000 sq ft gaff, I wouldn't be buying it in a field on a dark dangerous road behind Ongar.

Lucky the road is being upgraded :D
    bbari wrote: »
    Its actually 2500 sq ft. I was hoping it will be around e750K. Perhaps the 30% increase in the building material is reflected in the price.

Who knows what wizardry goes into calculating price increases these days (what you can get away with versus the actual rise in materials cost - know some people doing renovations and extensions and it's killing them.)

At €900k and 2,518 square feet it's €357.42 per square foot. The prices in next door Holsteiner are all over the place (3 types of houses, garages and without), the biggest unit there is 3,500 square feet (or so) and the sale prices range from €900k to €1.07m excluding the show house (which I think sold with all the fittings and finishings). So call it €257-€306 per square foot, depending on a garage and how good a negotiator you are. Smaller units went for less but I think the price per square foot was fairly consistent with that.

That's a premium of up to 39% for the gallops per square foot to live next door to an estate completed in the last year. Ouch.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Very cool looking. Seems to have updated a very wide area, I just fell down a rabbit hole of looking in gardens for miles around! :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Very cool looking. Seems to have updated a very wide area, I just fell down a rabbit hole of looking in gardens for miles around! :D

Lol, me too! Really notice the difference with all the new developments in Hansfield, St Josephs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    The R149 (the back road from Ongar/Clonee to Lucan) is going to be closed from tomorrow 8th June for the next two weeks. I use that road daily for work. I guess our alternatives are to take either the M50, or go over the railway bridge in Clonsilla and out by Westmanstown to get to Lucan?

Anybody know if these roadworks finished as scheduled today?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Anybody know if these roadworks finished as scheduled today?

The works never took place as originally scheduled, the new date is 22nd of June until 4th july

• Advertisement

PerryB78 wrote: »
    The works never took place as originally scheduled, the new date is 22nd of June until 4th july

Ah really?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Does anybody know when the new pathway from Clonee Village toward Ongar (R149) will be started/completed? AFAIK it's included in Planning Application Reference: RA191224 but will that be the last thing that's done as part of that process? It would make a nice circle for walking from Clonee Village toward Ongar, around by Littlepace and back to Clonee Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 thebandit2020

Sign up saying "Launching September 2021" but can't see anything online about them.

The Shelby, The Gallops, Clonee on MyHome now. €935,000 is a bit steep, considering 850k will get you a pretty decent house in Clontarf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not a 2,600 sq ft house.

I agree they are probably overpriced by 100-150k, but if they sell, then I guess they aren't.

Nice to see the roundabout on the virtual image of the estate, though!

As I mentioned above, the houses next door at 3,500 sq ft were going for 900k-1m new build. That's some premium per square ft they're looking for, about €100+ per square foot more. Be very interesting to see if they sell them at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

One junction where a roundabout is really needed!

I'm surprised in a way that its a roundabout going in, the DMURS regulations have moved very much away from them towards signalised junctions for the protection of pedestrians and cyclists.

No update on that roundabout, but multiple crashes at that junction over the past two weeks, including this doozie last night. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZML8jbnKj/

I was searching twitter earlier for 'R149 Clonee' to see if there was any news about the road, the results of the search almost all collisions. It's a lethal stretch of road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Scary watching that video clip. It really is one of the worst junctions I'm aware of in Dublin. I try to avoid it if possible b

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It’s in Co.Meath and that part of the reason it has remained very much the same over the last 40 odd years.

Word I got from a cllr is that the new housing estate they're building there can have no more than 9 homes occupied before the roundabout has to be installed. That could still be quite a ways away if they stick to that as a target rather than just getting it done.

Gallops Phase 1 sold out.

• Advertisement

And the ditches have all been cleared to install the roundabout and widened approach roads.

Not a moment too soon either, that T-junction is a disaster.

I've been away from the area for a few weeks, how is this new roundabout coming along?

No sign of the roundabout yet. From what people have said here and other forums, it's no more than 9 homes occupied before they have to install the roundabout, and no more than 13 homes occupied before the cycle lane and path are installed. Could be a while yet waiting.

It seems like a very dumb way of applying a planning condition.

It should have been, 'you'll build a roundabout and approaches to this specification and you will complete it before any homes are occupied'

However, lots of site clearance and boundary setting has gone on in the past few weeks, hopefully the civil works to get the roundabout in will start very soon. It'll be painful enough for a few weeks while they do though. Probably about 6 weeks of a build if they go hard at it, including the drainage upgrades and what not.

Yeah it'll probably be done over Christmas/New Year, the darkest, dreariest time of year to be stuck behind roadworks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

The little raised stretch of cycle lane they've added outside those €900K homes is difficult to see in the pitch dark while there are no street lights installed as yet. Hopefully the roundabout and lighting is completed soon.

If they add continuous footpath between Ongar and Clonee as part of the works, that will make a nice new semi rural walking and running route for the area!

Quite right about that, I saw a car hop off it and skid through 90 degrees, during the heavy rain on Sunday evening. Reported the lack of lighting or shoulder marking to the Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Yeah everytime I pass it I nearly clip it. I'd say it has seen its fair share of tyres.

It will be nice if they complete the path from the roundabout at ongar right around to the new roundabout. In fact, it would great if there was a footpath the whole way to Clonee village. It would really connect the village better with safe access rather than having to take the massive driving loop around the M3/Aldi end to get to the village. Does anyone know if this was ever planned or discussed?

Looks like 9 houses sold in phase 1. Phase 2 just launched this month. Roundabout can't be far off now.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any info on whats happening with this?

I'm sure you've all seen its been left half-assed and I saw a pretty bad accident lately where an MPV pulled out from the Lucan direction and got T-boned by a van racing down from Clonee way.

You can't see properly to your left coming from Lucan unless you stick your nose in the middle of the near lane and the Clonee-Ongar run sees some lethal speed on it.

Who is taking responsibility for this unfinished mess?

Advertisement