Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ringroad or infrastructure project?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Haven't heard anything about it, I would have imagined they would have at least started clearing trees and hedges by now. Junction is a mess.

Just looking at the ABP status for this development, does this appeal suggest that the developer has said "get bent, I'm not building your roundabout, go and sing for your pavement and cycle lane as well"?

I drove past last night and it was pitch black at 8pm. 100% going to be a serious collision here soon with the darker evenings and traffic picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I'd actually almost agree that the onus shouldn't be on the developer here. Even if there were no new houses built here, it's a lethal junction regardless for the large volume of traffic. Fingal need to get their finger out on this and proceed with the roundabout regardless. Drove past this evening and see that 3 measly street lights are now lit at night. Still not great for overall visibility but at least you won't accidentally drive onto the footpath in the dark as was dangerously likely.

It's up to MCC, not Fingal, which is part of the problem I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

This whole junction/zone is a nightmare. Unfinished paths, disconnected cycle paths, road surface and no proper lightning. How this can't just be resolved easily it is beyond me but a typical example of Ireland and how we do things arsed ways.

I've noticed further down the lucan/clonee road over the railway bridge, they have started working in one of the fields and cleared hedging & installing new drainage. Is the start of works for a new bypass road between ongar & lucan?

• Advertisement

Started work on this a couple of weeks ago. It was first announced in 2007, so if it's finished this decade that will be pretty good going.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

One significant delay to the overall project was the feckin stupid idea to have a large stretch of this new road passing through St. Catherine's Park and joining with the M4/N4 and R403 between Leixlip and Lucan. Whoever in Fingal thought that was a good idea deserves a good hard kick in the hole!

Noticed this morning that works have started on that corner now so that probably means the phase 2 houses are almost ready to go and they'll have to have the roundabout sorted soon. Also noticed an elderly man in pjs (Syrian maybe?) walking along that stretch of road and cars having to swerve to avoid him. So if you hear of an accident involving a pedestrian and a vehicle, it's probably him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pale Red

No real activity on building roundabout. Stop-go lights a few hundred yards from the junction (towards Ongar) today.

Yeah I jumped the gun, some work on the path but nothing on the roundabout. I got a 39a home from town recently, at about 2.30am. What could have been a nice 12-15 min walk to Clonee Village turned out to be about 30+ mins going around the long way, I can't wait til that path from Ongar to Clonee Village is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Pale Red

There have been eight sales at the Gallops according to the Property Price Register. Maybe they are waiting to sell another batch together before having to spend money on roundabout. At least there is improved visibility with ditch removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its still a desperately dangerous junction, especially in poor weather.

Advertisement