Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Try UPS directly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Had a very strange experience on chat about a return. I bought a “used - like new” described item and it came in very bad shape, as in worthless. I have always found amazons customer service to be exceptional, so I am always kind, courteous and grateful in return. The fella I got on the return was one of the most obnoxious and rude people I’ve ever dealt with, to the point of it being funny. Told me to “deal with it, it was used when you bought it”. I sent pictures in and wouldn’t back down (to put it into context, not only was the item cracked and broken it had some kind of food smeared into it and had long hairs stuck to it). I couldn’t believe yer man. Said I’d have to pay for the return. Anyone had this experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Send the item back with the same courier that delivered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Sounds like you were very unlucky there. I'd start a new chat. You should be able to leave bad rating for the agent. You usually get an email asking for feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I asked to speak to someone else and after a lot of delaying and telling me I would get the same reply from a new agent I eventually spoke to someone else who immediately sorted it with postage. I wasn’t able to leave feedback for the previous agent as it was transferred unfortunately. Just found the whole thing to be quite bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

This has happened on multiple orders for me. Full import fee refunded, infact got 2 x 50£+ refunds just today. I am not sure why this happens as I get vat refund on most orders but its just a few £ but on some orders I have gotten the full fee back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So, in Cork today, white van pulls up with loads of amazon parcels on the front seat and a driver in a blue Amazon polo delivering the parcels.

I thought I was in the US because so far I only did notice Parcel King in Dublin area doing the delivery but seemingly Cork now gets Amazon Delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got that for the first time today too, new D reg Master. You could track the van location live. Driver was enthusiastic, almost excited, looked about 12 though!

Amazon have Prime branded delivery vans in Dublin now, like the ones they have in the US.

Spotted one of those at the weekend in Cork too come to think of it

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, my prime order from Tuesday was sent today via AnPost (forecast to be here next Tuesday).

And right now, everything I look at is at least delivery in 6 days, as soon as I swap to Dublin, everything is 2 days.

So, what ever logic they are using to determine AnPost over Amazon Prime Delivery does seem to exclude what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

Its your location. Amazon Prime are only going to places they can find,large towns,etc.An Post go to all areas of the country big or small all year round in all weathers.

Giving how yesterday and today Amazon Prime was delivering to our reception area for other Neighbours that logic somehow is off.

It is me, maybe i play around with my address a little to see if that helps.

And in fact, it's the way my address is formatted.

With a little tinkering I now get Tuesday as prime delivery instead of Thursday.

It seems that the Amazon Location provider is a little behind times with some addresses, but I now have it in the right format for the system to understand.

Post edited by Yggr of Asgard on

And that worked, ordered Friday evening, and delivered just now by an Amazon Prime driver.

I could see on the map (provided by here) that he was approaching, and he did find me without a problem.

I'm so happy that by tinkering with my address I now have faster delivery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Be careful of Amazon renewing Prime. I had auto-renew switched off, and a confirmation email received to confirm that it was ending. It decided to bill it again today.

Just checked there and I was somehow signed up to the free month again even though I'm sure I pressed no last time I made a purchase. They're sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

hi folks.

I ordered an item from Amazon.de that turned out defective.

when I printed the return label this is the address.

my question is will AnPost be able to process the return to this address ??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,052 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Sure, why not? They only have to recognise it as an address in Germany (and, if necessary, you can write "Germany" on the label yourself - but I doubt that that will be necessary). They then hand it over to the German post office, who take it from there.

That address is in Slovakia. I don't know why it says DE.

• Advertisement

If there are no details about who is paying the charges, An Post probably won't accept it. if you go back a few pages you'll see others had the same problem and had to organise shipping themselves, and be reimbursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭EarWig

It's funny I was just tracking a package and saw on the map I was 'Next Stop'.

Driver couldn't find my place because my Eircode is not correctly placed on Amazon's map. It's perfect on https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

Also, looking at Amazon's map near me. It's missing roads and showing incomplete roads too. Bizarre stuff.

Poor driver and now poor me. Just wasted 20 minutes sitting here waiting for a ring at the door.

Guessing they'll try again tomorrow but, of course, I'm not at home then!

Use HERE WeGo to find your address and format it accordingly, that is the map provider Amazon uses.

Once I change my address to match what it gave me, I suddenly had Amazon Prime delivery via Amazon, if I use my Eircode address, I get AnPost.

Also "next stop" does not mean next stop, sometimes it changes, and the driver will be with you after a while. I had that multiple times, I wait until I see them really coming up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There's a bug in the live tracking of Amazon drivers, it was fixed but I noticed it back again today. Basically the deliveries are done in order of delivery number, not geographically. So I could be order 76 and my neighbour 28. So the driver delivers next door then goes away then comes back to me a couple of hours later. Problem is the GPS picks up that it's near me and I get a notification that I'm next delivery when they're next door. But I'm not.

Last autumn it was gaps of 3-6 hours, today it was 2 hours. I spent ages talking to customer care and the drivers about it last year and it did get fixed but as today showed, it's back!

I'm surprised that given Amazon's drive for time saving they can't sort deliveries geographically meaning drivers don't go back to the same estate several times in one shift. Oh and if the driver used his cop on and delivered to me after next door, his app would tell him his next delivery was #77. Bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I buy books from Amazon UK every couple of weeks - no issues - although I have Prime so deliveries aren't made by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rf4c

Just wanted to add my bit! I'm also an avid book buyer and use Amazon website to find the books second hand. Mostly they're as good as new at ridiculous prices, but I never buy Amazons offerings. I always go to the "Buying options" on the right side of the page.

My go to sellers are "Better World Books" (they give a potion of sales to charity) and World of Books.

Both are very fast and I've never had a book delayed or stopped for fees. Maybe it's to do with their attention to detail with the paperwork or something else. I don't know by hope some of this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

An post deliver prime as well.

Amazon pay the Irish vat on stuff that it applies to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭rf4c

That's a good point about Prime.

I'm not trying to make Mr. Bezos richer, but Prime can be useful too.

We got Prime (the missus and me) for 7.99 a month.

Unless your importing nuclear missiles, everything seems to sail through on Prime. and much faster.

As well, you get the video, music and a few special offers. We don't use much of that, but we signed up

for our weekly takeout on Deliveroo Plus, and over 25 euros we get free delivery for being Prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭deezell

The gas thing is I'm not on prime, and delivery was listed at £4.87, a lot less than .DE at about €12, but at checkout I noticed there was a standard delivery option which was free, so what the hell, I wasn't in a hurry. I ticked it and still got goods in 4 days.

• Items: £33.29
    • Postage & Packing: £4.87
    • Total before VAT: £38.16
    • VAT: £8.78
    • Total: £46.94
    • Promotion Applied: -£4.87
    • Order Total: £40.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭EarWig

That is routine.

The estimated delivery dates are far out to encourage people to buy faster delivery. But, at least for me who always chooses the slower free delivery, it comes much much faster than expected. That often causes problems for me!

Advertisement