Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options
1464748495052»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

harvey norman don't have any stock . they will take your order but they have none at hand to actually deliver . it's misleading what they are at .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Shocked, shocked that Harvey Normans would be up to sketchy stuff.

The Series X is basically sold out everywhere, and when it does come in, it usually sells out within the day, so yeah, unfortunately it's the same as the PS5. It does seem to last just a little bit longer in stock though, so it while it might sell out within the day, it does take most of the day, whereas the PS5 is usually gone in minutes. At least, that's my impression of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That's certainly the impression I'm getting. Xbox will sell out in a few hours whereas the PS will sell out in a few mins. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm old and not "with it" anymore . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The impression I get from speaking with my nephew who is 16 is that the PS4 clobbered the Xbox One, and a lot of the teens/etc would have had the PS4 as their first console, so are loyal to Playstation. Even though the offering of the xbox with gamepass is such a knockout that it doesn't really make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ye I am tempted by the PS5 but gamepass is just too good value to not go with the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

For me, my money (and future spending) is more important than my kid's brand loyalty. 😁

I recall contacting xbox support and asking if I could spend my Rewards points to purchase hardware from other countries, they said no but I could purchase consoles from other countries with real money and they would ship here!! She suggested Poland. Not sure if she was 100% correct about not using Rewards Points , but the thing is... she was able to check and see availability in different countries in a couple of seconds and offer to help me with purchasing there and then!!!

Get the customer support to check around for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

going to trade in original xbox against a series s.

2 questions - how much is it worth to trade in.

without box what do i need? console , a controller and power connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

They have some in stock on the Microsoft Store at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Just go to Curry's and order one over the counter. It takes a week to come direct from MS and you collect in store. They will give you a call when it's in. I have done this. And at least 3 people I know have done it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Anyone know if there's anywhere in Dublin I could walk in and buy the Xbox wireless headset from Microsoft or is it always online wait for delivery

Always complain if things go missing from An Post, it's not just Birthday money that goes missing. They're lethal.

Don't tell them you ordered another one though, tell them go look for it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What are peoples thoughts on going the All Access route to get a Series X? Here in Spain, I haven’t been able to find a console since launch. However, Game seem to have stock for All Access buyers. Don’t really want to get a loan (even though it’s 0%) but can’t see another way of getting one. Game Pass Ultimate would also be full price too with the 2 year sub to Access. Anyone here go that route?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carrollfc

Smyth's and GameStop have the Series X now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

if that's the only way and you really want one, technically* it's not a bad deal. I'm not sure how popular the deal is on this side of the world, but I see lots of mention of our US friends making use of it.

*ignoring the cheap workaround for GPU

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

Post edited by Cdemess on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Someone asking on other thread ...

... loads of series X in Smyths

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-gaming/xbox-series-x-%7c-s/xbox-series-x-%7c-s-consoles/xbox-series-x-1tb-console/p/192012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 donatmoto

Series S is available on Amazon France, Germany and Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 18 donatmoto

5+ Series X in ilac now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just got the last series X in Gamestop Crescent Limerick.

Have 2 of the series S's but you can see the limitations in games from quick resume underlying its weak gpu. No big deal really just do a full restart but the series X is a far better machine.

They are easy to come by now.

And a great machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

Any ideas what is a decent price for an Xbox series X new they are 499€ but second hand 400-450€ seems the range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Smyths have the following

Gilded Hunter Bundle featuring nine in-game cosmetics and virtual currency for Fortnite, Rocket League and Fall Guys.

I might pull the plug and cash in my 300k points for the Series X . Totally clueless so would appreciate advice:

1. Can the Series X be bought on the online Microsoft store? Any time I go to the store on my console it's never available.

2. Do I turn my points into Microsoft Gift cards then use them to pay.

3. Can I top up the balance owed, (€200 approx) by purchasing more gift cards with my own cash.

Go to the store from a pc/laptop. Series X 499 euro, free delivery. Have no idea how to redeem points ... makesure you are logged into your MS account and then goto the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

Seems this has been around a while (apologies if posted before), but the Series S Carbon Black with 1TB is available for pre-order. Release date 01 Sep 2023. Fifty quid extra (off normal pricing) for blackness and double storage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement