Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any bikes to be had?

2»

Comments

I was reading somewhere the other day there is a serious issue with supply of shipping containers in a lot of places with significant wait times for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That price of containers has shot up too, could cause shipping companies to hold off untill they 100% pack to the brim where they may have sailed at 80-90% before? God knows, that's wild speculation but it does account for increased prices for the end user.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i heard in some podcast that in the states, supply lines were under so much pressure than truck drivers were driving containers from, say, the coast to las vegas, and not waiting for the container to be emptied - they'd just hot foot it back to the port without the container. so the containers were just piling up at the destinations and restricting the supply of empty ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The old standard would be to drop a trailer and collect a new one for the return journey. It would be very unlike a haulage company to spend diesel without a fare hanging off the back of a truck.

Less time waiting, more time driving and pretty much always making money is the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I think the issue is shipping from factories along with shortage of gear-sets..previously you could just order a bike in at any dealer or bike shop..now no such luxury and people are buying what is available ! Shimano gear-set shortage fuels this further !

no wonder no new models for 2022 introduced by biggies like giant yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

I tried to buy a bike of canyon but they will only sell to the value of the bike to work. So if the bike is 1500 you can not buy. I tried everything but no joy. The only way was get the company to buy the bike and I could pay back the company. I work in the public and although I probably could of pushed the case I gave up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm surprised, because when I approached Canyon about the same thing, they told me it ws no problem at all, I'd just have to make the payment of the extra myself. The only reason I didn't go with Canyon in the end was that my employer has a window in which the cycle to work scheme operates, and Canyon wouldn't allow me to pre order the bike, I could only make the purchase once the bike was in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

I was trying over a year ago. Might have a go again as never used the scheme in the end. Thanks Colm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Yeah dealing Canyon at the moment. They won't give me a split invoice and my employer flatly won't accept an invoice that exceeds 1250.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I literally screenshotted a conversation the utter day whereby they said absolutely no problem splitting an invoice and using bike to work. I can’t use it unfortunately as my employer uses third party vouchers.

I would take what they say with spicy of salt though. Even though they told me it was no problem, a friend of mine tried it last year and he said they wouldn’t do it.

Here's a screenshot of an email from Canyon just last September. It clearly states that any balance can be paid separately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Yeah I have the exact same email and it got my hopes up.

Canyon will accept multiple payments. But will only issue one invoice for the total. And Work won't accept that invoice as it's over 1250. So I'm snookered.

Could you try and explain to work that regardless of the invoice amount, they'll only pay out the €1250, you'll be covering the rest. Show them the email from Canyon too. Has to be worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is that the black and orange one? I might be interested around then depending on how my house hunting goes in the meantime, I'll make a note in my calendar for May to get in touch.

Is that the black and orange one? I might be interested around then depending on how my house hunting goes in the meantime, I'll put a reminder in my calendar for May just in case.

Post edited by Thargor on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

It is the black and orange one. I have a cube agree c62 ordered for june so hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

Yeah I like Defys and I always thought that one was a stunner, never seemed to be in stock anywhere and the last couple of years have seen them go to horrible boring colour schemes that make the bikes look dated. Go ahead and sell it though, dont be banking on me. Im leaning more towards building my own this year.

Advertisement